Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

I need HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!

I heard a song today and tried to shazam it, but my crappy phone was too slow to open the app in time.

The lyrics contained something like "my blood is in your blood, your blood is in my blood". Or it could have been "my blood is in your heart, your blood is in my heart".

It's a kind of electro pop song, upbeat and it was a female singer.

I've tried googling the lyrics, but I'm getting Ellie Goulding and some band called Spoon, and it's neither of those.

Hopefully someone here has some kind of a clue what this song is!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Probably not it but maybe Blud by SOAK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

^ Probably not it but maybe Blud by SOAK?

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

Thanks a million. There's nothing worse than thinking that a cool song is slipping away from you.

On second listening, it's not electro-pop at all, but you still managed to find it. Thanks, big dog.

• Advertisement

jungleman wrote: »
    YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

Thanks a million. There's nothing worse than thinking that a cool song is slipping away from you.

On second listening, it's not electro-pop at all, but you still managed to find it. Thanks, big dog.

It's not the right words really either, but I still got it, pure blind luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daft Tommy

EDM song where a girl sings ''you'll find your way, you'll find your way yeah'' then is repeated by a deep voice? I think it's from an Irish group called KDM or something but not sure and can't find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Shot in the dark but the song for the credits of gaa 2015 on TG4 tonight. Hink the chorus was "make you feel love" and I guess the song sounded maybe a but like Changing by paloma Faith ft sigma or the original of you got the love, or even unfinished symphony. Not sure how youd describe that style.

Probably could Shazam it once the show is up on the player but maybe somebody knows?

Shot in the dark but the song for the credits of gaa 2015 on TG4 tonight. Hink the chorus was "make you feel love" and I guess the song sounded maybe a but like Changing by paloma Faith ft sigma or the original of you got the love, or even unfinished symphony. Not sure how youd describe that style.

Probably could Shazam it once the show is up on the player but maybe somebody knows?

As soon as I saw the lyric "Shot in the dark" in your sentence, I thought it would be David Guetta - She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)

Sigma ft. Ella Henderson - Glitterball

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Anyone know the song on the new Eir advert?

syklops wrote: »
    Anyone know the song on the new Eir advert?

Fionnghuala

• Registered Users Posts: 27 newb990

Does anyone know what the song is from 0:20 to 0:37 seconds in this video??

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAOUWYy5adY

Sounds like one of those electronic type artists like MØ or someone like that. I feel like I've heard it before and its driving me nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

newb990 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the song is from 0:20 to 0:37 seconds in this video??

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAOUWYy5adY

Sounds like one of those electronic type artists like MØ or someone like that. I feel like I've heard it before and its driving me nuts!

Naughty Boy - La La La.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 newb990

Naughty Boy - La La La.

Ah thank you, that was quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Anybody know of an 70's - 90's song something along the lines like "everything's changing!!!" or "everything changes!!!". BTW it is NOT David Bowie - Changes.

Bruce Hornby - The Way It Is (hit in 80s) which was sampled on Tupac on Changes in the 90s or Once Upon a Time there was an Ocean by Paul Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SecondScience

Hi. Does anyone know the music to the new sky sport premier league ad. It’s a house track with a trumpet/trombone. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi. Does anyone know the music to the new sky sport premier league ad. It’s a house track with a trumpet/trombone. Thanks

Is it promoting a particular game? What players are in the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SecondScience

Is it promoting a particular game? What players are in the video?

It's just general football footage of all teams. Lots of players shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Anyone catch the song in the post-match highlights reel of the Ireland-Poland game on Sky Sports yesterday?

• Advertisement

Bruce Hornby - The Way It Is (hit in 80s) which was sampled on Tupac on Changes in the 90s or Once Upon a Time there was an Ocean by Paul Simon

No it's not that either but great song anyways! Thank you for showing it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

Help me find the song
    Heard a song on today fm this evening and spent hours trying to find it but cant !

I think the dj said it was called mary kings last or list or something

Its a remixed relaxed dance tune with a old woman talking about meeting her husband

There is a line in it that says her father introduced her to a man with a big farm of land but she went on to meet her future husband in killinaule ??? And fell in love

Sorry if details are sketcht but working off memory

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

roosky wrote: »
    Help me find the song
    Heard a song on today fm this evening and spent hours trying to find it but cant !

I think the dj said it was called mary kings last or list or something

Its a remixed relaxed dance tune with a old woman talking about meeting her husband

There is a line in it that says her father introduced her to a man with a big farm of land but she went on to meet her future husband in killinaule ??? And fell in love

Sorry if details are sketcht but working off memory

Thanks

Is this it? Daithi's 90 year old grandmother speaking about love, back in the day!

https://soundcloud.com/daithimusic/mary-keanes-introduction/s-4TwW2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Desperate to find out the name of a song

I believe it is a relatively recent release...last couple of years. It's absolutely deadly.Tagged it on Shazam but never downloaded it.

Song title is

The Blank Song.

Can't recall the second word!Please help,it's a slightly alternative tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

FitzShane wrote: »
    Is this it? Daithi's 90 year old grandmother speaking about love, back in the day!

https://soundcloud.com/daithimusic/mary-keanes-introduction/s-4TwW2

Yes its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

seligehgit wrote: »
    Desperate to find out the name of a song

I believe it is a relatively recent release...last couple of years. It's absolutely deadly.Tagged it on Shazam but never downloaded it.

Song title is

The Blank Song.

Can't recall the second word!Please help,it's a slightly alternative tune.

What band/song does it sound similar to, as a rough guideline? Dunno why but The Shins - Simple Song popped into my head. Probably not it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What band/song does it sound similar to, as a rough guideline? Dunno why but The Shins - Simple Song popped into my head. Probably not it though?

No that's not it,if I recall there's not a lot of lyrics,can't be of much help besides as I've only heard it a couple of times.It was played one Saturday morning recently either on the Alison Curtis show or 2 FM.Tried to find it on playback to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 raxor

Hey, this has been wreckin my head for ages, so I appreciate any help! I've recorded it briefly on my phone and I think it's someone like Beethoven, and I'd love to get the name of it. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrfrteh6sg4umjj/2015.10.23-20.54.10-pm.aac?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

Just wondering if anyone would know the music used in the Fiorsceail ad on TG4. Shazam takes an age to open on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

RopeDrink wrote: »
    So, wandering around a full house when something popped on the radio. Sounded mid/late 80's to early 90's, only lyric I actually heard was "Stormy Weather" (assume as part of a chorus as it was repeated about 3 times through the whole song). No, it's not Crowded House, though the song does have that kind of upbeat vibe and a male vocalist.

It's one of those situations where you've heard it before but nobody recalled the name (of song or artist) and so it has become one of those 'Argh, must figure it out or it'll drive me mad' moments.

Long shot, but this came to my mind:

Advertisement