Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Allo,

Anyone know the song from the new ad for ER on RTE?

Cheers :)

If i'm remembering correctly, its a Siobhan Donaghy track. (not ghosts that was used on another ad) maybe 'dont give up'.

LOTP wrote: »
    Heard/Saw a song/video on e4 music this morning. IT contained the line 'pray the voices in your head wont be there when you're dead.....' or something like that, and the video involved a marionette/puppet of the lead singer who had blond hair.....

Any ideas?

Wish i had just kept an eye out for the feckin title...

The only male blond haired puppet i can think of is this but not sure it contains the line your looking for and its not new! did you ever find out what it was:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

hi, im wondering does anyone know the song in the latest lost ad on rte?

cheers

I asked here earlier, 'cause I've had a few people asking me, but I haven't actually seen the ad, so I'm not sure. It's not this, is it?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=qv4QBRS-U50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

no, thats not it unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 nadimmu

Does anyone know the Nature Valley soundtrack. The lastest one that's usually on RTE Two.

Thanks,

PS (The song was also played in another ITV advert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

kerash wrote: »
    If i'm remembering correctly, its a Siobhan Donaghy track. (not ghosts that was used on another ad) maybe 'dont give up'.

That's it, genius, cheers big ears, etc. Feck it so, I'm gonna go whole hog and get her whole album now. Better late than never...

[randomnessofftopic] Jeez, whoever comes up with the promos in RTÉ seems to get fierce into one artist for a month or so at a time... And I remember two years ago, them using Hands Open by Snow Patrol just after the album came out on a sport promo, with the line "Put Surfjan Stevens on, we'll play your favourite song, Chicago bursts to light" and then using that very song two weeks later on another ad! Gosh, predictable. Can they not think of any cool indie alt rock future pop artists who don't use instruments yet? [/randomofftopicness]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 nadimmu

hey guys, well i found the song, its called Live Spark, although heres the link:
    http://www.sakuranotes.jp/Disc1972.html
    howsever i cant find it on any other website except this one. Not even on the iTunes music store, so im not so sure if thats the right band. Cant find it on amazon either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just a guess on the ad for Lost on RTÉ2...only heard a bit of it once, but it sounded like Annie Lennox....and she has a track called Lost...
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaRBs0-shE

This it?

Wertz wrote: »
    Just a guess on the ad for Lost on RTÉ2...only heard a bit of it once, but it sounded like Annie Lennox....and she has a track called Lost...
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaRBs0-shE

This it?

That is it! Well done, you deserve some thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Wertz, you are a superhero. Thank Christ for that, thank you. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I can get some sleep now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

some dance song played on spin 2day, i know it to hear old, either 90's or early naghties, i think the title is 'i want to be you' or something like that!!!! HELP HELP i want this song

all the talk about lcd soundsystem... check out these tracks if thats your thing

lcd soundsystm - daft punk is playing at my house
    css - alala
    css - off the hook
    hadouken - get smashed gate crash <<< savage
    block party - flux
    hot chip - ready for the floor
    justice - D A N C E
    The Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
    The Klaxons - It's not Over Yet
    The Klaxons - Golden Skans

there all electronic sorta stuff, all great.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

What is the song on the Road Safety Authority ad where the car hits
    the young couple and pins them to the wall

It goes "I can't take my eyes off you"

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What is the song on the Road Safety Authority ad where the car hits
    the young couple and pins them to the wall

It goes "I can't take my eyes off you"

Any ideas?

You'd have to look back through this thread to a time when the ad first came out, but from what I can remember, it was written specially for the ad and is not available to buy.

i found what i was looking for :D Chocolate Puma - I Wanna Be You

AMAZING

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Ok, there's a reggae track, I've no idea who sings it or what it's called, but the chorus starts with "nightmaaaaaares", so I was presuming the track was called 'nightmares'. It's quite slow moving, and the singer sounds like he is a bit older.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone know the song on the new waitrose ad? I heard it before on a woodstock documentary, it has flute in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've heard a catchy chorus a few times while I've been out and about. Unfortunately all I can remember is the following:

Run run run run run run run .... away.

It's sung by a guy if that helps narrow it down at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Run run run run run run run .... away.

Would it ever be Talking Heads - Psyho Killer?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone know the song on the new waitrose ad? I heard it before on a woodstock documentary, it has flute in it.

I haven't seen the ad, but Woodstock + Flute reminds me of Goin' up the Country by Canned Heat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Cianos wrote: »
    I haven't seen the ad, but Woodstock + Flute reminds me of Goin' up the Country by Canned Heat?

That's it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hermy wrote: »
    Would it ever be Talking Heads - Psyho Killer?

That's the one, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

lads

whats the fairly new song that one of the lyrics is "gotta have more time BUD".. or something like that
    he repeats it a few times too

it was on the radio today and i think its a fairly new song .. its been on Today Fm before and Ray Darcy has played it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Song on the new bud light ad.It's the one where he uses a remote control helicopter to clip his hedges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Song on the new bud light ad.It's the one where he uses a remote control helicopter to clip his hedges.
    That's the theme tune to the old tv series Airwolf, composed by Sylvester Levay. Great tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Thanks for that man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

The song goes, " And it really really really could happen..."

It was on Celebrity Bainisteoir as the Final whistle went and everyone was chearing as Maryland Won. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

barcoe4 wrote: »
    The song goes, " And it really really really could happen..."

It was on Celebrity Bainisteoir as the Final whistle went and everyone was chearing as Maryland Won. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    It was Joe Dolan covering Blur's "The Universal"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

*Listens to it*
    *Slams down Laptop and f***s it at the cat*

ChEeRz mate!:D:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Whats the name of this Dance tune, its starts off like "release me" and then it gets into it goes a bit like this "and I want you to believe that i get caught up on the rain" and "I have seen it in this sad world"

I think Mare Brennan sings it, cant get the name. Its a fairly popular tune. It was in a visit Belfast advert.
    Please help.

Advertisement