Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Does anybody know that song that is in the ad's for "Ironman" ? it's just a guitar playing and cuts in between the ad
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Im quoting myself because i found the song, as i was going to bed i remembered more lyrics "we are the baddest, roughest" and its turns out its Baddest Ruffest by Backyard Dog.

That song was also in the coca cola ad for euro 2004. Never knew the name though! That was killing me for ages! When I saw igy igy I was like, this is the one!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Does anybody know that song that is in the ad's for "Ironman" ? it's just a guitar playing and cuts in between the ad
    Thanks
    Would it be by any chance "Ironman" by Black Sabbath???

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jax2006

anybody seen the preview of Skinz when its about the stalker on E4?
    there is a muse song playing at the end i think ut which song is it?

please help me...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Been looking for this song for about a year now! Very fast and upbeat. Lyrics are something like "get down shiggy shiggy, can you do that mambo" or something like that. I believe it was in an episode of futurama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hey just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song played during the "Dirty Money" documentary ad on TV3 - Think it was also played when the players were coming out of the tunnel during 6N game (can't place which one at the moment though :o)...It's an Orchestral piece.

Thanks in advance

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shane329

Im looking for a song, think its a few years old at this stage. The lyrics go like "your fathers the sheriff, I think your treated differently...." and the chorus starts with "lets live it in the light cos.....try to be happy" Been driving me mad for ages. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song played during the "Dirty Money" documentary ad on TV3 - Think it was also played when the players were coming out of the tunnel during 6N game (can't place which one at the moment though :o)...It's an Orchestral piece.

Thanks in advance

Could it be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MG27BKwjaI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 shot-stopper

well my friend said he heard a song in a niteclub and it went something like this

felling in the air tonite.....OUR HOUSE..!!.........

can anyone give me a name or artis for this song!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Was it a Phil Collins/Madness mash up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

noby wrote: »
    Was it a Phil Collins/Madness mash up?

I almost wet myself reading that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Hi There,

Would anyone happen to know the song used for the Scrubs season 6 promo on Paramount comedy. The end of it sounds a bit like Modest Mouse but I don't recognise it at all.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

jax2006 wrote: »
    anybody seen the preview of Skinz when its about the stalker on E4?
    there is a muse song playing at the end i think ut which song is it?

please help me...........

The muse one is Micro Cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

leincar wrote: »
    Hi There,

Would anyone happen to know the song used for the Scrubs season 6 promo on Paramount comedy. The end of it sounds a bit like Modest Mouse but I don't recognise it at all.

Cheers

Cold War Kids - Hospital Beds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

SumGuy wrote: »
    Cold War Kids - Hospital Beds

Thanks for that. Great track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thejennings

Does anyone know the name of the song or the artist in the flora pro-activ ad? The ad is the one with the people carrying around their hearts.

Please reply, its been driving me insane!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Does anyone remember this song:

It was a really funny angry rant about life in Dublin:

It was out about 2000 - 2001.

It was called "Happy Days" I think

I think the artist was called "Only Child" though I'm not sure.

Sample Lyrics:

"Go to the jacks in Stepehen's green,
    10p to get into the cubicles
    10P? 10p up your as$
    I'll sh*te on the floor before I pay that"

It was very explicit but very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Thanks nailsz but its not that one i'm looking for :(
    It appears in the first 10-15 seconds of the ad for ironman

Also, whats that song in the coors light ad? were the snow is snowboarding down the mountain

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Hi, Saw tv add on rte last night for Dublin, black and white with a single female vocal. Add finished with view of spire and song was about falling in love on sight, somthing like that, was in pub so a bit fuzzy but really liked the vocal and want to source the singer. All help appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stevokelly

Ya dyin to know the name of that tune too....... it's savage.....anyone know??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Looking for info. on an Artist rather than a song.
    Tom Dunne played a beautiful song last night on his show, I think he said it was by a 16 or 17 year old Called 'Gloria Cilme'.
    Anyone ever heard of her?
    I goolged what i think is the spelling of her name but i'm getting nothing.

They haven't updated the site to include last night's playlist yet but you should find the answer here once they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Does anyone know what the music from the ad for "Heroes" on Channel 6 is? (I can't find a clip unfortunately) Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭smackyB

Anyone know the song that was used in the guiness ad where u had all those men flying around playing drums & guitar by slamming into them.. ended with the guy hiting a symbol whiched turned into the top of the pint.. u can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lH-5UP3I8k

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Could anyone inform me of the song played on this Ad. It's the one where O2 are offering free texts for life, it's a kind of a melody chorus. You know the one which all the faces change quickly on screen. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

smackyB wrote: »
    Anyone know the song that was used in the guiness ad where u had all those men flying around playing drums & guitar by slamming into them.. ended with the guy hiting a symbol whiched turned into the top of the pint.. u can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lH-5UP3I8k

According to Guinness.com, it was a piece recorded by Adamson-Wolfe , but I think it was made especially for the ad, I couldn't see the name of it on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

stevokelly wrote: »
    Ya dyin to know the name of that tune too....... it's savage.....anyone know??
    saso, type A jitters

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Hi.

If I'm out and hear a good song I usually try to save something about it in my phone to help find it afterwards. I was out friday night and i saved "tin tins the drums". Cryptic! I guess those were lyrics to the song in question. Does anyone have any idea what I might've been referring to? I can't remember a thing and google isn't helping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Try 'Great DJ' by The Ting Tings

There's a good chance you're referring to that. Absolute class tune!

EDIT: Video below..

EDIT 2: Wouldn't embed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJnsqGgxxM

Advertisement