Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 belbrehon

Thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 belbrehon

There a song from one of the xfiles its from the episode about the black baseball player whos really a grey I'm not sure was it take me out to the ball field. does any one remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Does anyone know the name of the first song that plays when the film v for vendetta goes to credits? It sounds kinda like the rolling stones but its probably not....any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

havent seen it since it was in the cinema
    but since you said rolling stones, im going to say 'Street fighting man' which i know featured in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

thats the puppy, thanks bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ruicosta10

Loooonng shot here, doubt its even a real song. Anyone know what that techno-ish tune might be from the new Fanta ads? It comes up prominently at the end of the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Anyone know that song on the aib ad a while ago about the golf. you know the Beethoven type music

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Hey guys.
    Does anyone know the name of the tune that plays in the ad for prison break thats been on since this weeks episodes. The ad has the words "the Hunter, the hunted, the killer, the kill" appear in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Oman wrote:
    Anyone know that song on the aib ad a while ago about the golf. you know the Beethoven type music

If its the one for the Ryder cup then its Lux Aeterna from the soundtrack for Requiem For A Dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

a longish track of euro rock with a guy kind of yodelling in parts from the 60s .think it was a band called PFM.
    Heard on arrow rock last night but presenter failed to identify.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

just googled yodel/rock.
    came up with hocus pocus by Dutch band Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

purplegeko wrote:
    If its the one for the Ryder cup then its Lux Aeterna from the soundtrack for Requiem For A Dream.
    Thanks

Way long shot.... the music played at the beginning of wimbledon yesterday at 1.40pm (july 5th)
    It was playing over statistics of the weeks play...168 matches completed, 27.5mm of rain all while the defending champion sat and watched.
    It was jingly jangly music maybe played on a xylophone sounded like it was from a movie soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Looking for a bit of help with a song. I think its by a scandanavian band but in english. I think the chorus line goes "At the end of a smile is a laugh and a half " Could be wrong about the line

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Does anyone know the song to the corona light ad on the radio.
    I like the tune in the backround!!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Anyone know who performs the song that was used for last weeks Sopranos ad???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Lonnng shot here:

Was watching Gonzo, dunno if it plays this bit of music on it every episode or not, I don't usually watch it.
    Anyway, QOTSA were on the show, and it had a graphic thing come up saying "On the couch with Queens of the Stone Age" or something, for about five seconds.

And there was music playing for that five seconds.
    It was like jazz with a hip hop beat, sort of like Saint Germain, but a bit dirtier if you get me.

(P.S. If you don't know what the song was, but do know music similar to what I described, please recommend!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

purplegeko wrote:
    Way long shot.... the music played at the beginning of wimbledon yesterday at 1.40pm (july 5th)
    It was playing over statistics of the weeks play...168 matches completed, 27.5mm of rain all while the defending champion sat and watched.
    It was jingly jangly music maybe played on a xylophone sounded like it was from a movie soundtrack.
    "Musica Poetica" by Hans Zimmerman from True Romance perhaps?

BaZmO* wrote:
    "Musica Poetica" by Hans Zimmerman from True Romance perhaps?

:D
    BINGO, B-I-N-G-O!!!!! You totally pointed me in the right direction it was "You're So Cool" by Hans Zimmer from the True Romance Soundtrack.
    Thank you so much it has been in my head all day i never thought i would get it i even wrote an e-mail to the bbc!!! (they didn't reply)
    Just bought it on itunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well I'm glad I helped you in your quest. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Cr4gE wrote:
    I'm looking for the song from the new mastercard advert. Anyone know who it's by or even the track name?

This Is The Thing by Fink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Does anyone know the song to the corona light ad on the radio.
    I like the tune in the backround!!
    Thanks

If it's the one I'm thinkin of then the original song is "My Sharona" by The Knack but the words/tune have been changed to "My Corona"

Probably to protect the innocent parties involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Trying to identify a song that's been played a lot on the radio at the moment (must be in the charts) but I never seem to get the name. It's a rnb/hip hop track with female vocalist with the lyrics 'in the club.' Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anyone know this song, its by a band, all guys. In the video, they are at some sort of disco or ball, lead singer looks kinda nerdy and I think at one stage he is wearing old 70s style gym wear, ya know, really small shorts, vest, headband and glasses. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

Okie wrote:

Probably to protect the innocent parties involved :)

so they change it to a beer??? marginal difference i say!
    alas, no longer shall i Jargon.

the song you're lookin for is "9 Carona's" by Weird Al Yankovich.
    enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

This post has been deleted.

Yep, its called Dreamer's Bay by Patience and Prudence, two little girls, aged 11 and 14! I cant seem to get it anywhere though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

RawK wrote:
    so they change it to a beer??? marginal difference i say!
    alas, no longer shall i Jargon.

Can I direct you here
    >

Jargon, is it????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

purplegeko wrote:
    :D
    BINGO, B-I-N-G-O!!!!! You totally pointed me in the right direction it was "You're So Cool" by Hans Zimmer from the True Romance Soundtrack.
    Thank you so much it has been in my head all day i never thought i would get it i even wrote an e-mail to the bbc!!! (they didn't reply)
    Just bought it on itunes!

Anyone who likes this music might be interested to know that its based on 'Schulwerk' music by Carl Orff & associate (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=201563776&s=143449&i=201563885

More information on the s/t here for anyone interested (http://www.amazon.com/True-Romance-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B0000042N2)

Orff of course is of 'Old Spice' fame for anyone who remembers back that far or who simply likes 'Carmina Burana' (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=105121339&s=143449&i=105120793)

The Schulwerk music was also used on the soundtrack of the film 'Badlands'.

Piano piece on the car ad with all the balloons?

• Advertisement

SumGuy wrote:
    Piano piece on the car ad with all the balloons?
    Found this, it's from the Donnie Darko score.

Advertisement