Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CSANGCsdfdn

There is a song that plays where I work and the lyrics go like such:

"White Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold ...... Solid Gold. I love it aaaahhh" and this repeats multiple times.

There is another part: "Tricked out.... solid gold" Which also repeats multiple times.

It's a male voice and a bit of a techno beat.

Endless lyric searches on google have gotten me nowhere, so I'm hoping some kind soul on here might know it.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

heard a song on the radio today and the chorus goes " no no no no no no no na no" its an indie/rock song any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

heard a song on the radio today and the chorus goes " no no no no no no no na no" its an indie/rock song any help would be greatly appreciated

Is it The Ribs of a Broken Umbrella by Bell X1 by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Is it The Ribs of a Broken Umbrella by Bell X1 by any chance?

no its not it, thanks anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Who sings the song for the trailer for the new drama "Striking Out"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have this song I know, but can't think of the name.

It''s a poppy-dance song from 2016 with a very catchy 'why ee ii....' at the start of the chorus.

It's the 3rd of 3 tracks in this video - https://www.facebook.com/185038271911881/videos/255515458197495/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

FitzShane wrote: »
    Have this song I know, but can't think of the name.

It''s a poppy-dance song from 2016 with a very catchy 'why ee ii....' at the start of the chorus.

It's the 3rd of 3 tracks in this video - https://www.facebook.com/185038271911881/videos/255515458197495/

September by Earth, Wind and Fire is the original tune, must have been remixed recently if it was popular last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Noveight wrote: »
    September by Earth, Wind and Fire is the original tune, must have been remixed recently if it was popular last year :)

thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

After 2 years, I heard a song I've been wanting to find out the name of on the radio today. It's an 80s/90s song, I know that as a fact. And it has like a Flashdance.... What A Feeling style of pop. I remember the male singer in it shouting like "changes!!!" or "changing!!!". I don't know exactly but something along those lines. I have tried millions of songs with them in the title including David Bowie's Changes. Unfortunately, no luck. This song has been daunting me for many years 'cause I don't know the title of it yet I love it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks- hoping you can help with this one. There's a song currently playing on radio stations. It's a duet between a man and a woman. What's unique about it is that not a lot musically happens, for the duration of the song there's just a piano playing and the tune doesn't vary too much. Any ideas?

My apologies but it's always on when I'm driving so can't shazam and the presenters never announce who it is.

Found it, it's actually an old Rhianna song from a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

What was the theme tune of the Second Captains Live TV series that was broadcast on RTÉ 2 in 2015?

It starts 28 seconds into the following recording on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Y8QCZEEXc

Part of it goes: "Don't waste my time to find some voodoo..."

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I saw an advert for Endeavour on be3 today and the music in the background has been driving me insane! It sounds like violins and the kind of music you'd hear in a dramatic scene. I recognise it from somewhere! Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I saw an advert for Endeavour on be3 today and the music in the background has been driving me insane! It sounds like violins and the kind of music you'd hear in a dramatic scene. I recognise it from somewhere! Please help

I realised I could rewind and use Shazam for this. The song was called "On the nature of daylight" and I heard it on the movie Arrival recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

Heard one this morning on Today FM. It sounds post 90's, female vocalist, funky and a bit stompy, lots of what sounds like trumpet...a bit like Da da da-da da...da-da-da-da (OK I realise that's probably no help at all). I heard it back-announced and then promptly forgot the names again. Any help appreciated. I can't remember any lyrics from it, it was the sound that hooked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

storker wrote: »
    Heard one this morning on Today FM. It sounds post 90's, female vocalist, funky and a bit stompy, lots of what sounds like trumpet...a bit like Da da da-da da...da-da-da-da (OK I realise that's probably no help at all). I heard it back-announced and then promptly forgot the names again. Any help appreciated. I can't remember any lyrics from it, it was the sound that hooked me.

If you know what time you heard it at, you could listen back here: https://www.todayfm.com/Shows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    If you know what time you heard it at, you could listen back here: https://www.todayfm.com/Shows

Brilliant, thanks. Here it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Back in the 90's No Disco played a Neil Hannon track repeatedly.Think the video far as I remember was set on a beach? And featured Neil himself looking moody.
    Any ideas what it might be.Obviously this track would be from his first couple albums before he made it huge.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No,think it was somewhat earlier and without seeing the orginal footage (B&W) I wont know it by song alone ..found this one on my search which is closer but not it ..

Was not into him at all at the time,sticks out in the memory cos he looked like such not ur typical indie or alternative artist of that time,least none I was into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Crossposting my own post from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057724043
    Amalgam wrote: »
    Can someone help with identifying the 'music' in an ad for mental health issues, it shows a woman floating, returning to the ground slowly.. in an everyday kitchen. The ad currently (March/April 2017) runs on RTE 1.

The audio is just a bar or two of poignant piano. I'm convinced it is from a Film, an odd one at that, 'Let The Right One In' (original version)

Anyone care to put me on the right track, it is driving me to distraction!

I know, I know it..

---

Apologies for the single thread, I can't seem to find a, 'help with ad/music' specific thread. Might be an idea to have a dedicated, what's that audio thread..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this one is wrecking my head

wasn't there a song in the 80s about the CIA#''..."if i was the CIA i wouldn't anyone get in my way" or something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

fryup wrote: »
    this one is wrecking my head

wasn't there a song in the 80s about the CIA#''..."if i was the CIA i wouldn't anyone get in my way" or something along those lines
    Band-light a big fire.....song-C.I.A ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone know if this piece of music was sampled in a dance tune in the last 15/20 years? It sounds really similar.

The part I'm referring to starts around the 1min mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know if this piece of music was sampled in a dance tune in the last 15/20 years? It sounds really similar.

The part I'm referring to starts around the 1min mark.

Thats from the movie merry christmas mr lawerence,maybe thats where you heard it?

Thats from the movie merry christmas mr lawerence,maybe thats where you heard it?

Thanks for reply. I don't recall seeing that movie, but it is deffiniately a song I heard this piece in, I'm pretty sure a dance tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cormie wrote: »

Thats the one, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

What's the piano music from the new FBD ad. I think it's ludovico einaudi, but not sure which one!

Whats the song/artist used in the trailer for ordinary lies on RTE2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

OmegaRed wrote: »
    What's the piano music from the new FBD ad. I think it's ludovico einaudi, b6ut not sure which one!

Have you a link for the ad or even a description of it

Advertisement