Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

BaRcOe wrote: »
    I can feel you *something*

I wanna take you there..

What is this song i need it??

P.S is there something Wrong with youtube???

any more info - male or female vocals, tempo, genre, old/new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

kerash wrote: »
    any more info - male or female vocals, tempo, genre, old/new?

its a female, its an old song.

blah blah blah blah blah
    i wanna take you there

heaven help me (beat comes in)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Evo wrote: »

Its called "House of Sin" by "zZz".

I cant find it on youtube, but you can listen to a sample of it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

anyone know what this tune is in the background of the new o2 ad

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=b94E9oW5B30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know the instrumental (piano) music used during the X factor auditions and live shows?

It's similar enough to Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death.

THANKS! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

zenzen wrote: »
    anyone know what this tune is in the background of the new o2 ad

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=b94E9oW5B30
    Daedelus - Fair Weather Friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lizeire

BaRcOe wrote: »
    its a female, its an old song.

blah blah blah blah blah
    i wanna take you there

heaven help me (beat comes in)
    Is it Madonnas' Like a Prayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

misty76 wrote: »
    Hi i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about the song above, i heard it on the channel 4 show the family when the daughter was getting ready to go out and also on hollyoaks.. they are female singers sound bit like girls aloud butnot them.. Thanks all..

[FONT=&quot]http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nWK0ndbgp2g[/FONT]

Have a sound clip here that I got off the channel four programme "The Family". Look forward to seeing if anyone can solve the mystery of the name of the song and artist. lol :)

misty76 wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nWK0ndbgp2g[/FONT]

Have a sound clip here that I got off the channel four programme "The Family". Look forward to seeing if anyone can solve the mystery of the name of the song and artist. lol :)

Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It

Lizeire wrote: »
    Is it Madonnas' Like a Prayer?

YES LIZ THANK YOU

You are officially my new favourite person :D;)!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

does anyone know the song in the tv3 ad where tv3 promotes their online website....visually the ad looks really sleek and modern and the song is a bit of a dance song

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

kerash wrote: »
    Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It

Thanks a million Kerash :D:D....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Roisindearg

Oops, I post this Q outside this thread, didn't realise this thread was exclusively for this sorry :confused:

Dying to find out what the music in the new 02 Advert is? this add is the one about internet on the new Nokia (?) fones I think, with a guy checking out various websites on the fone. If anybody could help, would be great ta!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Oops, I post this Q outside this thread, didn't realise this thread was exclusively for this sorry :confused:

Dying to find out what the music in the new 02 Advert is? this add is the one about internet on the new Nokia (?) fones I think, with a guy checking out various websites on the fone. If anybody could help, would be great ta!

Cheers

Look up a few posts for the 02 one. It's Daedalus - Fair Weather Friends

Thanks, much appreciated!

erm what is the name of the song that ray darcy was playing during the summer - camisata negra or something along those lines was part of the lyrics.

Its by Juanes- La Camisa Negra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

First song is a kind of a dance/pop tune, its a girl singing, it goes like this a bit:
    "remember meeeeeeee and the world to hell and baby aring dinga ding"

Second song is from the blizzard I think. It goes like "hay you how can you" I Think the name of the song is reasons. I cant get it on youtube.
    cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Plug wrote: »
    Second song is from the blizzard I think. It goes like "hay you how can you" I Think the name of the song is reasons. I cant get it on youtube.
    cheers lads.
    Think it's "Reasons (How Do I Qualify?)" by The Blizzards alright.

Plug wrote: »
    First song is a kind of a dance/pop tune, its a girl singing, it goes like this a bit:
    "remember meeeeeeee and the world to hell and baby aring dinga ding"
    Blueboy - Remember Me

Thanks a million lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone know the name of the song that is playing in this clip, from 34 secs on (when he is telling the dog to shoo). It's doing my nut in.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

Simply Red wrote: »
    Its called "House of Sin" by "zZz".

I cant find it on youtube, but you can listen to a sample of it here.

legend! Thanks a million! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone know the name of the song that is playing in this clip, from 34 secs on (when he is telling the dog to shoo). It's doing my nut in.

Mr. Mister - "Kyrie"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Thanking you good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

This is probably incredibly vague, but it's been wrecking my head for days now. Im not sure if the song is recent or not, but I know it's pretty popular. Problem is, I only know recognise this one riff from it, but its replayed over and over in the song and I'd guess most people would only recognise that part of the song too. In fact I'm nearly positive everyone hear would know know it if they heard it.

The riff itself is played on some synthesized instrument, starts low and gets higher and higer pitch wise before going down again. For any of you musicians out there it goes A, B, C#, E and then F#,G#, F#, E, C# and finally B.....ring any bells?

The synth noise is pretty similar to the one in this song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axq5JnPsYSg

Also, when the riff is playing, it's JUST that riff, no main chorus melody above it or anything.

EDIT: Aka, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFD5b3gMl04

I'm humming it right now as I'm typing and it's seriously doing my head in. Any advice?

2nd EDIT: Never mind, found out what it is. MGMT - Kids

The song near the start of, "How to loose friends and alienate people".

Its when he's on the coloured tiled dance floor that lights up. The tune has a hard beat, lovely Base and its Dance. I think its this song but in the movie there were no vocals which I dont want.?

When it came on I was like " I have to have that tune!!!"
    Also the song by Robyn, "With Every HeartBeat"

What mix was it that was used in the movie, it was the best mix of the tune Ive heard and I need it. :D

What was the first song yesterday on the ray darcy show, it was a man singing. Its an Irish song I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I happened to be suffering through TRDS (that acronym is begging to have an A in there) yesterday and I'm pretty sure it was Lost Weekend by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions. May be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Heard a really nice song very late on Today fm during last week - I work nights and it was played the three nights I was at work at about 4am, unfortunately there was no announcements as to what it was - I think they play continious music around that time so no playlists on their website either.

It was a female singer - whose voice was familiar but couldn't place it and the melody was chinese type melodic sort of - I know, very vague, I am working this evening so I will listen out and maybe get some lyrics, anyway if it sounds familar (!!) to anyone please feel free to post some suggestions. I will know if if I hear it again.
    cheers..
    r

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Hey guys. As far as I remember this beautiful track was out in the late 90s.

SAMPLE:
    http://www.condraonline.com/files/sample1.mp3

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement