Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭jaykay74

FitzShane wrote: »
    Maybe a cover of 'Pumped up kicks' by foster the people?
    Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine?

Sadly neither, but thanks for trying. I'II continue to dig into it :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

April Ivy - Run For Cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Maybe Lisa Miskovsky-Run For Cover

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What's the song beginning at 0:21?

Most likely one of the songs from the soundtrack - check here https://www.musixmatch.com/album/Various-Artists/Who-s-Your-Caddy-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Maybe Lisa Miskovsky-Run For Cover
    Axwell wrote: »
    April Ivy - Run For Cover?
    Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine?
    FitzShane wrote: »
    Maybe a cover of 'Pumped up kicks' by foster the people?

I got there in the end but probably impossible to figure out. I'm based in Sweden and I think it is some obscure swedish track. Its on spotify and youtube but not many listens :) Run Devil Run by Eden Maze was the answer.

It was playing in the gym I go to earlier today and soundhound couldn't identify it but I captured 30 seconds of it and used some website that reads mp3s to identify tracks. That worked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Can someone tell me what the name of this trad song is please?

https://youtu.be/HPKUSlMkuBg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a song on the radio at the minute with the lyrics "I wanna know" or "I want to know" in the chorus, thats all I have sorry, anyone have a clue what it is? Its driving me mad, it was played twice on Spin1038 today at work but Im always doing something at the time...

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a song on the radio at the minute with the lyrics "I wanna know" or "I want to know" in the chorus, thats all I have sorry, anyone have a clue what it is? Its driving me mad, it was played twice on Spin1038 today at work but Im always doing something at the time...

Male..female?
    What genre of music?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Axwell wrote: »
    Male..female?
    What genre of music?
    Sorry it was male vocals, general Spin1038 popular music.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This is my method when Shazam and Soundhound don't pick up a song, I have whatsapp group I created with a friend, then removed the friend and now I've a group to just keep notes and stuff in, so just recorded this off Radio Na Life last night, time stamp on the file name too which is handy. If anyone can ID it, please let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've a song stuck in my head that's something like a cross between these two:

It almost sounds like a duel between two women singing. The vocals are more like the second song while the guitar sound is similar to the first one but a bit quicker. I think it might have been called something like "Melody in D" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I've a song stuck in my head that's something like a cross between these two:

It almost sounds like a duel between two women singing. The vocals are more like the second song while the guitar sound is similar to the first one but a bit quicker. I think it might have been called something like "Melody in D" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

That's it! Thanks a mil, it's been driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamesDoyle593

Anyone know the tune playing on the current ad on RTE for this weekends rugby games on TV - starts with the lyrics "whenever I go"

Not seen the ad as im in the US but is it One Republic - Wherever I go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Might anyone know the song of this AIB advert? It played back in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking for the name of the (I think) instrumental wild western song. It's a very fast guitar song, while growing in tempo. Has that 'ding taka ding taka ding' sound. Kind of like the sound similar to the deliverance dueling Banjos song. I have a feeling it's something like the rascals but YouTube is not returning any results.

Anyone know the song I am on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Trying to find what I thought was a Ben Howard song. Think there might be woman at times on vocals. Its 6 or 7 mins long I think and finishes with outro of a piano after gap between end of song and it. Could have sworn it was on I Forget Where We Were but no joy! Anyone know what I'm on about?! Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

cormie wrote: »

Meant to post earlier, found it since it was Burgh Island but cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Foxyboi

Becoming Irish, what's the music for the advert for it on RTE? Class!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Heard a remix of a song on Spin's Saturday night takeover last weekend when driving home from work.

Was a mash up of Meduza's lose control and Route 94 My Love which is a few years old. Been stuck in my head since and I've searched everywhere online, but haven't found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Hey, does anyone know the song/band that did this: it used to be played on Phantom FM in the year 2000/2001, they were an indie band and the song was quite distorted, there was a drum solo groove in the middle of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

2fms song of the week playlist has some sirens song on it. Irish band. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Looking for song that was played on Larry gogans golden hour about 10 years ago, and i've lost the name of it from my head.

Song is from early 80's, colabratation type song like "Perfect Day", each line sung by a different singer so not a band/group.

I dont believe it was for charity either.

Can someone suggest song's like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Looking for song that was played on Larry gogans golden hour about 10 years ago, and i've lost the name of it from my head.

Song is from early 80's, colabratation type song like "Perfect Day", each line sung by a different singer so not a band/group.

Was it this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Can you remember anything about it like if it was upbeat, slow, dancey, rocky etc.?

cormie wrote: »

Nothing on that list, thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

Not that either, thanks again.

Advertisement