Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

HydeRoad wrote: »
    Song in my head driving me nuts...

It was played on the radio regularly during the autumn of 1995...

Girl band, kind of soft-voiced, somewhere between Alisha's Attic and The Corrs.

The chorus was "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah," ("soh, fah, lah, soh," slowly, in harmony)

If only I had a word or two of the lyrics, I could Google it, but I don't.

Many thanks if anyone can name it, name the band, or give me a few lyrics even...

Was it "In your car" by "Kenicke" The chorus is Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah.

You can hear the chorus part on itunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

Found that on YouTube, no definitely not, much softer than that, that's kindof punk. Only four "Yeahs" in the chorus of the one I want... Many thanks all the same though... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Does anyone know the song that's played on the ad for the film Charlie Wilsons War? It's an old tune...really famous (well, relatively famous) and I know it...I just can't think of the name of the song or artist! hehe..

I don't know the lyrics though, only one line which goes something like this:

"And the days go by at the ___ ___ ___"

The three blanks are the words I can never make out but I know it's three syllables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Once In A Lifetime by Talking Heads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Thats the one! Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Whats the name of the song played in the charlie wilsons war trailer thats shown on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Whats the name of the song played in the charlie wilsons war trailer thats shown on tv?
    There's a few great songs played in the trailer over at Apple.com - is it any of them?

Bob Dylan's 'All Along The Watchtower' being the most memorable in my mind.

basquille wrote: »
    There's a few great songs played in the trailer over at Apple.com - is it any of them?

Bob Dylan's 'All Along The Watchtower' being the most memorable in my mind.

No its in the really short short trailer thats like only 20 seconds long. It goes something like not a day goes by........................................ but when I type that into youtube that aint it either.

JSK 252 wrote: »
    No its in the really short short trailer thats like only 20 seconds long. It goes something like not a day goes by........................................ but when I type that into youtube that aint it either.

Try reading the three posts above your original one ;)

SumGuy wrote: »
    Try reading the three posts above your original one ;)

Jaysus. how coincidential.

Fair Play. Good man yourself.;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The new Guiness ad with 'the dot' anyone?

Conor108 wrote: »
    The new Guiness ad with 'the dot' anyone?
    Mentioned it a page or so back: 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO (Electric Light Orchestra).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sudocode

Two id's for the sharp eared gurus....

Theres one in a car advert for Toyota i think...with trendy twentysomethings on a road trip and at the end they go into a pub the words go
    "what bam, where it began ..." kind of laid back song.

the second (for double points) is an easier one i think its the one on the new
    budweiser advert for the 'ggggggggggggrrrrrr' pub one, its a fast uptempo one iand goes "oh my god.. do do dah"

if anyone can spot either, esp the first one, id be v. appreciative :-)

Would it be cool to post up a list of songs that I searched for and found
    the identity of?

To help others who are looking for them?

e.g.

Heineken Advert set in Prague - Music is Knihovna by Petr Novak.

I've done quite a few searches and solves for music in the past.
    So we can all benefit from each others obsession!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 little dinosaur

Hi guys

do you know the ad with the girl in the fields and this rather angelic female voice sings this song.. it's been on Irish and uk tv for I'd say 2 months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Haris83

Hi to everyone, I got a small request, and I hope someone will figure this out...
    In a documentary "FIFA Road To World Cup '06" (or something like that :) ), there is a song played during presentation of Irish national team success in World Cup Italy 90. Song is sung in Irish (I'm 99% sure it is not English ): ), and it plays along the footage of huge numbers of Irish fans invading Rome...

I'm a huge fan of Irish music, so I'd be very grateful...

Best wishes from Bosnia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi guys

do you know the ad with the girl in the fields and this rather angelic female voice sings this song.. it's been on Irish and uk tv for I'd say 2 months..

Nouvelle Vague - I Melt With You

• Registered Users Posts: 16 little dinosaur

spurious wrote: »
    Nouvelle Vague - I Melt With You

Thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Hey guys just wondering can anyone tell me who sings the theme tune to the roaring twenties?

mendusa wrote:
    Hey guys just wondering can anyone tell me who sings the theme tune to the roaring twenties?
    Haven't seen the show but someone mentioned it was an Arcade Fire theme tune.. and an obvious choice so I'm gonna tab a stab at 'Wake Up'..

.. shot in the dark so maybe someone can correct me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

sudocode wrote: »

the second (for double points) is an easier one i think its the one on the new
    budweiser advert for the 'ggggggggggggrrrrrr' pub one, its a fast uptempo one iand goes "oh my god.. do do dah"

if anyone can spot either, esp the first one, id be v. appreciative :-)
    Artist - Stellastarr

Song - no weather

Was tough finding that I tell ye! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

I was wondering if anyone could identify this one?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybi9e1V-VI

Right, anyone any good at obscure 90's girl bands?

Here's one, the video was 4 Dublin birds with coloured strings in their hair on push
    bikes at Sandymount Strand. They sank without a trace afterwards.

Funny thing is that their song was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

sudocode wrote: »
    Two id's for the sharp eared gurus....

Theres one in a car advert for Toyota i think...with trendy twentysomethings on a road trip and at the end they go into a pub the words go
    "what bam, where it began ..." kind of laid back song.
    One of my favourite songs, that.

Summersong by The Decemberists, from the (awesome) album The Crane Wife.

Anyone know the music from the little title screens during mtv 2 commercial free?

Sort of a jazzy piano tune with a hip-hop beat iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭judomick

hey there is a song by an english rapper, goes something along the lines of now your a superstar, etc, the n talks about the downfall, similiar to the streets type of music, bery vague i know but if anyone knows the song i would appreciate it! thanks

judomick wrote: »
    hey there is a song by an english rapper, goes something along the lines of now your a superstar, etc, the n talks about the downfall, similiar to the streets type of music, bery vague i know but if anyone knows the song i would appreciate it! thanks

It's not "Stars in their eyes" by Just Jack is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

judomick wrote: »

Lupe Fiasco - Superstar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭judomick

It's not "Stars in their eyes" by Just Jack is it?

thanks man, as they say in Dublin, "yer a bleedin star"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hey folks,

Anyone know the music that's on when Channel 4 make the number 4 out of buildings etc between programmes,

thanks,

K.

Advertisement