Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Anyone know the theme tune to the premiership?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

This is more of a 'whats that noise' question but on the new radiohead song 'Videotape' what is the noise in the backround? I know I've heard it somewhere before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Right, anyone any good at obscure 90's girl bands?

Here's one, the video was 4 Dublin birds with coloured strings in their hair on push
    bikes at Sandymount Strand. They sank without a trace afterwards.

Funny thing is that their song was really good.

You wouldn't be referring to B*Witched and their hit single C'est La Vie. Shame on me for knowing that one. Just don't tell anyone I told you.:rolleyes:
    B_WitchedCLV.jpg

http://videokilledtheradiostar.org/2008/01/19/bwitched-cest-la-vie-video/

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Hermy wrote: »
    You wouldn't be referring to B*Witched and their hit single C'est La Vie. Shame on me for knowing that one. Just don't tell anyone I told you.:rolleyes:

No it's not them. These were not even I hit wonders.

Thanks for trying though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Does anyone know the name of the song in the An Post ad.Kudos to anyone who gets it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

The Specials - A Message To You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcquain2

Hi,
    anyone know the music in the background for the TodayFM self-promo adverts at present? Can't seem to figure it out.
    thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

mcquain2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    anyone know the music in the background for the TodayFM self-promo adverts at present? Can't seem to figure it out.
    thanks in advance!

They always have about 3,276 promos on the go .. which one do you mean?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

Anyone know the music from the recent Guiness ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Arg, have a look through the thread next time, it's only about two pages back.
    Anyways its Mr. Blue Sky by ELO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Whats that song, it goes something like "you are my fantasy...I want to be your fantasy..." In the chorus theres backing singers and its like oh oh oh ohoh. It was on the radio a while ago and I cant find out what its called

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jay P wrote: »
    Whats that song, it goes something like "you are my fantasy...I want to be your fantasy..." In the chorus theres backing singers and its like oh oh oh ohoh. It was on the radio a while ago and I cant find out what its called
    The Blizzards - "Fantasy"

Can be listened to on their MySpace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Ya thanks, I just got it on itunes. I went through the top selling singles

About 10 or so years ago, there was an ad for the National Lottery,
    shot in black and white showing the good causes that your money went to supporting.

There was a lovley Irish language song played over the ad,
    it was just singers and someone banging sticks. The only lyric I remember is "Farraige"
    Anyone know this one?

I'll do some hunting on youtube etc. later on but I'd thought I'd throw it out there to get started.

Thanks

Barney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Newcomers

Hi,

Head is wrecked trying to work out the piece played on the piona in the newish Avonmore ad.

Basically, kid comes for first lesson, instructor has a drink of mile and by the end its an amazing piece they play. It's a classical piece but if anyone knows the name I'd be greatful!

Cheers
    nc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

There's two ads currently wrecking my head on the radio that have classical piano pieces in them; one of them is definitely Beethoven's Fur Elise, but I can't be sure if it's the avonmore one or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I doubt anyone can tell me the name of this tune :( Im pretty sure its a house track although it may be classed as a dance tune? Its got gene wilder from willy wonka singing the song "pure imagination", ive googled, youtubed and more and come up with 2 or 3 versions of songs with these lyrics but not the song i want, help, head wrecked!

FearDark wrote: »
    I doubt anyone can tell me the name of this tune :( Im pretty sure its a house track although it may be classed as a dance tune? Its got gene wilder from willy wonka singing the song "pure imagination", ive googled, youtubed and more and come up with 2 or 3 versions of songs with these lyrics but not the song i want, help, head wrecked!

Check releases by either "The Aphex Twin" or "Future Sound of London"

Both are experimental dance outfits, seem to remember one or both of
    them using samples from Willy Wonka.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Thanks mate but no joy there with either of those bands :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Hi.
    This is an instrumental dance tune that has probably been used in a whole lot of things.
    Very atmospheric/evocative.

All i can say is the verse is 8 (?) quick beats of a keyboard repeated 3 times (each time getting higher- i think?) ending with a cacophony of drum beats after each verse.

As i said it's something that has probably been used a lot on tv etc so it's probably a well known track.
    I just can't seem to place it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hey im looking for a track i just heard in the movie GOAL!

Im pretty sure its a Basement Jaxx song, although not 100% Definatley that genre.

Basically its a very high tempo song, with crazy lyrics like "Zigi zigi zigi zigi zigi zigi zeeee, zigi, zigi, zigi" ect and i think there is "Here me now" in a Jamaican accent. Ive heard the song before ages ago but can remember anymore. lol sorry but thats the best i can do.

Ive searched Youtube and its similar to Bingo Bango but not it. Anyone know the name?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Check releases by either "The Aphex Twin" or "Future Sound of London"

Both are experimental dance outfits, seem to remember one or both of
    them using samples from Willy Wonka.

The line "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams" spoken by Willy Wonka is used in We Are The Music Makers, a track on the Aphex Twin Album Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92.

I can remember Chuzzle using a sample of the music from Pure Imagination at his gigs but I don't remember what song .

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Hey im looking for a track i just heard in the movie GOAL!

Im pretty sure its a Basement Jaxx song, although not 100% Definatley that genre.

Basically its a very high tempo song, with crazy lyrics like "Zigi zigi zigi zigi zigi zigi zeeee, zigi, zigi, zigi" ect and i think there is "Here me now" in a Jamaican accent. Ive heard the song before ages ago but can remember anymore. lol sorry but thats the best i can do.

Ive searched Youtube and its similar to Bingo Bango but not it. Anyone know the name?

Im quoting myself because i found the song, as i was going to bed i remembered more lyrics "we are the baddest, roughest" and its turns out its Baddest Ruffest by Backyard Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

FearDark wrote: »
    Stylophonic "Pure Imagination" ;)
    I think thats what you're looking for... If not sorry.

"House track although it may be classed as a dance tune", I imagine that would fit that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Daco

Anyone song/who sings on ad for irish music festival on tv at mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Who sings that funky version of Radioheads 'Just'?
    I think i may like it. (artist pending)
    Mark Ronson produced it but it's sung by Alex Greenwald

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Who sings that funky version of Radioheads 'Just'?
    Mark Ronson (featuring Alex <something> of Phantom Planet)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

What on odd stance to have.

Advertisement