Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

good man basquille! thats it, thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

saso, type A jitters

To extend to that, you can listen legally here :)

http://www.saso.co.uk/downloads.php

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Hi, Saw tv add on rte last night for Dublin, black and white with a single female vocal. Add finished with view of spire and song was about falling in love on sight, somthing like that, was in pub so a bit fuzzy but really liked the vocal and want to source the singer. All help appreciated

Hi, Unfortunately not Saso but thank you for making me aware of them. Excellent band.

Would appreciate any help with the above, you will know the add if you see it, think it could be tourist related for Dublin, black and white and really nice female vocal and lyric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Does anyone remember the bulmers ad from a few years ago that had this
    nice chanting and singing in it.

It was a simple ad showing some fella walking around the big wooden vats of cider.

Any ideas what the song was?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Does anyone remember the bulmers ad from a few years ago that had this
    nice chanting and singing in it.

It was a simple ad showing some fella walking around the big wooden vats of cider.

Any ideas what the song was?
    Might have been 'Who Loves The Sun' by The Velvet Underground

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

SumGuy wrote: »
    Might have been 'Who Loves The Sun' by The Velvet Underground

Not it - checked it on iTunes.

This music was more like Sadness by Enigma or one of those Gregorian Chant sytle yolks.

Thanks for the effort though :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Not it - checked it on iTunes.

This music was more like Sadness by Enigma or one of those Gregorian Chant sytle yolks.

Thanks for the effort though :)

If it was female vocals it was Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares. The song was Kalimankou Denkou (The Evening Gathering). The soloist on this recording was Yanka Rupkina who is probably better known for her contribution to Leftfields Song of Life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGn5DrSmCJc&feature=related
    (Sorry but I still don't know how to imbed youtube stuff)

If it was a more recent ad with male vocals then I'll chance me arm and say it was the Rustavi Choir.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Does anybody know what the music in the background during the beginning of the documentary on Cristiano Ronaldo on ITV4 was? Heres a clip:

http://www.footytube.com/2008/03/07/cristiano-ronaldo-the-story-so-far/

Its quite emotional music, I just have to have it! Anybody who can find it will be worshipped forever!

Heres the clip:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone know what the song is in the mcdonalds ads featuring stuff which was popular in the 80's (like hamburger?). Its 80 electronica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

Hi,

Does anyone know the title theme or the incidental music from the Seven Ages programmes? What are the various tunes called, or are they available to buy or online? (I have the series, but I'd like the music...)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Anyone know the name of the song on the Irish Army recruitment ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb0KKH0geYo

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thejennings

Does anyone know what the music from the ad for "Heroes" on Channel 6 is? (I can't find a clip unfortunately) Any help appreciated

The song is Neil Young- There's A World

Here's a link to the song on youtube- http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLPKwDF1ONk, don't mind the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thejennings

Hi, Unfortunately not Saso but thank you for making me aware of them. Excellent band.

Would appreciate any help with the above, you will know the add if you see it, think it could be tourist related for Dublin, black and white and really nice female vocal and lyric.

Its a band called the 6th, and the song is You You You You You. The album is Hyacinths and Thistles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

New vodafone ad with people dancing. DO NOT SAY HOTEL SONG BY REGINA SPEKTOR THIS IS A DIFFERENT SONG that goes "keep me moving, you keep me moving, keep me moving on and on and on"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

New vodafone ad with people dancing. DO NOT SAY HOTEL SONG BY REGINA SPEKTOR THIS IS A DIFFERENT SONG that goes "keep me moving, you keep me moving, keep me moving on and on and on"
    It's the new song by Cathy Davey called 'Moving' (shocking title choice, I know!).

Tis on her MySpace to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Thank you. Yahoo Answers kept saying Regina Spektor.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thank you. Yahoo Answers kept saying Regina Spektor.
    I'd say using Cathy Davey is a Vodafone Ireland campaign only.

Whereas Regina Spektor was used in a campaign for the UK & Ireland.

Heard a track on Tom Dunne's Pet Sounds either Tuesday or Wednesday night. It lasted less than a minute and was a stream-of-conscience type of monologue thing with loads of swearing. I didn't get the name of the track and the playlist on Todayfm.com doesn't help either although I think Tom said it was from a soundtrack. Any guesses?
    Thanks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

Hermy wrote: »
    Heard a track on Tom Dunne's Pet Sounds either Tuesday or Wednesday night. It lasted less than a minute and was a stream-of-conscience type of monologue thing with loads of swearing. I didn't get the name of the track and the playlist on Todayfm.com doesn't help either although I think Tom said it was from a soundtrack. Any guesses?
    Thanks.

Could it have been an extract from Fight Club, This is Your Life ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_uiGdJbZ0 ?

Thanks for the reply Estella but that's not it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Elfman

Ok i think this is Jonny

I dont know the words but story is lije this :

girl working in diner
    2 kids come in to diner point and sweets and ask how much the sweets are
    women says how much you got ?
    kis says 2 cents
    she says then there 1 cents each inn that case
    then this guy at the bar is like "there not 1 cents each"
    then leaveas a big tip

anyone know what i'm rambling about ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Howdy. Anyone know the song from this lynx ad? Googling the lyrics did nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

can any body id the song they use in the new
    vauxaul / opel car add .where ur man goes into the garage and the kids start messing with the car .any help cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 T_o_r_r_e_s

been wrecking my head last few weeks, does anyone know the song from the ad for all saints on tv3............thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

been wrecking my head last few weeks, does anyone know the song from the ad for all saints on tv3............thanks

Tom Baxter - Better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJDy9vxyqo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 T_o_r_r_e_s

THANKS ESTELLA ....................thats the song:):cool:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

I know it's not much but heard a song on phantom the other day, very catchy chorus beginning with 'control yourself'. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gero77

hi does anyone know the neame of a tercak its been on phantom fm a good few times in past month it has a kind of dancy intro and like a chorus of men saying all bout .... all about ... its drivin me mad cant find the name of it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

Anyone know what the music is used on Kylie Mingoues new Perfume ad is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cortor

Anyone know what the song is on the new Dublin City Ad?!

Advertisement