Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Printer wrote: »
    The first had a bit in it going "one... two.... three..." im afraid thats all i can remember but i loved it! Please post if you know the songs im on about.
    Possibly '1 2 3 4' by Feist..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Thanks but thats not it im afraid, i had a feeling a lot of people might reply with that one. Its more electro-ish than that... if that makes sense.

Ive just noticed on the todayfm website that they post up his playlists from each night (obviously cos so many people want to know the songs he plays!!) but last Thursday isnt up yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 shels08

Hi, anyone know the solo in the burger king whopper ad??

http://www.visit4info.com/preview-flash.cfm?vm=0&type=3&adid=52816

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Anybody know r remember a dance song going back to 95-97, its mostly beat with a lady singing the word "rejoyce" near the end of it. I had though it was someone like Perfecto allstars for soem reason that name was in my head. anyone can shead light on this would would be great.
    Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kryan1 wrote: »
    Anybody know r remember a dance song going back to 95-97, its mostly beat with a lady singing the word "rejoyce" near the end of it. I had though it was someone like Perfecto allstars for soem reason that name was in my head. anyone can shead light on this would would be great.
    Kevin

Perfecto Allstarz - Reach Up (Pig Bag)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

PlayGirl wrote: »
    heard a song on 2fm (colm and jim jim breakfast show) a couple of times..

it goes something along the lines of "what kind of music do you like, do you like funky music"

thats the only line of it i remember but its been in my head all day ?
    they say 'music' like 'moosic' too if that helps :D

I Like Music, the new single by Republic of Loose.

Good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 snoopy1983086

First thanks for the Ghost song that was driving me crazy. Does anyone remember the A.I.B ad from last year or I think the year before - it was when the golf championship was on.....and the golfer was standing on top of a mountain(could have been cliffs or moher but I don't know) :rolleyes:
    anyway, the song with the ad was a classical song!!! Please does anyone remember it and know the song????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

First thanks for the Ghost song that was driving me crazy. Does anyone remember the A.I.B ad from last year or I think the year before - it was when the golf championship was on.....and the golfer was standing on top of a mountain(could have been cliffs or moher but I don't know) :rolleyes:
    anyway, the song with the ad was a classical song!!! Please does anyone remember it and know the song????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) thanks
    Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet: Requiem for a Dream (2000) 1 Summer: Summer Overture

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

anyone know what the song played on the radio recently is, it starts off with a ABBA remix, catchy enough tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Here is a challenge... I was listening to Dave Couse on Tom Dunnes show this evening, and he played a song with a chorus that was something like "A dog that wears clothes is still a dog".

I had to take a phone call before the end of it, so I missed the name/artist.

Its was very upbeat and catchy, and I'd love to know what it was... cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Anyone know an old enough rock song. It starts as some women singing ophra and then suddenly a few seconds later drums and guitars come on. Then a man sings the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Plug wrote: »
    Anyone know an old enough rock song. It starts as some women singing ophra and then suddenly a few seconds later drums and guitars come on. Then a man sings the rest.

I'm gonna say 'Inside' by Stiltskin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

kleefarr wrote: »
    Anyone know this track from the Sky EPG music...

Here's a small sound bite... SKY EPG MUSIC.

Kevin
    I don't think they use original recordings - they just get a bunch of session musicians to record a "muzak" track.

The fact that this one is jazz-funk takes me back to RTE in the 80s... /shudders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Evo wrote: »
    anyone know what the song played on the radio recently is, it starts off with a ABBA remix, catchy enough tune.

It's not actually an ABBA remix, just sounds a bit like Mamma Mia.

Ting Tings - Great DJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

SumGuy wrote: »
    I'm gonna say 'Inside' by Stiltskin
    Thats her. Nice one mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

"what did we ever do to them, forgot my black shoes, 2 fat pigs in an unmarked yaris"
    etc

It had a rap/hip hop feel to it, and basically told the story of two yokels who forgot their blacks shoes, couldn't get into a club and spent the night dodging trouble.

It was by an Irish artist. His name MIGHT have been "Macker" or suchlike.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Hey guys,

There's an ad running on Sky1 at the moment for the new Bones. They're in a car and it gets blown up. What's the tune in the background? Something about skulls and bones, sung by a woman... :confused:

Thanks!

EDIT - Actually , never mind. I pulled a finger out and googled it. Apparently it's M.i.A - Paper Planes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Penfold76 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Myself & my girlfriend (Sarah) have been trying to find it for the last few days too...
    ... but I found it tonight.

It's "Ghost" by Siobhan Donaghy, and you can get it on her myspace page:
    www.myspace.com/siobhandonaghyparlophone
    It's the first track on her player and if you click the download button, it'll download onto your desktop 4 U. I'm listening to it at the moment on CD that I just burnt... ...BRILLIANT!

PS Feel free to visit MY own MySpace music page,
    You might like my own stuff!
    It's...
    www.myspace.com/musicdavidmullen

Send me a comment letting me know it was you looking for that track (So I'll know)
    Great tast in music by the way,

Cheers,

Dave (Penfold)

You're a good man Dave. This one has been driving me crazy. Thinkin of recommending it to someone I know to sing.

To think I've been on boards all these years and I never knew this thread existed. Hours of surfing time wasted googling lyrics.

I hadn't a clue how to search for this particular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chigli

Sorry for vagueness of this, but does anyone know the name of a country song which is actually quite good and is really good to dance to -
    its a similar tune to the The Devil went down to Georgia ...

Thanks if you can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

Anybody know the song from this edit?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=i46_Gj4MGj8

its not in english so kind of hard to look up the lyrics unless you know the language :\

ty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

51st State Music Query
    Can anyone tell me the name of the track in the above film when
    Emily Mortiner is standing on the dock looking at Sam Jackson
    and Robert Carlyle on the rubbish barge?

It's got a great bassline.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

ciencin wrote: »
    Anybody know the song from this edit?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=i46_Gj4MGj8

its not in english so kind of hard to look up the lyrics unless you know the language :\

ty

Check the closing credits.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

New permanent tsb ad with the photo on your card thing...
    " all i want is a photo in my wallet.....":confused:#

whats the song called??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Blondie - Picture This

Hate that feckin' ad...and it's ruined a perfectly good tune too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

its Some catchy tune!! thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Tom puts his playlists online after each show so have a look here;
    http://todayfm.com/article.asp?id=639444

Hey,

Yeah I saw that alright but the playlist he has up for THursday April 3rd must be wrong cos he definately played Oasis first and its not on the list. I went through all the songs aswell and its the one Im looking for isnt there so if anyone can help...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

51st State Music Query
    Can anyone tell me the name of the track in the above film when
    Emily Mortiner is standing on the dock looking at Sam Jackson
    and Robert Carlyle on the rubbish barge?

It's got a great bassline.

Don't know offhand, but you can get the soundtrack listings for just about any film or tv episode on imdb

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Could someone tell me the name of the song on one of the new vodafone ad's? It is the one with acoustic guitar and what sounds like a wah pedal being used. Really cool sound to it...

Advertisement