Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

now this is a brutal description so bear with me!

there was a song on the ray darcy show there this morning between 9.20-9.40. its a solo female singer and the song is about singing about rock and roll, not hip hop, wearing skinny jeans, guitar on stage.... ive butchered those lyrics but ive been tryin to google bits of lyrics and cant find anything.

sooooo, anybody think they know what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

Does anybody know the name of the song that is used for the Almost Famous ad on E4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

johnpaul8 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, does any know what the name of the song is on the "new" RTE2 promo for The best of the US. it's been running for the last week or so. it doesn't have any words to it just music and it's normally on during the ads whens the prime time america shows are on (weds and thur 8-10). my thanks to everyone you reads this
    eamoss wrote: »
    Also looking for the name of that song.

Does anyone know who I could contact at RTE to find out the name of the song?

Add N To (X) - Revenge Of The Black Regent

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mSNu4TZIkls

Thanks to Bernie at RTE for the info.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ideo wrote: »
    now this is a brutal description so bear with me!

there was a song on the ray darcy show there this morning between 9.20-9.40. its a solo female singer and the song is about singing about rock and roll, not hip hop, wearing skinny jeans, guitar on stage.... ive butchered those lyrics but ive been tryin to google bits of lyrics and cant find anything.

sooooo, anybody think they know what it is?

Remi Nicole - Rock n Roll, good tune.

Right, was in Whelans last night. The female dj played a quality rap track. Not gangster rap or anything. Female rapper, cant remember any of the lyrics(was bit drunk), main thing i can remember is gun clip noises and someone cocking a gun.

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Remi Nicole - Rock n Roll, good tune.

Spot on! How you figured that one out is beyond me, and thanks!

Spot on! How you figured that one out is beyond me, and thanks!

Heard it a few months back and actually heard it on today fm the other day too

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeyrooo

if ye can get this music for me ye are the best coz i cant find it anywhere
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9vtJ09lcw0

its a subaru impreza advert with some good spanish stuff.....

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

jor el wrote: »

Hey, thanks Jor el! I can't believe it was a guy singing I would have sworn it was a female singer, but yes that's the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Vbz7XdFM0

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Trying to find out who sings a song.

It is a male singer and the song tells a story.

The story is about a guy who meets a girl, they fall in love, and has lines about staying in watching telly.

Then he has a kid with the girl, think they get married.

Then things turn sour, girl is gone and so is the kid, and I think his telly gets taking away as he gets into debt or something.

Not the greatest description, but I am hoping that someone who knows the songs sees this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kess73 wrote: »
    Trying to find out who sings a song.

It is a male singer and the song tells a story.

The story is about a guy who meets a girl, they fall in love, and has lines about staying in watching telly.

Then he has a kid with the girl, think they get married.

Then things turn sour, girl is gone and so is the kid, and I think his telly gets taking away as he gets into debt or something.

Not the greatest description, but I am hoping that someone who knows the songs sees this.
    "Up The Junction" by Squeeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

BaZmO* wrote: »
    "Up The Junction" by Squeeze?

You legend. Just had a listen and that is the song I am looking for. Thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

What is the song in the ad for the NEW Smallville on E4.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=NhPFEi1PlQc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anyone know the name of the song that Setanta Sports use during Premiership games? It is usually played before and after ad breaks, and when showing things like the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Heard a song on today fm the other morning , its kinda hip hop ish , about a one hit wonder
    guys rapping about his fifteen minutes of fame , done in an american accent but with a few british cultural references ,i tried googling some of the lyrics i remember but no luck , any clues ?

gustavo wrote: »
    Heard a song on today fm the other morning , its kinda hip hop ish , about a one hit wonder
    guys rapping about his fifteen minutes of fame , done in an american accent but with a few british cultural references ,i tried googling some of the lyrics i remember but no luck , any clues ?

just jack - stars in your eyes?

nahh , it had a bit kinda like "play that song the one you wouldnt dare leave out , the one that goes na na na na na "

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gustavo wrote: »
    nahh , it had a bit kinda like "play that song the one you wouldnt dare leave out , the one that goes na na na na na "
    Oh.. that's Messiah J And The Experts "Superfamous Supertune"!

Stream it here - this the one?

basquille wrote: »
    Oh.. that's Messiah J And The Experts "Superfamous Supertune"!

Stream it here - this the one?

Thts it basquille , He delivers once again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeyrooo

nobody seems to kow where this music comes from......do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9vtJ09lcw0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pixyboo

spurious wrote: »
    'Casta Diva' from 'Norma' by Bellini, sung by Filippa Giordano.[/QUOTE

It can be found on: FILIPPA GIORDANO PRIMA DONNA LIVE CD+DVD RAUL DI BLASIO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spuffinkaten

there was a music video in the early 90's and it boggles me to actually figure out what song it was...

it is a guy standing in an empty town/ghost town in america playing guitar, for some reason i have either ghost town or black town in my head but i cannot seem to find any songs by that name. it is around the smashing pumkins era and the same type music (for all i know it could be smashing pumpkins :D)... my description is very vague but hope someone has some hints...

there was a music video in the early 90's and it boggles me to actually figure out what song it was...

it is a guy standing in an empty town/ghost town in america playing guitar, for some reason i have either ghost town or black town in my head but i cannot seem to find any songs by that name. it is around the smashing pumkins era and the same type music (for all i know it could be smashing pumpkins :D)... my description is very vague but hope someone has some hints...

Wouldn't be black hole sun by soundgarden? Only thing that springs to mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spuffinkaten

Wouldn't be black hole sun by soundgarden? Only thing that springs to mind!

i know kinda thought of that one but the video to that is so messed up that i couldn't possible forget that one! Great song tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Anyone know what the song/music is in the Guinness Christmas ad?

Here is a link to the ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWfdbYbDVzg

It's a great ad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Right, I'm looking for a song that the DJ was playing in work yesterday, he said it was called "Jamie K" but that doesn't give much answers on google.

It's a hip hoppyish song, with some guy talking/rapping. I know that's not much info, but hopefully someone has heard the name before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hey! Just the thread i needed! Does anyone know the name of the tune uded for the christmas budweiser ad, yanno the one when the horses go running through snow??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

phi3 wrote: »
    Hey! Just the thread i needed! Does anyone know the name of the tune uded for the christmas budweiser ad, yanno the one when the horses go running through snow??

"Here comes the King" - here's the original jingle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 HeY-bEaRDo

Did anyone hear that song on 2fm the other day, i think it was on nikki whats her faces show... podge and rodge thought it should be the christmas number 1. its called "lash it into her cynthia" or something along those lines... or horse it into her?! does anyone know the name of the song and do you no where you can download it???

Advertisement