Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

can you describe the ad?! like what happened in it?! please ......

**i still mightn't be able to help :)

I think the Guinness 'Mist' ad was the one where you're looking into the pint and then the darkness becomes the universe and there's all these planets.

Er....I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

spurious wrote:
    I think the Guinness 'Mist' ad was the one where you're looking into the pint and then the darkness becomes the universe and there's all these planets.

Er....I think...

Is this the one? ----> Guinness
    If it is, the song is "We Have All The Time In The World" by Louis Armstrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

ts on youtube !! i really want the name of it so i can get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IynIZQ_Ayaw

it starts at 4.55

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ts on youtube !! i really want the name of it so i can get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IynIZQ_Ayaw

it starts at 4.55

Cheers
    "Clubbed To Death" by Rod D as featured in the Matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Anyone know the name of that funky track doing the rounds at the moment...
    "if you were born in the eighties..the eighties.."

please and thank you.

look back a few pages, its been posted already

calvin harris - acceptable in the eighties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

The song title/group name im looking for at the moment, has the lyrics
    'Now we're going down to Constantinople'
    Male singer fairly upbeat
    kind of swing/jazz.

I googled the lyrics, and youtube search aswell, but can't find anything.
    thanks
    ned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Istanbul (Not Constantinople) and pretty sure you heard the They Might Be Giants version...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just heard a song on Today FM moments ago. It was a male singer, a kind of emotional song, not too upbeat - kind of rocky (along the lines of Jimmy Eat World for example) and the singer sounded a little bit like the guy out of the Thrills (it could even be the Thrills, I dont know!)

Some of the lyrics in one of the verses says 'a beating heart, a distant star/start' and the chorus had the words 'Drag You Down' in it. Really liked the sound of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

Wertz wrote:
    Istanbul (Not Constantinople) and pretty sure you heard the They Might Be Giants version...
    Thanks, right song, it was a different version that i heard, but im sure i'll find it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Hi,
    Does anyone know the name of the song featured in the latest magnum ice cream ad. Its the one where the women are worshiping the chocolate.

Thanks
    -JJ

foxy_19-89 wrote:
    anyone know what the name of the song that was used at the start of the MTV Movie Awards 2007

kind of guitar tune going on, long shot i know,il try find a link...

well, i cant find one, but if anyone can help it'd be great! thanks

google found me that one

kasabian - club foot

GOOOOOD song :D

foxy_19-89 wrote:
    can anyone ID the second song in this video, i know the first one, just dying to know the name of the second,that starts at 1 min 28 secs, cheers!

http://bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashViewType=Personal&FlashBoxId=3705861266&MemberId=20753290

got this one too!

dj jean - ibiza dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Myself and my housemate heard a Spanish song over the radio in a shop at the weekend, the girl behind the counter said it had been in the singles chart at some point this year. Can't remember much except it was Spanish, sounded more like Mexican/Hispanic than European Spanish, very rhythmic, very catchy.

My google-fu has completed defeated me, no matter how many quotation marks I use and I've looked back through the thread until my eyes started to cross over. If it reminds you of anything, please let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Possibly the vaugest post in this thread but anyway. Heard a song on the radio in a shop this morning and it's one thats been bugging me for a while now.

I think the chorus goes something like "My oh my something july" but I could be totally wrong. After the song they never said who sang it or the name, but said something about normally playing it in july but today was a good day to play it due to the weather.

Cheers.

bennyx_o wrote:
    Possibly the vaugest post in this thread but anyway. Heard a song on the radio in a shop this morning and it's one thats been bugging me for a while now.

I think the chorus goes something like "My oh my something july" but I could be totally wrong. After the song they never said who sang it or the name, but said something about normally playing it in july but today was a good day to play it due to the weather.

Cheers.

July, by Mundy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

ratri wrote:
    July, by Mundy?

Thats the one, thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Right I think the song i'm thinking of is a dance-ish song from a good few years ago. Can't remember all of it but I remember it started with "when i was young i seen" or something along those lines, in a typical high pitched dance vocals

Logical song by Scooter?

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

ahh no need for da shudder...lol..
    anyway..dis is really really vague but i think...it was played in the backround of 98fm news...was on today so for whatever part the women does...and i know the lyrics have the words "come around goes around" or something like that....its not Mr J.T song though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

ratri wrote:
    Myself and my housemate heard a Spanish song over the radio in a shop at the weekend, the girl behind the counter said it had been in the singles chart at some point this year. Can't remember much except it was Spanish, sounded more like Mexican/Hispanic than European Spanish, very rhythmic, very catchy.

My google-fu has completed defeated me, no matter how many quotation marks I use and I've looked back through the thread until my eyes started to cross over. If it reminds you of anything, please let me know :)

May be Juanes - La Camisa Negra ??!

sry its accutaly for the traffic news

May be Juanes - La Camisa Negra ??!

Yes! That's it! Thanks :D

Soby wrote:
    ahh no need for da shudder...lol..
    anyway..dis is really really vague but i think...it was played in the backround of 98fm news...was on today so for whatever part the women does...and i know the lyrics have the words "come around goes around" or something like that....its not Mr J.T song though.....

Massive leap here and I've not heard the 98fm link you're on about but it could be To Get Down by Timo Maas.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

The Miller ad with the guy on the skateboard.....something in it about "shuffle"....it's excellent....anybody know what it is?

JB

Wertz wrote:
    Massive leap here and I've not heard the 98fm link you're on about but it could be To Get Down by Timo Maas.

Yup brillant mate ye ledge thats the one...i knew i heard it somewhere else to..was in the italian job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gemmic

tbh wrote:
    This is going to be incredibly vague - just before Christmas I was in Frankfurt and saw a music video, but didn't get the name of the band or the song. So, it's a German band, female singer, one guy (possibly the drummer) has long black hair and a beard, the video was in the style of a 1920's dance club. Please. Please help me. :)

I think the band might be 'Wir sind Helden' , they are brill,, just going on that brief description..that dude with the black hair and beard rang a bell..
    I could wrong..but nevertheless a great band to be discovered!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

name the song and band please.

all i know is that the band are irish and the song's chorus goes like this.

"there's a great big hole..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Anyone know the name of the song in the Coors Light ad?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Xylophonic wrote:
    Anyone know the name of the song in the Coors Light ad?

Thanks

Hey,
    As far as I know it's 'Saso' , 'Type A Jitters' ... was looking for it meself but can't find it anywhere.

Advertisement