Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 littlemizz

hello all,

just wonderin if anyone could help me with the name of a song i found on youtube,its a female voice beautiful song i think. here are some of the lyrics:

"are you gonna miss me when im gone, is it all really said and done. the day i move,will you be sad. ooo and do you ever think of all we had. so il wave goodbye to you il never spend more time with you."

not sure if im allowed to post link but here goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd45oLL6LwY

thanking you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I posted this in television and it was obviously deleted.
    After alot of searching I discovered this thread.
    Rather annoying not being notified I have to say!

Anyway my query is in refernce to the Dublin City ads. A campaign has been re run for Dublin City Summer sales.

Its a woman singing and the lyrics are something along the lines of "even though i met you only recently i find that i am falling in love with you".

Anyone? thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

littlemizz....u should contact the person that posted it on youtube..in sure they'll tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 littlemizz

philstar wrote:
    littlemizz....u should contact the person that posted it on youtube..in sure they'll tell you

yup tryed that but he doesn no who its by either....strange i no! :confused: he cnt remember wer he got it either cause he made it a while ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

I got one of thos 'Irish Rock' cds in the Independant roughly two years ago.
    there was rory gallagher, horselips, saw doctors, sultans of ping fc etc

but there was a song on it, Im pretty sure it was called Floating In Space
    (not sure if it was though) i can remeber some of the lyrics, its starts of with male vocals repeating 'floating in space' then female vocals kick in with
    "got no idea which way to go, to get me out of this state of mind"
    then something about "take the needle, stick it right into the core of me, just find a way to wake me up"

its a really beautiful song, i'd like to know the propper title and the artist please.
    thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

philstar wrote:
    Hello..

Those anyone know the artist or band that play that sexy organ music in the promo ad for film4 thats on the telly currently??

Thanks Phil.
    Is it Arcade Fire 'Intervention' by any chance? It's the only song I can think of with sexy organ music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

??????????
    Anybody?

I know the name of it but I just can't think of it. Chakaron???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BaZmO* wrote:
    ??????????
    Anybody?

I know the name of it but I just can't think of it. Chakaron???

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

anyone know what the song in the coors light is? the ad is the one with the "snowpeople"

Been looking for that myself. Only place I can see getting it, is off iTunes atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

The song is called 'Type A Jitters' by a band called saso or something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

BeatNikDub wrote:
    I posted this in television and it was obviously deleted.
    After alot of searching I discovered this thread.
    Rather annoying not being notified I have to say!

Anyway my query is in refernce to the Dublin City ads. A campaign has been re run for Dublin City Summer sales.

Its a woman singing and the lyrics are something along the lines of "even though i met you only recently i find that i am falling in love with you".

Anyone? thanks.

Referenced here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52976052&postcount=439

"You You You You You" by the 6ths feat. Katharine Whalen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Some guy posted the title in the comments thread; Kustom Built - Torch Song apparently....good tune, not heard it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The ads for "Dublins Summer Sales" which seem to be all over the TV with the b/w imagery of the spike and Henry st etc.

What the hell is the music?

ciaranfo wrote:
    The ads for "Dublins Summer Sales" which seem to be all over the TV with the b/w imagery of the spike and Henry st etc.

What the hell is the music?
    Ah come on, it's written down literally three posts above your one. ciaranfo, I'm not singling you out or anything but people need to have at least a quick skim over a page or two of this thread before they post a request. The same songs are constantly being asked for - it's getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Stargal wrote:
    Ah come on, it's written down literally three posts above your one. ciaranfo, I'm not singling you out or anything but people need to have at least a quick skim over a page or two of this thread before they post a request. The same songs are constantly being asked for - it's getting ridiculous.
    You're 100% right.

I checked the thread after posting and got the name of the song (can't bloody well source it still but anyway..) and forgot to update my post.

ciaranfo wrote:
    You're 100% right.

I checked the thread after posting and got the name of the song (can't bloody well source it still but anyway..) and forgot to update my post.
    The link that redalicat put up a couple of posts back says that it's from the 1999 album "Hyacinths and Thistles" by the 6ths. That could make it easier to track down (although it sounds pretty obscure!)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

SumGuy wrote:
    It might be 'The Greatest' by Cat Power

You were right on this - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cr4gE

I'm looking for the song from the new mastercard advert. Anyone know who it's by or even the track name?

• Advertisement

Cr4gE wrote:
    I'm looking for the song from the new mastercard advert. Anyone know who it's by or even the track name?

I see what the other guy who gave out to me above ment now :D

It's a song by Fing.

ciaranfo wrote:
    I see what the other guy who gave out to me above ment now :D

It's a song by Fing.
    ****ing javascript.. the dam edit button won't work.

Fink - This is the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cr4gE

thanks ciaranfo, got it.

Two ones I've been trying to think of since last night...they are dance songs, probably both about 2/3 years old.

First one has a woman singing the chorus: "Two people as one". Jack something? It's not Junior Jack anyway.

Next one might be harder....though if you know the video you will probably know it. It's a clown taking of his makeup but the video is in reverse so it look slike he is putting it on - music has a kind of electronic blip sound a bit like William Orbit.

Two ones I've been trying to think of since last night...they are dance songs, probably both about 2/3 years old.

First one has a woman singing the chorus: "Two people as one". Jack something? It's not Junior Jack anyway.

Next one might be harder....though if you know the video you will probably know it. It's a clown taking of his makeup but the video is in reverse so it look slike he is putting it on - music has a kind of electronic blip sound a bit like William Orbit.
    First one is "2 People" by Jean Jacques Smoothie

and the second is "Naive Song" by Mirwais

Jesus that was quick! What a hero!

Cheers!

No worries.

Check out Disco Science by Mirwais. Great Tune.

He actually produced most Madonna's "Music" album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Whats the song from about 7 years ago from a drink ad (not sure which company) with a guy on a bike going down a steep hill towards a pier while there are lots of dogs chasing him. The song is a loudish Scottish singer containing "I'd, Rather"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 belbrehon

Some one mentioned the sunday game add from 2003 and its going round in my head (sorry if I've missed the answer) some of the lyrics are

go down to the river and pray
    sing about that good old day...
    wish I was ... good lord show me the way

can any one help

• Advertisement

If that's the lyrics it's probably "Down In The River To Pray" from the the soundtrack of "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

Advertisement