Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

New artist hitting the scene but popular before

Dreadlocks in a black and white video and with a guitar and photos falling at his feet with an uplifting chorus with lyrics like

'do what ever i want etc etc '

Much appreciated
    I'd say it's probably Newton Faulkner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DrawYourSword

Spot on mate thanks : )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Whats the song where the pakiestanie lad sings and the music sounds like the night rider theme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Hi can someone please tell me the name of the song or singer that's at the end of the movie The Constant Gardener? It sounds african (not sure of what language) but it plays at the end of the movie when the credits start....Thanx:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi can someone please tell me the name of the song or singer that's at the end of the movie The Constant Gardener? It sounds african (not sure of what language) but it plays at the end of the movie when the credits start....Thanx:)

'Kothbiro' sung by Ayub Ogada.
    http://www.amazon.com/En-Mana-Kuoyo-Ayub-Ogada/dp/B000000HP1 and also on the soundtrack CD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

thanx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glSXFMk0lbI
    whats the backround song in that does anyone know?..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Paulie Walnuts

Does anyone know who did that Ball & Chain song, I think it was pretty popular around Cork clubs about 7 or 8 years ago. Its a pretty crappy dance song but I'd like get hold of it for old times sake. I think some of the lyrics are:
    "We had a love........and now you see i'm hot..........and now you want me want me want me eeeeeevery niiiiiggggght" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

PlayGirl wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glSXFMk0lbI
    whats the backround song in that does anyone know?..

1st Lady - "Missing You"

Plug wrote:
    Whats the song where the pakiestanie lad sings and the music sounds like the night rider theme?
    Please people, what is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

theres this song which Im 99% sure is by Aphex Twin but I dont know the name of it. Ill give a description of it if that helps, its a really mellow melancholic piano song, its not slow, mid tempo would be best to describe it, the piano sounds like an upright and it has a mixture of chords and arpeggios which sound mostly in a major key. Theres a middle bit too in the song which sounds like this famous piano song which I also dont know the name of but which is in short circuit 2, its like some french modernist tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Plug wrote:
    Please people, what is it?
    Panjabi MC - Mundian to Bach Ke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Can anyone please name the music in this clip:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWu2tieez4

It was also in the AIB ad for the Ryder Cup I think.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone please name the music in this clip:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWu2tieez4

It was also in the AIB ad for the Ryder Cup I think.

Thanks in advance
    Probably one of the most asked for pieces of music in this thread. It's by Clint Mansell and it's taken from the soundtrack to Requiem for a Dream. Think the track is called "Summer: Summer Overture"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Thanks for that BaZmO*

Sorry for annoying you about it once again!

SumGuy wrote:
    Panjabi MC - Mundian to Bach Ke
    *downloads from limewire*
    Yesss!!!
    Thank you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Heard this in a pub in Portugal...

"........this day would last forever.........all i know blah blah blah blah...de blah"

Any ideas. Bit of a long shot

Heard this in a pub in Portugal...

"........this day would last forever.........all i know blah blah blah blah...de blah"

Any ideas. Bit of a long shot
    "This Day Should Last Forever" - Ocean Colour Scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Does anybody know the name of the song in the recent fujifilm tv ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Hi! Posted here a few weeks ago hoping someone could tell what the song in the Cambells Soup ad was from a few months back. The ad is on TV (RTE) again now...

Please, someone-this song has being driving me crazy since the start of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

hi,

does anyone know the name of the track playing at the end of the nokia/meteor ad on tv at the moment about new music?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

OK two songs needing I.D please:

1. I think it's an Aslan song being used on the ad on 2FM advertising their album or gig...the only lyrics I know of it are...."Follow me.............Follow me!!"........wish I had more to help I.D it, but I've searched aloads of Lyric sights but I must have skipped over this particular one.

2. It was the music on thr old Mitzubishi cars ad......sounded like a xylophone or a similar percussion instrument....it's a really famous piece used in many films aswell.

Any help appreciated.

Rineanna wrote:
    2. It was the music on thr old Mitzubishi cars ad......sounded like a xylophone or a similar percussion instrument....it's a really famous piece used in many films aswell.

Any help appreciated.
    Hans Zimmer - "You're So Cool"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

BaZmO* wrote:
    Hans Zimmer - "You're So Cool"
    Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Does anyone kindly happen to have any idea what the song is during the new Spar ads?
    It goes along the lines "Did he step, on ya trumpet or did he..." something something.

Any ideas will results in excellent karma..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Steez wrote:
    Does anyone kindly happen to have any idea what the song is during the new Spar ads?
    It goes along the lines "Did he step, on ya trumpet or did he..." something something.

Any ideas will results in excellent karma..
    Sounds like

Did I Step on Your Trumpet - Danielson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Sir, i love you. No word of a lie. Many many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Rineanna wrote:
    OK two songs needing I.D please:
    1. I think it's an Aslan song being used on the ad on 2FM advertising their album or gig...the only lyrics I know of it are...."Follow me.............Follow me!!"........wish I had more to help I.D it, but I've searched aloads of Lyric sights but I must have skipped over this particular one.
    Is it "Fall on Me"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Anyone know the name of the tune on the ad for the RTE show Prosperity. I know it but just can't think. It's a chilled trakc of a dancy type album if I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

what's the name of the classical song used in Die Hard: With A Vengeance? it can be sung with "Johnny went off to fight the war, shira, shira"

Advertisement