Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Does anyone know the name of the song in the film 'road trip' when they are in the house with all the black dudes and coil, the small lad of the group starts dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Plug wrote:
    Does anyone know the name of the song in the film 'road trip' when they are in the house with all the black dudes and coil, the small lad of the group starts dancing.
    Trying to think back... think it was Run DMC "It's Tricky"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

basquille wrote:
    Trying to think back... think it was Run DMC "It's Tricky"
    Nice one lad thanks.

Your a good looking chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Okay its been driving me mad for a while, on channel 6 theres an ad for teh tv programme "Everwood" and a guy is singing a cover of Britney Spears "Everytime". its slow, and on guitar...
    Who is it?

Glen Hansard from The Frames covered that song. It's on Ray D'arcy's "Even better than the real thing Vol 2" Although it may not be the one your hunting for ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Whats the name of the song in the ad for 'Undercover Series' on National Geographic channel?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

eamoss wrote:
    Whats the name of the song in the ad for 'Undercover Series' on National Geographic channel?

Is it 'Breathe me' by Sia?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6PGrub3jUc

spurious wrote:

Yup thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

The song in the Miller beer adverts? (The guy is on rollerblades)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The song in the Miller beer adverts? (The guy is on rollerblades)
    Jude - 'Crescent Heights' from the CD 'Sarah'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PK9XtifRWU

anyone know the song in the background of the video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

I'm sure everyone would know this song to hear but it's perhaps harder to explain.

Slow song, with male and female vocals, with a piano playing right through.

No singing really, just lyrics... Maintains the same rhythm for most of the song.

Male vocals sound really familiar but I can't put a name to it. Think it's quite popular at the moment.

"Cheating" is mentioned in it?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Wertz wrote:

Ha. That's who I thought it was but when I checked wikipedia for collaborations there were no recent ones. Then I checked YouTube (same vid you linked) but it didn't play...

Cheers though dude, appreciate it.

gucci wrote:
    someone posted this a while back
    "did i stand on your trumpet" by danielson famile. cool song

Twas me, and I'm currently elated with the news that they'll make their first trip to Ireland very shortly!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

does any1 know the name of the bachata song playing in all salsa places in dublin this summer?
    Very nice song there's woman singning, it's all I know about it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

I Understand if no one can answer this, its a hard one ;)
    But after last weeks episodes of grays anatomy and before this episodes, RTE had an ad for it, and I cant find the music that was in it. All I know is that these are a part of the lyrics:
    "Dont feel me as your driving me crazy"
    "i wanna wanna wanna wanna be your lady"
    If anyone knows this song, I would be really grateful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Could someone please tell me the name of that very distinctive piece of Irish trad that was used recently on RTE tv to advertise the Galway races. It was also used as the theme tune for an Irish schools quiz programme on RTE radio last year I think.
    Thanks all:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote:
    Could someone please tell me the name of that very distinctive piece of Irish trad that was used recently on RTE tv to advertise the Galway races. It was also used as the theme tune for an Irish schools quiz programme on RTE radio last year I think.
    Thanks all:)

I'm not 100% but I think I saw the Galway races ad once and recognised the music as the song from the ending of Napoleon Dynamite..

Try Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Music For a Found Harmonium

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Absolutely spot on vb7000,
    Never would have guessed this was the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

I heard this song today at lunchtime
    I decided to be a bit resourceful and capture 20secs of it on my
    mobile phone and see if I could upload the clip onto a podcasting
    webspace.

http://www.evoca.com/myrecordings/my_recording.jsp?rid=95613

I find the lyrics a bit indistinct on account of the crappy AMR/8000Hz
    audio capture on the phone.
    Anyone recognize it ? Sounded a bit like Sade, jazzy female vocalist.

-ifc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Anyone please... the music during the montage at the end of the British Open golf a couple of weeks ago when Padraig Harrington won. Sounded like Ronan Keating.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

singer and song please,,,girl sings on the add and the words are ,what colour will to-morrow be wait and see

spatchco wrote:
    singer and song please,,,girl sings on the add and the words are ,what colour will to-morrow be wait and see

From this discussion it seems it was written specially for the ad.

Composer : Hans Elewaut

Singer from a Belgian group Flowers for Breakfast (who I think have since split).
    Her name is Tina Reymer.

Here's the ad (albeit in a French site)

spurious,, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

ok I'm pretty sure that no-one will know who sings this song...

i've researched it and found nothing...

Its on the "Ford Focus Zetec" Ad

The lyrics go like this: ISH

"suddenly i feel like peter pan, like a boy trapped inside the man. first comes up, back down again. i remember back again"

i'll say again the lyrics are similar to this not 100%. The last part is more dodge...

Any help.....:)

buckman 13 thanks for the reply,,got the info i needed but unfortunatly piece was only composed for the add ,so no singer no song ho well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mayosteve99

heys whats the sad song in the background when alan is talking at 1min 20 seconds cheers !!!!!! also the song in Pyscho , Before he kills the woman in the shower

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=q784betBTAY

Radio 1 ad for 'In new music we trust' what is the song behind it? I know it goes "You ready?"

EDIT:
    Found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulKxGZU7YrU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Not sure if anyone can help but on Beat FM theyre playing a song a lot lately. Its a bit slow, male singer and possible a band. Theres parts where he sings 'Im not the only one' and something about 'breaking so ordinarily' I think... I thought I heard the DJ say the word 'tarantino' when saying the name/title of the song (was on a bus so couldnt hear too well) and have now heard that theres a band in wexford who have this name?

Any help appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DrawYourSword

New artist hitting the scene but popular before

Dreadlocks in a black and white video and with a guitar and photos falling at his feet with an uplifting chorus with lyrics like

'do what ever i want etc etc '

Much appreciated

Advertisement