Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fat

OK, haven't been able to find this anywhere. I'm pretty sure it's on a Supervalu insurance ad on the radio. Sounds a bit indie, bit pop.

Chorus (I think) lyrics are something like this:

"Change change change,

I wouldn't have it any other way"

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

fat wrote: »
    OK, haven't been able to find this anywhere. I'm pretty sure it's on a Supervalu insurance ad on the radio. Sounds a bit indie, bit pop.

Chorus (I think) lyrics are something like this:

"Change change change,

I wouldn't have it any other way"

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fat

HERO!!! Has been bugging me for months... Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone able to help me. I keep catching a song on the radio but only the last minute of it and the DJ never says what song it was at the finish.

I only have two partially heard lyrics from I presume the ending chorus

Male vocalist. He kinda hums/chants a few bars and then says the line "waiting for the sky to fall" and then he hums again and says another line "waiting for the night/guy to come/call home"

Song is at least a couple of years old as I've been missing it for quite a while.

Those lyrics above are likely not correct as I've done quite a bit of reverse googling. Also, they are chanted just as the song itself is fading out so there's minimal music around the lyrics to be able to give ye more clues.

Possible red herring :: singer sounds scouse/Mancunian based on my misheard lyrics

Good luck ;)

On first instinct I thought To the Moon and Back by Savage Garden but I could be well off the mark!

What kind of tempo is it? Genre? Which radio station was it on? Any more specifics would help greatly. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

On first instinct I thought To the Moon and Back by Savage Garden but I could be well off the mark!

What kind of tempo is it? Genre? Which radio station was it on? Any more specifics would help greatly. Tks

Nice thought, but no.

Tempo wise its quite slow, much slower than that. Think, John Lennon, #9 dream as a tempo and the bridge part, where he'd sing the "feel" part, but more down tempo - that kind of a vibe to it.

Genre has to be like an indie folk very slow rock type vibe. Like I cant be sure because I only ever catch the end of it. The song itself could actually be completely different to the ending, but i have no way of being sure because ive never heard the beginning.

Each time i've heard it has been on 2fm.

Theres no drums on the outro and very little audible music. Its almost like an accapella ending to the song.

I have very little else in the way of information that I can think of

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Song on 2XM a few minutes ago. Between Haim's "Want You Back" and a rap song. Was a male singer, probably a band, releated lyrics were "we go round like Jupiter's moons" .

I Googled it and it gave me an Echosmith song but it's not the right one. I'm looking at the 2XM playlist online but it's not listing any of the songs that were on in the last half hour.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a Kayak ad on at the minute with a girl going to Thailand, anyone know what the "Desperate to run" song is in it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a Kayak ad on at the minute with a girl going to Thailand, anyone know what the "Desperate to run" song is in it?

I don't know what it is but it sounds very like Pink's last song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can put me out of my misery! I'm not being lazy, I have spent a lot of last night and a few hours this morning trying to track down this song... I have went through numerous UK top 40s going back to mark on soundcloud, done the shazam top 100s, googled best songs of 2018 and have drawn a blank.

Here is all the info I have...

At work in the ware house they have on Nova, so that's where I was hearing it, and it was on at least once a day, if not more. It's very up beat and melodic, and I think it is a good song. So much so that I just assumed it was a number one, or top ten type song, thus me going through the charts.

As for the song itself, I can't even remember a single lyric :( but the only way I can describe it is it seems to be two people, a young man and woman "talking/having a conversation" with each other? But singing, if that makes sense? Maybe it was a hit last year?

That's not much to go on, but it had to be a hit at sometime?

I think "she" is the first person singing and then he kicks in with his reply, as such. And there is a bang on "Londoners" of their accents.

Apologies for the lack of info, but here hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can put me out of my misery! I'm not being lazy, I have spent a lot of last night and a few hours this morning trying to track down this song... I have went through numerous UK top 40s going back to mark on soundcloud, done the shazam top 100s, googled best songs of 2018 and have drawn a blank.

At work in the ware house they have on Nova, so that's where I was hearing it, and it was on at least once a day, if not more. It's very up beat and melodic, and I think it is a good song. So much so that I just assumed it was a number one, or top ten type song, thus me going through the charts.

As for the song itself, I can't even remember a single lyric :( but the only way I can describe it is it seems to be two people, a young man and woman "talking/having a conversation" with each other? But singing, if that makes sense? Maybe it was a hit last year?

I think "she" is the first person singing and then he kicks in with his reply, as such. And there is a bang on "Londoners" of their accents.

Do you know what day and roughly what time you heard it?

https://www.nova.ie/listen-back-favourite-shows

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ Merrick Witty Topic

Hello,

One conversational possibility?:

Rudimental - These Days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I found it, and I was way off the mark, sorry!

Feels!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Wish the SEC would provide the names to the tracks they play in listening exams, I love many of the songs/music they play and download them for myself when I go home. Here's two in particular off the top of my head that I could not find the names to. I'd appreciate the help thanks.

2012 Q6 excerpt 1a and excerpt 2.

https://leavingcertmusic.weebly.com/q6-unprepared-listening-excerpts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Wish the SEC would provide the names to the tracks they play in listening exams, I love many of the songs/music they play and download them for myself when I go home. Here's two in particular off the top of my head that I could not find the names to. I'd appreciate the help thanks.

2012 Q6 excerpt 1a and excerpt 2.

https://leavingcertmusic.weebly.com/q6-unprepared-listening-excerpts.html

1a is ‘Greensleeves’, 2 is ‘The Toredors Song’ from Bizet’s ‘Carmen’.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Help...hearing this song on a few promos and intros etc lately...like the sound of it so wouldn't mind knowing who's responsible for it

https://youtu.be/oldHxwcuiIw

Edit...sorted...it's Gosh by Jamie xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Anyone know the music in this. Sounds a bit like Einaudi but can’t find it on Spotify.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds a bit like Dirk Maassen, but I wouldn't know which piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Anyone know what the name of this song is? It somehow sounds familiar, like it might be a classical piece of music. And don't ask how in jesus' name I ended up playing chinese chess on the NES, I'm probably a bit dysfunctional I admit. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Anyone know what the name of this song is? It somehow sounds familiar, like it might be a classical piece of music. And don't ask how in jesus' name I ended up playing chinese chess on the NES, I'm probably a bit dysfunctional I admit. :pac:

Some of it sounds like the beginning of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

vektarman wrote: »
    Some of it sounds like the beginning of this.

oh yeah! Apparently that's from a Russian romance song "Dorogoi dlinnoyu", and a lot of China borders Russia or is quite close culturally. That may well be why I think it's familiar, good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Hi I hope someone can help me with this, as it's really annoying me and it's impossible to look up.

The song begins with silence and a very distinct, heavy sigh. This is then followed by a long intro (guitar) and a relatively conventional rock song (a bit downbeat and tense though).

I can't remember a single word of the lyrics. The opening chord is played on repeat in my head though. Nor can I remember the band name!

The sleeve art/ cover art (the picture that was used for the 'official' video on youtube) looked quite similar to this
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/e/e6/Fallout4_Render_SynthGen2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That image reminds of a Pink Floyd and also a Linkin Park album cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Charlie19 wrote: »
    That image reminds of a Pink Floyd and also a Linkin Park album cover.

Nope definitely not Pink Floyd. :D Much more recent band, and quite a fast beat, far faster than a lot of PF's songs.

Edit: Finally found it! Decyfer Down - Fading

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I was thinking "Guns N Roses - So Fine" before I read that you got it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Now 2012 Q5 excerpt 2 (which can be seen in the link below)

https://leavingcertmusic.weebly.com/trad-past-paper-listening-excerpts.html

Thank you very much in advance again.

Now 2012 Q5 excerpt 2 (which can be seen in the link below)

https://leavingcertmusic.weebly.com/trad-past-paper-listening-excerpts.html

Thank you very much in advance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sorry if it's a bit vague, but anyone remember the name of the song played in "Reeling in the years 1998" during the piece about the Omagh Bombings? That episode of reeling in the years is no longer available so I'm really out of options here! Can't remember it for the life of me.

*Just as I clicked post, I remembered it, it's called "Teardrop"*

I remember a bare-footed Juliet Turner singing "Broken Things" during the memorial service/funeral. Haunting, to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Sorry if it's a bit vague, but anyone remember the name of the song played in "Reeling in the years 1998" during the piece about the Omagh Bombings? That episode of reeling in the years is no longer available so I'm really out of options here! Can't remember it for the life of me.

*Just as I clicked post, I remembered it, it's called "Teardrop"*

Massive Attack - Teardrop?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7K72X4eo_s

Advertisement