Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Wertz wrote:
    lol don't be so quick to thank me, funny feeling I'm wrong....it's not "Let me think about it" anyway.
    I'll have another dig...

[edit] Ah, now I know how I got mixed up...the track you want is by some lot called Freaks and the tune is called The Creeps (the title of le Grand's last release)

http://www.ministryofsound.com/music/singles/TheFreaks
    Ah right! I was wondering cos i went looking for it to download and the ones i downloaded were wrong haha
    Thanks a mill for looking for it, i'll go download it now :D

Edit: Yeh thats it cheers! I just dont listen to that type of music generally so i had no idea who or what it was called, thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aindrias

Anyone know the name of the song used in the current Prison Break ad on RTE. The scene is where the head of the prison has Schofield standing up in a uniform line with other cons. It sounds kinda like Jimi Hendrix. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Aindrias wrote:
    Anyone know the name of the song used in the current Prison Break ad on RTE. The scene is where the head of the prison has Schofield standing up in a uniform line with other cons. It sounds kinda like Jimi Hendrix. Thanks
    Isn't it Guns 'n' Roses 'Welcome to the Jungle'? Or am I thinking of the wrong Prison Break ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Anyone know the name of this song? I've been looking for the past hour or so and I can find the other songs in the episode but not that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Heard a song being played in HMV Grafton Street a few weeks back, kind of an uptempo country/folkish song with a female vocalist, with lyrics referring to "heartbreak (possibly heartache) boulevard"

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The song that springs to mind is the ' when the sun sets up on the santa monica boulavard ' very uptempo song , female singer ..sure sombody will come along soon and name artist ......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

latchyco wrote:
    The song that springs to mind is the ' when the sun sets up on the santa monica boulavard ' very uptempo song , female singer ..sure sombody will come along soon and name artist ......
    Sheryl Crowe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Driver 8 wrote:
    Heard a song being played in HMV Grafton Street a few weeks back, kind of an uptempo country/folkish song with a female vocalist, with lyrics referring to "heartbreak (possibly heartache) boulevard"

Any ideas?
    'Heartache Boulevard' - Eilen Jewell?

http://www.eilenjewell.com/ Audio player at the top

I'm gonna pre-empt this one, people are bound to ask:

The piano piece from the new Halo 3 ad is
    Chopin's Prelude in D Flat Major, Op. 28, No. 15 (aka "Raindrop")

It's also one of the finest pieces of music I can think of, and everyone should have it!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Stocious wrote:
    its got a great tune, only ever heard it a couple of times over the stereos in the Celt bar on talbot street. only lyrics i can recall are:
    "I'll be on the pension very shortly and I'll live for yesterday"........not much to go on but who knows....
    'Janey Mac, I'm nearly 40' by the Wolfe Tones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anybody know the the name of the music used the the Halo 3 ad? I really really need to know!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

BaZmO* wrote:
    Anybody know the the name of the music used the the Halo 3 ad? I really really need to know!!!

If I'm not mistaken, it's Chopin's Prelude in D Flat Major, Op. 28, No. 15

JæK&#230 wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, it's Chopin's Prelude in D Flat Major, Op. 28, No. 15
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Awwww the cheek of 'em! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

SumGuy, you're a gent, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Anyone any ideas on the music used in the new Spooks promo on BBC 1. The one with the guy surrounded by mirrors that shatter all around him. It sounds so familiar like it may have been used in a movie recently - heavy bass guitar sound.. any takers?

In case nobody has a clue what i'm on about a link to the promo here Spooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Anyone know the name of the piece of music used at the end of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Edit: Ah never mind its "A love Before Time", probably should of googled before I posted instead of after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

purplegeko wrote:
    Anyone any ideas on the music used in the new Spooks promo on BBC 1. The one with the guy surrounded by mirrors that shatter all around him. It sounds so familiar like it may have been used in a movie recently - heavy bass guitar sound.. any takers?

In case nobody has a clue what i'm on about a link to the promo here Spooks
    That would probably be "Chemistry" by a band called Unkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Thank you so much thats the one alright cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

UNKLE, didn't they do a few song with Ian Brown??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

How about that dreamy tune to the new Hotpoint advert?
    No lyrics that I know of.

kleefarr wrote:
    How about that dreamy tune to the new Hotpoint advert?
    No lyrics that I know of.
    Vangelis ft. Stina Nordenstam - Ask The Mountains

Nailz wrote:
    UNKLE, didn't they do a few song with Ian Brown??
    Yep, 'Be There', 'Reign', and they did a remix of Brown's 'F.E.A.R.'

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Brady

Does any one know the song that was played about 4 times in the clinic last night, i never watch the show but flicking through the channels i heard the song its really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

SumGuy wrote:
    Vangelis ft. Stina Nordenstam - Ask The Mountains

Excellent SumGuy. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Does anyone have any idea what the hell this is? Tis great I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLsNoBVX2AQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That is on catchy song and am guessing like anybody else its an Aussie (local) Artist or group .

Guess i will have to look out for that particualr episode of home and away ( itv and channel 5 ) and see if they are named in the credits .....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this is going to be a real long shot.

was watching 120minutes on mtv2 about a month back and saw a video with two guys in like a white corridor space ship kind of thing. they were playing their guitars (there were telecasters i think) and had funky coloured leads coming from the ceiling.

i can't remember the music but all i remember was i must check these guys out.

i hope i didn't dream this either and will be in debt if anyone can source this for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skfiesta

HI every1,

I have gone everywhere but no help. I am looking for name of this song and more and more song like these. I am working in a firm where my job depends upon it. I need song like these to put in the documentary.

Music is
    http://www.sofiteltower.com/Sofitel.mov
    . I want such grand and epic soulful music masterpiece to get align to the documentary same as referred above.

Please all help me !!!!!

Skfiesta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

A song that is out at the moment or recently with the lyrics

"even as a boy of sixteen......."

Advertisement