Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I've a vague description of a song I heard on the radio.

It's a pretty fast tempo classic rock song. There was maybe a minutes intro, then there was a drum solo that led in to the bassline, a very well known one!

The name may have been "Get Up" or "Step Up", anyone have any ideas?

Is it Get Up by REM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

A joint failure of (a) me not opening Soundhound quickly enough and (b) being slow witted to not remember lyrics.

The only thing I remember is "freckles on her face" and it sounded remarkably like Passenger/Mike Rosenberg. In any event, it was lovely. Google has failed me, so any help muchly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DeeBE

A joint failure of (a) me not opening Soundhound quickly enough and (b) being slow witted to not remember lyrics.

The only thing I remember is "freckles on her face" and it sounded remarkably like Passenger/Mike Rosenberg. In any event, it was lovely. Google has failed me, so any help muchly appreciated.

Did you listen to The Cab - Her love is my religion ? Lyrics include ''Cos I see the stars in the freckles on her face''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

DeeBE wrote: »
    Did you listen to The Cab - Her love is my religion ? Lyrics include ''Cos I see the stars in the freckles on her face''

Thanks for the suggestion, DeeBE, but that's not it unfortunately. I'll have to lurk unobtrusively in my local shop, hoping it's on some sort of repeating playlist.

Somewhat related, I was in Caffrey's in Batterstown sometime in mid January this year and they were still playing their Christmas playlist. Jokingly questioning one of the bar-staff, it transpired that their music was "piped-in" over the interwebs and they had no control over it. Despite several phonecalls, she said, they were stuck with Christmas 2015.

For all I know, the boys of the NYPD choir are still singing 'Galway Bay' in August in the Royal Country. Not that that's a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Hi guys
    I am driven demented trying to find out what the music is for the Virgin media advert where theres a house party - i can find the English version with Chakka Khan but cant find any info about the ad over there

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Redpunto wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I am driven demented trying to find out what the music is for the Virgin media advert where theres a house party - i can find the English version with Chakka Khan but cant find any info about the ad over there

cheers

This?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachelmcg

Im a bit late in the day for this, but I'm watching the Love/Hate boxset, and looking for a song from Season 5 Episode 1.

Its where theyre all in the club, Siobhan is dancing and the new guy Pauly is watching her. She goes to the bar and asks for a pint of water.

Its a dance/trance tune. Ive shazamed 3 times and it either wont find it or gives me different results which arent the song.

Ive googled the rte playlist and its totally different from whats on the boxset. Ive tried everything!

^ I'm sure that one was asked at the time it aired, if you search the thread for Love Hate it might pop up.

^ I'm sure that one was asked at the time it aired, if you search the thread for Love Hate it might pop up.

Thanks for the tip but I can't find any mention of it in this thread or the whole forum.. the search continues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thats it - THANKS A MILLION :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Daft Tommy

rachelmcg wrote: »
    Im a bit late in the day for this, but I'm watching the Love/Hate boxset, and looking for a song from Season 5 Episode 1.

Its where theyre all in the club, Siobhan is dancing and the new guy Pauly is watching her. She goes to the bar and asks for a pint of water.

Its a dance/trance tune. Ive shazamed 3 times and it either wont find it or gives me different results which arent the song.

Ive googled the rte playlist and its totally different from whats on the boxset. Ive tried everything!

Only ever watched one episode of love hate but I remember hearing this song in a club scene might be it lol
    GotSome - Bassline

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Devrozex

Does anyone know what the song is in the Liberty Insurance ad?

Sounds like it might be by Grimes but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

It's a long shot but...

It's an 80s tune by someone like The Cure or Depeche Mode and he says something like Alone Again or In Love Again and there's a very catchy synth sound like "do do de de di de do do, do di di diiii do".

I know it's vague but everyone knows this song...

Edit: I found it but am interested to see if anyone can decipher that description anyway 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The Cure, Love song? :)

Love Cats by The Cure?

Daft Tommy wrote: »
    Only ever watched one episode of love hate but I remember hearing this song in a club scene might be it lol
    GotSome - Bassline

Ill check that out thanks :D

Ended up that the song I was looking for was played in a other episode and I got three words from it which was enough for a lyrics search. I danced around the room and all lol.

Song I was looking for is Tom Quick & Sue Verran - One Last Play.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    It's a long shot but...

It's an 80s tune by someone like The Cure or Depeche Mode and he says something like Alone Again or In Love Again and there's a very catchy synth sound like "do do de de di de do do, do di di diiii do".

I know it's vague but everyone knows this song...

Edit: I found it but am interested to see if anyone can decipher that description anyway 😊
    cormie wrote: »
    The Cure, Love song? :)
    Love Cats by The Cure?

Wrong on both counts - its Enola Gay by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark :) Thanks for the replies though!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

A friend of a friend is looking for this tune and all I could find was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ5If-Mx_cY Now this is definitely the song he sent a tiny clip of.. but Shazam, Sound hound etc calls up nothing. He really wants this song. Help would be really appreciated, Thanks :)
    (I don't have full versions of either of these programs, Dunno if that could help in you guys finding what tune it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think it's probably just a mix of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Hmm not sure about that cormie it's a bit off. I've listened to a good few remixes of that now incl trap / dub and they still sound much more like ludacris than the link I posted. Plus the guy I know heard this on the radio, so it's not a one-off track for the video either :/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

what's the music RTE are using for the ploughing live show??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Whats the name of this Vietnamese tune in the background of the 1st minute or so of this video? I'm sure its something about Dien bien Phu but thats it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Pa994

What's the background music on new liberty insurance advert??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nefna

Hi, does anyone know the music on the Centra advert please? It sounds like Mick Jagger singing but goes off into a kind of salsa where the singer is laughing.

nefna wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know the music on the Centra advert please? It sounds like Mick Jagger singing but goes off into a kind of salsa where the singer is laughing.

Just saw an ad for The Blacklist on Sky Atlantic and the background song was a really cool version of Come as You Are. Didn't shazam in time. Anyone any ideas? TIA x

Sorry meant to post that in its own thread but I'm on my phone so it went haywire ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 minihey

nefna wrote: »

Pete Rodriguez - I like it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aaargh WTF is that song with the lyrics "Everything (everyone?) has been done before, something something... wasting away..."?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »
    Aaargh WTF is that song with the lyrics "Everything (everyone?) has been done before, something something... wasting away..."?
    What is this song? Its famous, probably 80s or 90s, I want to say its the Smiths or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mia_clim

I think too that,is it Smith:-)

Advertisement