Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Jessie ware is the one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

Hi folks, looking for a song that used to be used in boxing promos (possibly by Sky Sports in the 2000's and possibly used to hype a fight involving Lennox Lewis/Evander Holyfield/Tyson/Vitali Klitschko, or some other heavyweight bout).

It's an instrumental song (i.e there's no lyrics), and it possibly features the word 'war', either in the song name or the artist's name.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aoibheal

I've just heard the song Fade Out Lines and it reminds me so much of a recent song...my head is melting trying to figure it out. Can anyone help me out....

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

song lyrics sounds like she's singing "the showeroom" on the radio lately.
    Anyone know the song?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

moneymad wrote: »
    song lyrics sounds like she's singing "the showeroom" on the radio lately.
    Anyone know the song?

Oddly, you may be thinking of the song mentioned in the previous post. She definitely mentions something about the 'shallower it grows', but it sounds a bit like 'shower'....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

The current argos ad. Goes something like "so let it go..." sounds killers esque
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mick145

This song was just recently played on MID 103, it has no lyrics other than "ohh ohh ay ay ay, ooooh, ay Ay ay" and so on. It's a woman who sings it and it has a very dance/techno feel to it.
    Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mick145 wrote: »
    This song was just recently played on MID 103, it has no lyrics other than "ohh ohh ay ay ay, ooooh, ay Ay ay" and so on. It's a woman who sings it and it has a very dance/techno feel to it.
    Any ideas?

Would it be this?

http://youtu.be/ESXgJ9-H-2U

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the no other lyrics part.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

mick145 wrote: »
    Any ideas?

Shot in the dark for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Been trying to find what song this is for ages, any help would be great. It's the rock instrumental at the start of season 3 episode 4 of love/hate

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iqEC406y97I

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

IK09 wrote: »
    Been trying to find what song this is for ages, any help would be great. It's the rock instrumental at the start of season 3 episode 4 of love/hate

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iqEC406y97I

http://www.rte.ie/drama/tv/featured/lovehate/abouttheshow.html

???

BaZmO* wrote: »

Ya i checked that, for some reason the instrumental at the start of the episode isnt on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

IK09 wrote: »
    Ya i checked that, for some reason the instrumental at the start of the episode isnt on it.

"Original Music - Ray Harman"

Could be an original song?

That's great thanks. Found it there.
    It's Ray Harman alright. It's called "ordinary things"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Dr Nic wrote: »
    The current argos ad. Goes something like "so let it go..." sounds killers esque
    Thanks

Have not seen the ad but going by your description, perhaps this?

There's a 2-3 second piece just at the 2.01 mark where the girl is singing 'oooooh' that really reminds me of another song and for the past 2 days, it's been killing me to think of the name and I can't think of it!

Sounds 90ish but it might not be. anyone have any idea? It's a female singer iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

FitzShane wrote: »

There's a 2-3 second piece just at the 2.01 mark where the girl is singing 'oooooh' that really reminds me of another song and for the past 2 days, it's been killing me to think of the name and I can't think of it!

Sounds 90ish but it might not be. anyone have any idea? It's a female singer iirc.

Sounds very like The Cranberries - Dreams

"Oh, my life is changing everyday"

Sounds very like The Cranberries - Dreams

"Oh, my life is changing everyday"

That is exactly it! Thank you so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I heard a great song on radio 1 (rte) at about 7 in the evening on a week night recently. Could have been played during that arts programme.

As I was listening I thought wow Arcarde Fire are doing an amazing job of sounding like Talking Heads/Tom Tom Club in this.....but it wasn't Arcade Fire.....it was some band with a French name which I now can't remember.

I must know. Anyone?

• Advertisement

I heard a great song on radio 1 (rte) at about 7 in the evening on a week night recently. Could have been played during that arts programme.

As I was listening I thought wow Arcade Fire are doing an amazing job of sounding like Talking Heads/Tom Tom Club in this.....but it wasn't Arcade Fire.....it was some band with a French name which I now can't remember.

I must know. Anyone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

percy212 wrote: »

As I was listening I thought wow Arcade Fire are doing an amazing job of sounding like Talking Heads/Tom Tom Club in this.....but it wasn't Arcade Fire.....it was some band with a French name which I now can't remember.

I must know. Anyone?

Any lyrics?

Le Galaxie perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

percy212 wrote: »

As I was listening I thought wow Arcarde Fire are doing an amazing job of sounding like Talking Heads/Tom Tom Club in this.....but it wasn't Arcade Fire.....it was some band with a French name which I now can't remember.

I must know. Anyone?

'New Dorp New York' by SBTRKT featuring the lead singer of Vampire Weekend?

Axwell wrote: »
    Any lyrics?

Le Galaxie perhaps?

Yep!

'New Dorp New York' by SBTRKT featuring the lead singer of Vampire Weekend?

Nope but I am definitely checking that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I heard a song recently. It's an up tempo pop-ish song with an upbeat piano riff and I think there are horns in it. It sounds similar to Basement Jaxx - Do Your Thing. I think it's a fairly recent popular song too. Anybody any idea what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I heard a song recently. It's an up tempo pop-ish song with an upbeat piano riff and I think there are horns in it. It sounds similar to Basement Jaxx - Do Your Thing. I think it's a fairly recent popular song too. Anybody any idea what it is?

'Bills' by Lunchmoney Lewis?

http://youtu.be/_IrQHeDcMi8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

'Bills' by Lunchmoney Lewis?

http://youtu.be/_IrQHeDcMi8

Ahh you complete gentleman that's the one. Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Longshot here.

Could anybody help me ID a tune that was on the TV the other day, the video was a young man at a house party and throughout the video people kept giving him more and more drinks getting him more and more drunk.

It definitely wasn't Rock music, possibly dance/hip hop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭mulbot

Hey, just wondering if anyone could help me with a song that was on 2fm monday evening. It was a cover of taylor swifts"blank space"with some mix of another song,some acoustic guitar and possibly piano too,guy with a very distinctive voice and a female backing singer, think it was the Colm Hayes show but not sure,can't find any link to it. Thanks

Advertisement