Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

The Bollox wrote:
    what's the name of the classical song used in Die Hard: With A Vengeance? it can be sung with "Johnny went off to fight the war, shira, shira"
    "Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye"
    "When Johnny Comes Marching Home"
    "The Ants Go Marching One By One"
    "The Animals Go In Two By Two"

All sung to the same traditional Irish song (the first one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

JSK 252 wrote:
    Does anybody know the name of the song in the recent fujifilm tv ad?

Anybody?:)

Please! Its killing me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The Parlotones-Beautiful
    This used to be in the old fujifilm ad...maybe not what you're after. Don't recall any other memorable tune from a fuji commercial...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Sajan wrote:
    Anyone know the name of the tune on the ad for the RTE show Prosperity. I know it but just can't think. It's a chilled trakc of a dancy type album if I remember.
    Argh, it Radiohead and it's on the Kid A album. Can't quite remember which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is that the decemberists on the new toyota tv ad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

anyone know the song the guy is listening to in the car while waiting at the traffic lights in the lyric fm ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

I don't know if this was asked before, but what's the name of the song from the Budweiser commercial with the people made of snow throwing snowballs at each other and riding the an avalanche? I can remember the tune but I can't remember any lyrics :S

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

I am trying to remember artist and track name of a song which is
    somewhere between 7 and 10 yrs old. It rarely gets airplay now but
    it sounded like a female lyricist with a voice like Cerys Matthews (Catatonia)
    and some male vocalist casting comical jibes/slags at each other...
    a sort of slagging duet....

..in fact not entirely unlike shane mcgowan/kirsty mccoll/scumbag/****
    exchange. The exchange went something like you did X and she would
    reply and you did Y and there were slightly cringeful words exchanged
    about underwear and other personal slags. It was fairly mainstream
    and got a good bit of airplay at the time.

Anyone help me out. Apologies for lack of concrete lyrics here...

-ifc

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Oops -- this has happened before. I used some google & youtube and
    found the song I was looking for....
    "Ballad of Tom Jones" by Space with Cerys...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was gonna suggest something else waaaayy of the mark.....

• Advertisement

solas wrote:
    anyone know the song the guy is listening to in the car while waiting at the traffic lights in the lyric fm ad?

saso, forget the name of the song

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

anyone know that piano song by Aphex Twin, played on an upright by the sound of it and its chordal, sounds melancholic. Also whats the name of that song that is used for apocalyptic aftermath type scenarios, its quite famous and is currently being used on an ad on channel 4, theres one keyboard sound that is used and it sounds very artic/cold like a sine wave or something. Its slow and again it really gives of an "aftermath" vibe.

sweetie wrote:
    saso, forget the name of the song
    think thats the coors light ad, the tune i'm looking for has classical overtones. (Lyric fm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Johnny Blue

does anyone know the song from the rice krispies add?? the one were he's just hummin ya know?? thanks ppl

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

solas wrote:

'Casta Diva' from 'Norma' by Bellini, sung by Filippa Giordano.

thanks

the premiership theme tune. lyrics are 'i'm gonna take you on'
    sounds like blur

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

sweetie wrote:
    Is that the decemberists on the new toyota tv ad?

It is indeed: Summer Song from The Crane Wife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

does anyone know the song from the rice krispies add?? the one were he's just hummin ya know?? thanks ppl
    It's a medley of Somewhere over the Rainbow and What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Gorgeous song. It's been used in gazillions of ads, tv programmes and films. YouTube linky here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Maccer44

Bulmers lite ad where bottles float off, song is in Spanish or Portuguese i think

• Advertisement

Maccer44 wrote:
    Bulmers lite ad where bottles float off, song is in Spanish or Portuguese i think

the bees 'a menha a menina,' probably spelt wrong :D

Maccer44 wrote:

Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina

Hi! Posted here a few weeks ago hoping someone could tell what the song in the Cambells Soup ad was from a few months back. The ad is on TV (RTE) again now...

Please, someone-this song has being driving me crazy since the start of the year!

The Rags - Monsters and I
    SumGuy wrote:
    Sounds like

Did I Step on Your Trumpet - Danielson

...who, coincidentally, played an amazing show in Crawdaddy last night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

anyone know that piano song by Aphex Twin, played on an upright by the sound of it and its chordal, sounds melancholic.

I suspect it's Avril 14 from "Drukqs"

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Its a kinda dancey song, a girl sings it and its usually always on spin
    some of the words are:
    'everybody, get to the dancefloor, we're gonna rock it, cos thats what we're here for'.
    It is killing me who sings it and what its called. Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Stocious

its got a great tune, only ever heard it a couple of times over the stereos in the Celt bar on talbot street. only lyrics i can recall are:
    "I'll be on the pension very shortly and I'll live for yesterday"........not much to go on but who knows....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 campeon

Hey everyone, there was an advert on rte recently "RTE Arts" showing seamus heaney, samuel beckett and Jack Nicholson, and a few clips of the rte arts panel. Anyone remember the backing track to it? thanks!

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Its a kinda dancey song, a girl sings it and its usually always on spin
    some of the words are:
    'everybody, get to the dancefloor, we're gonna rock it, cos thats what we're here for'.
    It is killing me who sings it and what its called. Any ideas??

Fedde le Grande's latest...dunno what it'scalled. try googling him and it should name the track...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Wertz wrote:
    Fedde le Grande's latest...dunno what it'scalled. try googling him and it should name the track...
    Awesome thanks!

• Advertisement

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Awesome thanks!

lol don't be so quick to thank me, funny feeling I'm wrong....it's not "Let me think about it" anyway.
    I'll have another dig...

[edit] Ah, now I know how I got mixed up...the track you want is by some lot called Freaks and the tune is called The Creeps (the title of le Grand's last release)

http://www.ministryofsound.com/music/singles/TheFreaks

Advertisement