Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

Cremo wrote:
    name the song and band please.

all i know is that the band are irish and the song's chorus goes like this.

"there's a great big hole..."

The Immediate - Stop and Remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

hey does anyone know the name of that song from the first episode of Talk to Me on UTV last sunday, the one during the sex scene? I thought the lyrics were 'your sweet face i can't wait till you come home' but google is yielding no results

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

ah nevermind found it its called 'Kettle's On' by The Feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Egon

Anyone able to ID the song that's on the video (from this website http://priampierret.free.fr/show/ - it's called Diabolord Priam) called??
    I think it's groove armada for some reason but can't find the song on any of their cd's i have, it's driving me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 benobi

Xylophonic wrote:
    Anyone know the name of the song in the Coors Light ad?

Thanks
    Yep it's Type A Jitters by Saso, you can see on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5yA0kctI_8 or the bands Myspace page
    www.myspace.com/sasoband

Pretty cool ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 benobi

Hey,
    As far as I know it's 'Saso' , 'Type A Jitters' ... was looking for it meself but can't find it anywhere.
    ad can be found here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5yA0kctI_8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just heard a song on Today FM moments ago. It was a male singer, a kind of emotional song, not too upbeat - kind of rocky (along the lines of Jimmy Eat World for example) and the singer sounded a little bit like the guy out of the Thrills (it could even be the Thrills, I dont know!)

Some of the lyrics in one of the verses says 'a beating heart, a distant star/start' and the chorus had the words 'Drag You Down' in it. Really liked the sound of it...

Really desperate to find this song, please help!! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Hey y'all,

I heard that cool song the other day, I think it was on Day Shift. Bearded guy in jeans and tshirt, call Herman something.

The words I can remember : "There is nothing that I can do and nothing that I can say" (approx)

I googled it, can't find it. Anybody here knows what it is?

Cheers.

---
    btw. That little dance that Michelle doherty does at the beginning, with the tattoos and all... ooooh, mama! ....Will you marry me? :p:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Garnier ad on the telly at the mo, for sun screen or something, thinks it's called summer spray.

Has a very slow guitar riff and a woman singing, almost breathy.

Any ideas??

Oink wrote:
    Hey y'all,

I heard that cool song the other day, I think it was on Day Shift. Bearded guy in jeans and tshirt, call Herman something.

Herman Dune!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

At this stage does anyone remember the original Grand Theft Auto game on the first Playstation? There was a great instrumental piece there with some percussion, a group humming and there was something like waves crashing in the background.
    About a year and a half ago it was featured in a Tipperary water advert on RTE. It's a very mellow piece of music. I've been trying to find the name of it for years.

I've linked to the file below. My apologies I couldn't get it to play directly, you'll need to download it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2gszbej0mlg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

switched chanels the other day to TG4 and there was an awesome music video on.
    I would love to buy the cd but I have no idea who the singer is.

It was a guy singing, 40ish, surfer lookin, shark tooth type earing.
    He was, I presume, singing in Gaelic (I don't understand a word).
    The music I would describe as up tempo, easy listening, rap(ish).
    The video was basically just him singing and dancing (in an empty studio), also alot of out of focus shots of a kid and other things, and also an old man (looked like a "hobo") dancing to the music.

If anyone could help me identify the artists I would appreciate it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Hi does anyone know the song used by RTE 2 for advertising their dramas.
    It was played during Sopranos on Thursday night, but I haven't seen it since. Its a man singing, sorry its pretty vague

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

redved wrote:
    Hi does anyone know the song used by RTE 2 for advertising their dramas.
    It was played during Sopranos on Thursday night, but I haven't seen it since. Its a man singing, sorry its pretty vague
    Is it the ad advertising "The Best in US Dramas" with lyrics from the song displayed on screen at regular intervals? And advertising The Sopranos, Prison Break, CSI Miami etc.

If so.. i saw this last night. It's the brillant 'Intervention' from The Arcade Fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Archimedes wrote:
    Really desperate to find this song, please help!! :(

It's not the Social Distortion song Don't Drag Me Down is it?
    That's probably way off, but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^Nope, turns out its Ash new song Polaris! But thanks for helping!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

basquille wrote:
    Is it the ad advertising "The Best in US Dramas" with lyrics from the song displayed on screen at regular intervals? And advertising The Sopranos, Prison Break, CSI Miami etc.

If so.. i saw this last night. It's the brillant 'Intervention' from The Arcade Fire.
    thats the one thanks, i was going mad trying to find out who it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭skorn

skorn wrote:
    switched chanels the other day to TG4 and there was an awesome music video on.
    I would love to buy the cd but I have no idea who the singer is.

It was a guy singing, 40ish, surfer lookin, shark tooth type earing.
    He was, I presume, singing in Gaelic (I don't understand a word).
    The music I would describe as up tempo, easy listening, rap(ish).
    The video was basically just him singing and dancing (in an empty studio), also alot of out of focus shots of a kid and other things, and also an old man (looked like a "hobo") dancing to the music.

If anyone could help me identify the artists I would appreciate it.:D

never mind found it. the guy was Rónán Ó Snodaigh of KILA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Channel 4 have been running an ad for that drama 'Brothers and Sisters' quite alot recently. I like the music used for it, does anyone know what the name of the song is?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Herman Dune!

Thanks VB7000. I'll check him out !!!

edit:

Oh fck it anyway. they played Whelans last week and I missed it. dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Garnier ad on the telly at the mo, for sun screen or something, thinks it's called summer spray.

Has a very slow guitar riff and a woman singing, almost breathy.

Any ideas??
    It might be 'The Greatest' by Cat Power

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Channel 4 have been running an ad for that drama 'Brothers and Sisters' quite alot recently. I like the music used for it, does anyone know what the name of the song is? Thanks!

"Golden Skans" by Klaxons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnL5sf_2s-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Anyone know the tune on the ad for the GAA thats on the radio at the moment? Its quite epic and sounds like something from Globus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 C2828

Does anyone know who sings that song & what the song is in the new mastercard commercial? Its an ad for Mastercard.ie. It sounds like Ryan Adams but im not sure if its him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Its by a guy called Fink, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-bCEOjrK8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

anyone know what the song in the coors light is? the ad is the one with the "snowpeople"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

anyone know what the song in the coors light is? the ad is the one with the "snowpeople"

Tis on the previous page of this thread ..........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53414936&postcount=662

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

thanks for that.

also, i was wondering can anyone tell me the name of the song that was used in an old vodafone ad with beckham? lyrics went something like "can you dig it?oh yeah.can you dig it? oh yeah. can you dig what im sayin?" its a pretty popular but i just cant remember what its bloody called!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

also, i was wondering can anyone tell me the name of the song that was used in an old vodafone ad with beckham? lyrics went something like "can you dig it?oh yeah.can you dig it? oh yeah. can you dig what im sayin?" its a pretty popular but i just cant remember what its bloody called!
    The Mock Turtles - "Can You Dig It?"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Hello..

Those anyone know the artist or band that play that sexy organ music in the promo ad for film4 thats on the telly currently??

Thanks Phil.

Advertisement