Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

TimAy wrote: »
    Right, I'm looking for a song that the DJ was playing in work yesterday, he said it was called "Jamie K" but that doesn't give much answers on google.

It's a hip hoppyish song, with some guy talking/rapping. I know that's not much info, but hopefully someone has heard the name before

Try Jamie T....most probably "Sheila".
    Excellent artist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

HeY-bEaRDo wrote: »
    Did anyone hear that song on 2fm the other day, i think it was on nikki whats her faces show... podge and rodge thought it should be the christmas number 1. its called "lash it into her cynthia" or something along those lines... or horse it into her?! does anyone know the name of the song and do you no where you can download it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEnVHsM7pM

It is possible to download a Youtube segment and save it as mp3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The Aer Lingus "Enjoy Your Flight" ad? Anyone?

spurious wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEnVHsM7pM

It is possible to download a Youtube segment and save it as mp3

There is an extension for FF called Video Downloader that will rip the flash file from the server...you can then convert it from that format (.flv I think) to mp3 using something like Super. The results won't be petty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Elfman

Im lookingfor a christmas song. Don't know what it's called or who sings it teh only lyrics i know are "Christmas time is here, laughter and good cheers, christmas time is here baby your gone"

Think thats how it goes.

I recon it's a bit of an olddie.

- Anyway hope someone knows it thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Does anyone know the track on the Sky volunteering ad. It's a soul track and It sounds like the temptations but can't find it.

Here is a link were you will find the first 10 seconds or so.

http://rfts.worldarcstudio.com/_mainsite03/sport/1191922925.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

lookin for the name of an arctic monkeys song, the lyrics go,

BABAY BABAY BABAY!

then near the end theres a real cool guitar solo with wah on it!

thanks!

Space Invaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Wertz wrote: »
    Space Invaders

correct & right!

i looked for it for ages and couldnt find it but naturally the moment i post the question i found it!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 little dinosaur

I'm amazed any reference to it here. It's an ad for some new camera anyway.

Now, I've been out of the country for a few months and am just back to find this funny ad, so it could be old news to some of ye.

Some guy is walking down the street and people start to pose for him when they see him with it in his hand..this goes on for a while, people of all types pose for a shot. Then he gets home and his girlfriend, some girl is ready, posing for him on the table..

any ideas on song title /artist.
    do ye follow me at all?

• Advertisement

Justice V Simian - We Are Your Friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Current ads sky sports are running for all the 2008 sport they are showing. Music used on it is a really commnly used dramatic piece. Anyone tell me what it is called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Hi, does anyone know the "b-side" to Celine Dions my heart will go on cassette single(think there was only the one other track) ive checked amazon and ebay to see if anyone was selling it and had info.
    any help greatly appreciated,
    thanks very much...
    ... and HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

joepenguin wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know the "b-side" to Celine Dions my heart will go on cassette single(think there was only the one other track) ive checked amazon and ebay to see if anyone was selling it and had info.
    any help greatly appreciated,
    thanks very much...
    ... and HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!:D:D:D

The one released in France had 'Southampton' from the 'Titanic' movie as the B side.
    I think there were a number of versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 little dinosaur

Justice V Simian - We Are Your Friends

thank you Wertz.

happy new year to ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Happy New Year everyone.
    I heard a song about two to three months ago on Todayfm from 2-5 in the morning.The chorus was like ''Waiting for the sun,drifting away''.
    All help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Iv got a song stuck in my head and i dont know the name of it or who its from. Its a long shot asking here cause there might be so many songs with the same words. Probably not the same line though.
    Its a real fast, dance type of song and 1 of the lines is ... You set me on fire.
    I think its a woman singing it. Iv checked the internet for the words but i cant find it.
    Can anyone help?

Some more words from the song:

When i say....
    You set me on fire

Its a song that will want u to get up and go, well it is for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anybody know whats the music from new Guinness ad about the dot? (the one narrated by donald sutherland)
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anybody know whats the music from new Guinness ad about the dot?
    If it's the same one i'm thinking of, it's 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO (Electric Light Orchestra).

Could be wrong though!

EDIT: Yep, just viewed it on Guinness.com and i can confirm it's 'Mr Blue Sky'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

basquille wrote: »
    If it's the same one i'm thinking of, it's 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO (Electric Light Orchestra).

Could be wrong though!

EDIT: Yep, just viewed it on Guinness.com and i can confirm it's 'Mr Blue Sky'!

Thats it, thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Whats the name of the song aff the new Dell ads? all I remember about it is the line,
    'Fanatical minds, tryin' to rule all the world' and the 'Dun Dun DuDuDuDun' Music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Whats the name of the song aff the new Dell ads? all I remember about it is the line,
    'Fanatical minds, tryin' to rule all the world' and the 'Dun Dun DuDuDuDun' Music

I've been wanting to know what that song is too...

Flaming Lips - W.A.N.D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTVzmQu_Mk

jigglywoo wrote: »
    I've been wanting to know what that song is too...

Flaming Lips - W.A.N.D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTVzmQu_Mk

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Try Jamie T....most probably "Sheila".
    Excellent artist.
    Excellent! Nice one for that. Great song

The whole album is worth having if you're so inclined.
    Also supposed to be well worth seeing him live...I think he played some gigs in Dublin in autumn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

cooker3 wrote: »
    Current ads sky sports are running for all the 2008 sport they are showing. Music used on it is a really commnly used dramatic piece. Anyone tell me what it is called?

Anyone?

Does anyone know what the name of the extras theme tune is? (and I dont mean 'when the whistle blows')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does anyone know what the name of the extras theme tune is? (and I dont mean 'when the whistle blows')
    Cat Stevens 'Tea For The Tillerman'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

Song in my head driving me nuts...

It was played on the radio regularly during the autumn of 1995...

Girl band, kind of soft-voiced, somewhere between Alisha's Attic and The Corrs.

The chorus was "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah," ("soh, fah, lah, soh," slowly, in harmony)

If only I had a word or two of the lyrics, I could Google it, but I don't.

Many thanks if anyone can name it, name the band, or give me a few lyrics even...

Advertisement