Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

the music from the 'go west'/visit irelands west coast ads/visit donegal ads? its the same line over and over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Anyone know the name of the song in the Spar ad for it's wine selection thats out at the moment.
    The song plays while the label is put onto the bottle of wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's a fast version of the Girl From Ipanema (sp?), some girl singing it instead of Sinattra or whoever it was had it originally. Been covered a few times I'd say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bluenarf

theres a song out there, that is just a multitude of voives humming, which creates a very eerie sounding song, but i cannot remember the name or artist, can anyone help me. ive only ever heard the song on the radio a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

Man there are way too many pages here to sift through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

paddy316i wrote:
    Man there are way too many pages here to sift through.
    You don't have to. If it's a fairly new song or if it's on new ad just look back over the last couple of pages. However, if you can't find or if it's a totally random request just ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

I tried searching for this so dont abuse me if its in the thread already! :o

Does anyone know the song for the new Coors Lioght ad on TV. Its the ad where theres an avalanches and two snowmen type thing come out of the avalance and start throwing snowballs at each other.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

stooge wrote:
    I tried searching for this so dont abuse me if its in the thread already! :o

Does anyone know the song for the new Coors Lioght ad on TV. Its the ad where theres an avalanches and two snowmen type thing come out of the avalance and start throwing snowballs at each other.

Cheers

2 pages back. Type A Jitters by Saso.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Caliden wrote:
    Anyone know the name of the song in the Spar ad for it's wine selection thats out at the moment.
    The song plays while the label is put onto the bottle of wine

someone posted this a while back
    "did i stand on your trumpet" by danielson famile. cool song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WhatsThePoint

Any idea of the song. Here's a bit of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OGGNOpOgW4

There's a comment below the video suggesting a song but that's not it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Xylophonic wrote:
    Anyone know the name of the song in the Coors Light ad?

Thanks
    Hey,
    As far as I know it's 'Saso' , 'Type A Jitters' ... was looking for it meself but can't find it anywhere.

It was played on the radio this morning and they said it is available on iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

^ is the same music used in the radio ad, with the girl who says "its only low in calories", as a guitar chord is strummed, and a male vocal, possibly Spanish (has a Cuban feel to it) comes in? Its got me hooked...

Im not familiar with the 'snowmen' ad

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Hi, this is loooong shot but I hope ye can help. There was an ad on TV about 3-4 months ago, may have been longer and I still can't get the tune out of mmy head. Was by a band I saw briefly on that programme that has Home and Away and the Simpsons on RTE 2.

The ad was for soup, don't know what kind; Cambells, Knorr whatever. Please help! Can't find anythng on google. One of the lyrics sounded like, "I'm not the one was..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

gucci wrote:
    someone posted this a while back
    "did i stand on your trumpet" by danielson famile. cool song

Hah cool that's it cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

muletide wrote:
    Looking for a bit of help with a song. I think its by a scandanavian band but in english. I think the chorus line goes "At the end of a smile is a laugh and a half " Could be wrong about the line

Thanks

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Anyone know the name of the band that were on the rick o'shea show today and did an version of umbrella????
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

Anyone know the song from the volvic ad?It was a out a few years ago I think,I just can't think of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Archimedes wrote:
    Anyone know this song, its by a band, all guys. In the video, they are at some sort of disco or ball, lead singer looks kinda nerdy and I think at one stage he is wearing old 70s style gym wear, ya know, really small shorts, vest, headband and glasses. Anyone?

Here (In Your Arms) by hellogoodbye

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

Hi all,

Im looking for the name of the song used on an irish tv ad a few years back. As far as I know it was an irish musician and the song was called sunrise or sunshine or something like that. I think it was used on an avonmore add or something like that, it was mainly guitar lighly in the background and a trumpet in the background.. i think a shot of poolbeg was used in the add at sunrise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Evo wrote:
    Hi all,

Im looking for the name of the song used on an irish tv ad a few years back. As far as I know it was an irish musician and the song was called sunrise or sunshine or something like that. I think it was used on an avonmore add or something like that, it was mainly guitar lighly in the background and a trumpet in the background.. i think a shot of poolbeg was used in the add at sunrise

Well he's not Irish but that sounds like Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining. It was from an Avonmore milk ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

Adyx wrote:
    Well he's not Irish but that sounds like Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining. It was from an Avonmore milk ad.

thats the one!! thanks your a ledge!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Does anyone know the name of that song whose chorus goes something like "I-E-I, I suddenly remember"? I'm in Canada at the mo, and it's on every radio station it seems. It's driving me nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Can anyone help me with the artist on this vid clip ..... the song is called 'going home' .......

Could it be Mary Fahl? ..... I tried to find her on iTunes without success ....:(

many thanks .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_5BPHwwXM

edit ..... The music is the soundtrack from the movie Gods and Generals. Mary Fahl is the singer

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

Anyone Know the music on a 'visit Northern Ireland' ad on few months ago.

Was a dance tune if i remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

muletide wrote:
    Anyone ?

You should learn how to use Google. The song is Laugh N a Half by DaD

http://www.uppercutmusic.com/artist_d/dad_lyrics/laugh_n_a_half_lyrics.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

beherenow wrote:
    Anyone Know the music on a 'visit Northern Ireland' ad on few months ago.

Was a dance tune if i remember...

Chicane's Saltwater featured on a tourist ad for Belfast...not sure if that's the ad you're talking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

Chicane's Saltwater featured on a tourist ad for Belfast...not sure if that's the ad you're talking about...

Thanks Wertz, thats the one alrite. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

obl wrote:
    Does anyone know the name of that song whose chorus goes something like "I-E-I, I suddenly remember"? I'm in Canada at the mo, and it's on every radio station it seems. It's driving me nuts!

Suddenly I see?
    adyx wrote:
    Twas' Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Okay its been driving me mad for a while, on channel 6 theres an ad for teh tv programme "Everwood" and a guy is singing a cover of Britney Spears "Everytime". its slow, and on guitar...
    Who is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Does anyone know the song used in RTE's coverage of the hurling there today in the preview clip thing?

Advertisement