Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song in this ad? Thanks! https://youtu.be/RNXIA-2q3HQ

Answering my own question but it's Ports and song called The Few And Far Between, if anyone is curious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Anybody know what the name of the song played from around 3:50 on in this link is?

Sounds a bit like The Cure or some 1980s/early 1990s indie band, but I can't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ Merrick Witty Topic

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Anybody know what the name of the song played from around 3:50 on in this link is?

Sounds a bit like The Cure or some 1980s/early 1990s indie band, but I can't place it.

The mighty Sisters of Mercy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ok, this one is going to be a stretch but here goes...I remember being in the cinema in 1997 and I recall one of the ads before the film started had some cool music. It sounded like Portishead but I'm not sure if it was. The lyrics I remember as this "ooh you're such a good boy, bringing in my teeth" and then these crashing guitars. Anyone know of the song?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

cormie wrote: »

No, I should mention it was a female vocalist and she sounded like Beth Gibbons but I can't find any song in their discog afaik. It was definitely a mid 90s song.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There was an ad around 10 years ago on TV / radio. I think it could have been a Centra / Vodafone type ad, or possibly just a generic Today FM one.

It was a pop-indie rock type song by what I think was an Irish band and as far as I know it is their only known song. I have a feeling it was something like The Vagabonds - Come On.

Can't find it in all my searches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

FitzShane wrote: »
    There was an ad around 10 years ago on TV / radio. I think it could have been a Centra / Vodafone type ad, or possibly just a generic Today FM one.

It was a pop-indie rock type song by what I think was an Irish band and as far as I know it is their only known song. I have a feeling it was something like The Vagabonds - Come On.

Can't find it in all my searches

Without much to go on, might I suggest Sunburst by Picturehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Anyone know the name of the song that's being played on the current RTE Sport GAA ad?

It starts off: "I want it all..." Can't catch any more of it.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

job seeker wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song that's being played on the current RTE Sport GAA ad?

Haven't seen the ad, but any chance it's this?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Haven't seen the ad, but any chance it's this?

No, unfortunately not! I kept getting Queen in my search as well. :( thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Same As

job seeker wrote: »

Same As wrote: »

Yes! That’s it! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭alexv

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Seadin

Lads there was a song on 2fm at about 5.30pm from jenny green. Great tune. Played at electric picnic few years ago. Anyone know what the song was?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

I'm trying to find the name of a song that's been playing on the radio literally all of the time, also it's on some tv ad although i can't remember which one.

It's like a disco/house kind of tune and has this brilliant trumpetty/brass sound during the chorus. I've literally gone through every song in the charts and can't find it.

The chorus goes a bit like:

DunDunDun
    Dun--Dun
    Duuuuuuuuuuuunnnn and repeats ( again it's got that trumpetty sound ) hope that helps��

I can't believe it wasn't in the Top 50 considering it's playing on the radio every 5 mins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seadin wrote: »
    Lads there was a song on 2fm at about 5.30pm from jenny green. Great tune. Played at electric picnic few years ago. Anyone know what the song was?

The replay of her show will be on the 2fm website tomorrow, just scroll to around 2hrs 30 mins in and you should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the name of a song that's been playing on the radio literally all of the time, also it's on some tv ad although i can't remember which one.

It's like a disco/house kind of tune and has this brilliant trumpetty/brass sound during the chorus. I've literally gone through every song in the charts and can't find it.

The chorus goes a bit like:

DunDunDun
    Dun--Dun
    Duuuuuuuuuuuunnnn and repeats ( again it's got that trumpetty sound ) hope that helps��

I can't believe it wasn't in the Top 50 considering it's playing on the radio every 5 mins.

I finally found it!

"Giant" by Calvin Harris and Rag'n Bone Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Seadin

Axwell wrote: »
    The replay of her show will be on the 2fm website tomorrow, just scroll to around 2hrs 30 mins in and you should find it.

Hypnotic state- Gemma sugrue and the rte orchestra the name of the song was. Cant find a version of that song anywhere.

Seadin wrote: »
    Hypnotic state- Gemma sugrue and the rte orchestra the name of the song was. Cant find a version of that song anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUcL2sQWzMc is the original

The song you heard is probably from the event they are talking about here so there is unlikely to be any version of that on the usual places - https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0905/814274-jenny-greene/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Heard a song on iradio last night about 1020pm.

Checked their website for playback, but seems to be no dj show at that time so can't listen back.

There was a song that seemed to have a chorus with the words 'on and on' repeated a fair bit.

Would describe the music as a mix between oasis and maybe a synth drumbeat backing.

Any ideas? Searched their playlist, the top40, YouTube etc and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I would love to think it's Wild Youth, Can't Move On, but the chance of you not having heard it before Friday are surely slim, as it was a massive hit last year.

But just in case, and because I love them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks Princess,but that's not it.
    Know that song for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The1974guy

I guess this is the section to ask this question: Does anybody know the name of the song used in the An Post ads (featuring Angela Scanlon). It's really catchy and I've searched again and again for a clue. Google etc can't seem to narrow it down

The1974guy wrote: »
    I guess this is the section to ask this question: Does anybody know the name of the song used in the An Post ads (featuring Angela Scanlon). It's really catchy and I've searched again and again for a clue. Google etc can't seem to narrow it down

Woman by Karen O and Danger Mouse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4yhzATxyz0

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The1974guy

Thanks a million!-sorry for the lateness of this, I couldn't seem to find my way around the site and hence it took so long to say thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

What's the song beginning at 0:21?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

A song I heard yesterday that I tried to identify with soundhound but it didn't work, maybe I wasn't close enough. And then at home I tried to google the lyrics and that didn't work either.

Goes something like "run better run, better run for cover" in the chorus, female vocalist. No guitars, keyboard based. Sounded a bit like Saint Etienne. Maybe theres a "deliver me" in there as well before the chorus bit.

Cracking me up the last few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Maybe a cover of 'Pumped up kicks' by foster the people?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jaykay74 wrote: »
    A song I heard yesterday that I tried to identify with soundhound but it didn't work, maybe I wasn't close enough. And then at home I tried to google the lyrics and that didn't work either.

Goes something like "run better run, better run for cover" in the chorus, female vocalist. No guitars, keyboard based. Sounded a bit like Saint Etienne. Maybe theres a "deliver me" in there as well before the chorus bit.

Cracking me up the last few days :)

Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine?

Advertisement