Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

whats the guitar hero song on the add with slash in it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

"you lips look like some suprise . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ." ? Ray Darcy plays it alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Its called some surprise i think, Gary lightbody (snow patrol) and lisa hannigan sing it and its on an album called cake sale, which was like a charity thingy and has songs from bellx1,snow patrol etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Mine turned out to be kids by MGMT, great tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I heard this song on the radio by a band with a female singer. It's kind of a punk type song and the only lyrics I remember are the ones that are repeated for ages:

"the drums the drums the drums the drums the drums.." etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I heard this song on the radio by a band with a female singer. It's kind of a punk type song and the only lyrics I remember are the ones that are repeated for ages:

"the drums the drums the drums the drums the drums.." etc.
    It's "Great DJ" by The Ting Tings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

^ Cheers. Will youtube it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dcx122

anybody know what the second last song of nothing but nineties on today fm was this friday, it was just before stop the rock but apollo 440. i only caught the last bit of it and i didnt get the name. it has a banjo sound to it. i remember it was one of the first singles i ever bought. i tryed searching for it but ive turned up nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Swamp Thing" by The Grid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pigiron

anyone know the name of the signature tune of dave fanning show? i'm fairly sure its rory gallagher but cant find name of song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 dcx122

BaZmO* wrote: »
    "Swamp Thing" by The Grid?

thank you so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Phantom 91

Song played on Beat 102-103 (Waterford) on Friday 21st march about Tea-time...

Its a 'scit' Irish Drinking song, but has a fast rhythm like a dance tune. It is hilarious....
    The chorus was 'Irish Paddy'..... (a bit like 'Get it into ya Cynthia')

Any help greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

HElp please, Nico, Song, "if I can save you anytime, come on baby give it to me I'll keep it with mine"

Name of song please,

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

HElp please, Nico, Song, "if I can save you anytime, come on baby give it to me I'll keep it with mine"

Name of song please,

Thanks

A quick stroll around the internet and this is what I found.
    Hope it helps.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'll_Keep_It_With_Mine

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

I'm looking for the song from the new clarks ad, you can see a woman at the start then it pans to her feet and stays there for most of the rest of the ad.
    Towards the end of the song she is walking on a jetty.

The lyrics are something about how many steps you take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I like that song on the apple computer add the really thin computer! any idea who sings it??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

king-stew wrote: »
    whats the guitar hero song on the add with slash in it??

"Slither" by Velvet Revolver...........the band he's currently(sort of)in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OK this might be obvious but I can't find it on 2fm's charts or youtube. There's a song out a few weeks with a young lady that sounds somewhat like Amy Winehouse, but it's not her. I think the video is in black and white and she's singing 'And I say no, no, no..'. I think she might also mention the word's 'release me'.......... (and it's not Oh Laura).

I know it's not much but it'd be much appreciated if anyone can tell me what song/singer it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

pigiron wrote:
    anyone know the name of the signature tune of dave fanning show? i'm fairly sure its rory gallagher but cant find name of song
    I know I answered this on another thread but for everyone else on this one... it's the first 44 seconds of Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well" :)
    eo980 wrote:
    OK this might be obvious but I can't find it on 2fm's charts or youtube. There's a song out a few weeks with a young lady that sounds somewhat like Amy Winehouse, but it's not her. I think the video is in black and white and she's singing 'And I say no, no, no..'. I think she might also mention the word's 'release me'.......... (and it's not Oh Laura).

I know it's not much but it'd be much appreciated if anyone can tell me what song/singer it is.

Is it "Mercy" by Duffy?

Bard, thank you very very much. That is indeed the song I was looking for. It was really annoying me that I didn't know what it was or where I could find it. Much appreciated sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Whereas it's just been annoying me, fullstop :pac:

Wertz wrote: »
    Whereas it's just been annoying me, fullstop :pac:

Heh Heh..... fair enough....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭macdave

was listening to tony fintan today and now ive got this song going around in my head. just have some of the lyrics. want to know the artist

" your the one for me for me ohoh ohoh"

its also on an add on the radio.

just want to download it so i can get it out of my head. sorry i dont know anymore of the lyrics but i think its out new.

david

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭macdave

got it its cathy davey - moving. my agony is over :).

found

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

macdave wrote: »
    got it its cathy davey - moving. my agony is over :).

found

Was trying to think of it, but had some other one going round my head! Yeah The T F would give that a blast .... every single day .... alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Whats the song on the ad for the Film "The Mexican" thats showing on RTE2 at the moment, it sounds a bit like the cribs or something to me...
    If anyone knows please advise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

? anyone id this song from a year or two ago - video with alot of animation in it and it finished up with this bloke and girl in a train in the underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

The song

Rock da boat is played at partys and Every1 gets on the ground and forms what looks like your Rocking the boat!

I looked on youtube and this stupid rock da boat comes up with some stupid dance.

So who is the Artist of Rock the boat? The one every1 literally rocks da boat to!!?????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

barcoe4 wrote: »
    So who is the Artist of Rock the boat? The one every1 literally rocks da boat to!!?????
    Hues Corporation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shawiing

Does ne body know that song from the rte ad for all the shows its showing in april?

Advertisement