Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Still private, you can set it to unlisted too and as long as you provide the link it'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

cormie wrote: »
    Still private, you can set it to unlisted too and as long as you provide the link it'll be ok.

Thanks, think it's right now. I'd forgotten to click save

https://youtube.com/shorts/ywQPndqX-q8?feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thanks, think it's right now. I'd forgotten to click save

https://youtube.com/shorts/ywQPndqX-q8?feature=share[url][/url]

Not much to go on! Kinda reminds me of that Goo Goo Dolls one.

Edit: Iris.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No luck on Shazam or Soundhound, they can usually pick up songs from just a few seconds so it may just be some sample music chords :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What tv show was it on, sometimes you can look up tracks used on an episode if its a US tv show.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    What tv show was it on, sometimes you can look up tracks used on an episode if its a US tv show.

It's Four Weddings UK. Tried googling for episode info but no joy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Gonna chance it, no hope in finding it with little info I have on it but gonna at least try

Song was a duet, had a male and female singing it, in it the male would stop singing and the female would start with something like "and I neeeed you, your all so true"

Heared it on radio many years ago, think maybe early 2000's

Sorry have nothing else to go by, can't find it and lost cause me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Just heard a song on the radio. It was kind of electro-pop with a woman singing, almost like a Lady Gaga song. The lyrics kept repeating “eye of the storm”. Anyone have a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

babynice wrote: »
    Just heard a song on the radio. It was kind of electro-pop with a woman singing, almost like a Lady Gaga song. The lyrics kept repeating “eye of the storm”. Anyone have a clue?

Lady Gaga John Wayne?

Although she doesn't keep repeating "eye of the storm". 1:54 on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Waternotsoda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

There’s a song that was on a friends CD that was played at every session back around 2000-04 ish. No one can find the CD and no one can find the song :pac:

We were convinced it was Fat Boy Slim, but now are convinced it wasn’t. We only knew the song as ‘the elevator tune’.

It practically was elevator music, but then introduced saw blades through wood, filing noises, machinery and if memory serves me right was an absolute banger.

Would love to hear it again. It was probably hot garbage but ay

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

I heard a trance song on spektrum or trax and it had a lyric of "insomnia" "feeling sleepy" i think. I know Its not faithless but it was a great track anyone got any idea as to artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Danonino. wrote: »
    There’s a song that was on a friends CD that was played at every session back around 2000-04 ish. No one can find the CD and no one can find the song :pac:

We were convinced it was Fat Boy Slim, but now are convinced it wasn’t. We only knew the song as ‘the elevator tune’.

It practically was elevator music, but then introduced saw blades through wood, filing noises, machinery and if memory serves me right was an absolute banger.

Was it on a compilation CD and if so, can you remember any other track that was on it?

Anyone know what this is, I'm sure it's well known but I just can't place it. Tried Shazam but no joy. It was just background music on a TV show. Thanks. QUOTE]

https://youtube.com/shorts/ywQPndqX-q8?feature=share

Found it :):):), Ed Sheeran "Give me Love".
    Thanks to all who replied

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lookslikemike

Danonino. wrote: »

The description straight away reminded me of "Timber" by Coldcut with Hexstatic, fingers crossed... can't embed the link for some reason but it's on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

13 years late with the thank you. I missed the reply somehow and continued to be haunted and hum the song occasionally without any identifiable words so impossible to figure out. I've probably been humming this once in a while for 20 years or more. Very happy to solve the mystery. I remembered this post and said I might as well check if any replies (had to use google to find the post). Thanks again, seems like my memories were accurate enough with the description :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mr_Meeseeks_box2021

I think the ad was by an post, search up "A message to you rudy" by the specials and see if that's the one

Hi there, Ya'll know Them Irish national lottery ads, well what song plays In the one where the guy talks emotionally about winning the lottery and then there is a lot of water slides attached to his house, what is the name of the song that plays after the guy says "yeah well, it WAS 7 million"

Hi, me again, Ya'll know the ad of national lottery where the guy sits on a park bench and wins His Scratch card and says "YES!" And then the camouflaged green guy steps out and starts dancing, what is the music that plays when he starts dancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Can everyone please tell me the name of the song on the current Kin ad on rte1?

it goes something like “I’ll be there..” that’s all I can get..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I came to this thread hoping for an answer to this too, but no luck! But I think I have found it now: In the Heat of the Night by Soda Blonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

That’s exactly it! Thank you so much!! 😊 it’s a great track!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭passatman86

2000's song , english group not sure if its house or what genre.. Anyway

In the video its them re- enacting a 90's rave party. They start off in a house then the pub i think and then they drive to the rave in old 90's cars. They have the illegal rave then come out at the end and its daytime..

Edit - found it

Post edited by passatman86 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Song from the late 60s thought it might be Manfred Mann but no...loads of snatches

"In your eyes, I can see, a kind of need to be free, but you'll be finding out that freedom's just an illusion"

"The Piece of heaven we tasted"

Refrain:

"I've got to find you, to find you, to find you,

I'll run away behind you

(missing line)

My little run away

Remember what I told you

Look around an I'll be gone"

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey folks,

Hoping for some help with this. It's a pop/dance song from around 15 years ago. I think they were a female duo called seesaw or something similar to that. The song was the two women naming cities and countries that they wanted to party in. That's all I can remember really. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 beamoflight

What the song with the lyrics "snap snap just like that easy as 1 2 3 just watch and see I can do it just like that".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Doesn't match up exactly, but your post gave me flashbacks to working in Greece in 2006, with Infernal - Paris to Berlin being on constant rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Could be Se:Sa - "Like This, Like That".

"It really don't matter where you come from, Japan or Russia or even Belgium..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Looking for the name of the band that done a rock cover of the Christmas song, Carol of The Bells a few years ago (6-10 years ago?)

In my head it's an Irish band but can't find it anywhere.

Advertisement