Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

If it's angsty and a bald black woman it could be Skunk Anansie - Charlie Big Potato

Yes!! :D Thank you very much :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Taajsgpm wrote: »
    Wow not a whole lot to go on that one

true. This one came to mind. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

A music video, got some play on MTV maybe mid 90's. Dance/techno music. All I remember about it was one part. An old woman, possibly italian, dragging a young man towards her to a bed. Whole mediterranean vibe off it.

Second one is an older video. Nobody can tell me this one. It's in German, a sort of ballad. The singer is at a piano with black & white fotage of boxers in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

song in the middle of ad for Cormac Battles' on 2fm, cant place it and its head wrecking. anyone know it, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Heard a song on the radio recently and would love the artist/title.

From what I heard it's a woman singing/almost talking the lyrics the whole way through to a fairly repetitive slow/medium beat in the background.
    That's not much to give I know but maybe it'll trigger something for somebody. I've no idea if it's new or old. Can't remember hearing it before though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

AstraOwner wrote: »
    Heard a song on the radio recently and would love the artist/title.

From what I heard it's a woman singing/almost talking the lyrics the whole way through to a fairly repetitive slow/medium beat in the background.
    That's not much to give I know but maybe it'll trigger something for somebody. I've no idea if it's new or old. Can't remember hearing it before though.

Prayer in C. Found it in the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Anyone know what the song off the AIB brave ad is? I think it might be from the kickass soundtrack...
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Gonna +1 this request.

Im kind of answering my own question here, but its a variation of a song on the Kick Ass Soundtrack by John Murphy. Not the exact song tho...

http://youtu.be/hGVQgEc28PE

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 527 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Trying to find the name of this song. Kinda sound like nu disco electronic. Lyrics are

We feel that it's calling, we make our way through space and time
    We're forever falling, looking for a reason alright
    Gazing at the stars, lazing in the plain clothes
    Wherever you are, whatever lazy show
    We could blow your mind,

That's all I could make out

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dani049

Anyone know the song on the Aldi Christmas ad? It's slow, female singer... Something about "making my way back to you"

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

dani049 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song on the Aldi Christmas ad? It's slow, female singer... Something about "making my way back to you"

It's Gemma Hayes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Does anybody know what song is playing in the background in the current advert for the new season of "Elementary" on Sky Living?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    Does anybody know what song is playing in the background in the current advert for the new season of "Elementary" on Sky Living?

It's Howlin' For You by The Black Keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

groovie wrote: »
    It's Gemma Hayes.

Its "Making my way back" by Gemma Hayes.
    A bit awkward doing the theme for Aldi's Christmas ad when you consider her hubby is Supervalu CEO.

Its "Making my way back" by Gemma Hayes.
    A bit awkward doing the theme for Aldi's Christmas ad when you consider her hubby is Supervalu CEO.

She's on the Spar Christmas ad too, or was the last two years anyway. Haven't seen it yet this year.

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Trying to find the name of this song. Kinda sound like nu disco electronic. Lyrics are

We feel that it's calling, we make our way through space and time
    We're forever falling, looking for a reason alright
    Gazing at the stars, lazing in the plain clothes
    Wherever you are, whatever lazy show
    We could blow your mind,

I

That's all I could make out

Is it a male or female singer? Is it recent or roughly how old?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 527 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Male singer, sounds new enough. Reminded me of late new order stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

aare wrote: »
    Trying to ID a female singer (possibly songwriter too) from the North who had album in early 90s one song was called "Ultimate love" and another was called "Triganon"

Have the album on cassette but lost it :( She was REALLY good and cannot have sunk without trace...any ideas?

You're hardly thinking about Juliet Turner are you??

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

An unusual one, can anyone identify the album/single that has this image for it's cover?

8slNNll.png

I was using one of those streaming sites that doesn't show the playlist tracklisting and only plays songs from it randomly so I couldn't make it play the specific song, but it does show this cover image in the playlist cover graphic... not great quality but it was very small...
    Ta

wolf99 wrote: »
    An unusual one, can anyone identify the album/single that has this image for it's cover?

8slNNll.png

I was using one of those streaming sites that doesn't show the playlist tracklisting and only plays songs from it randomly so I couldn't make it play the specific song, but it does show this cover image in the playlist cover graphic... not great quality but it was very small...
    Ta

Mykki Blanco is the artist, don't know which album, I think it's just a mix tape/EP type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Hi TICKLE_ME_ELMO,
    Thanks. Do you've anything I could reference to connect that? Only I cant find anything to lead me to what the track might have been.
    Ta!

EDIT: just found it's the cover from the Spring/Summer 2014 EP via: http://www.tinymixtapes.com/news/mykki-blanco-releases-new-ep-springsummer-2014-announces-world-tour
    ... Damn that was NOT worth the effort...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

dani049 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Does anyone know what song is being used for the new 3 ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

alleystar wrote: »
    Does anyone know what song is being used for the new 3 ad?

Wolf Larsen - If I Be Wrong. Nice track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4NdBfIyHh4

If any body can find me the first song in the video your a hero !
    In the credits of the video it says where the song came from but I could not find it on the internet. If anyone has any luck with it or more songs like it let me know !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Anyone know the song here from 00:20mins onwards?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eG8Kauwk44I

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Amprodude wrote: »
    Anyone know the song here from 00:20mins onwards?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eG8Kauwk44I

Soul damage by bumside?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not a whole lot to go on but the first 10 seconds of this remind me of another song. Anyone have any idea?

http://peterdoran.bandcamp.com/track/tug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Soul damage by bumside?

This is a joke right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Amprodude wrote: »
    This is a joke right?

No seriously,YouTube or google it

http://www.allmusic.com/album/soul-damage-mw0002262318/credits

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not a whole lot to go on but the first 10 seconds of this remind me of another song. Anyone have any idea?

http://peterdoran.bandcamp.com/track/tug

It straight away reminded me of that but I could be totally off...

Advertisement