Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

heard a very bad accoustic cover version of Britney's "Piece of Me" today, and was asked to find out who it was
    had a woman and a bloke singing, and the word Britney was replaced by b***h in the song

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What is the name of the music that starts at around 0.20 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZ5st0hraA

Prodigy- Spitfire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrmf283dSXw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The first bit is, but at 0:20 something else kicks in.

Sorry taught you said before 0:20...cant help ya with the other one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Just before the NZ-Munster game there was a piece on the 1978 Munster team which had interviews with the players ect, there was a piece of music on it-which i always hear but don't know what its called any ideas?

Linky here to RTE video section, click on the 'Munster 78' tab, 50 seconds in-i'm sure somebody knows it.

I would be beholdent to the person who tells me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

themont85 wrote: »
    Just before the NZ-Munster game there was a piece on the 1978 Munster team which had interviews with the players ect, there was a piece of music on it-which i always hear but don't know what its called any ideas?

Linky here to RTE video section, click on the 'Munster 78' tab, 50 seconds in-i'm sure somebody knows it.

I would be beholdent to the person who tells me.

Brian Eno - "An Ending"

Thank you , your a true gent. I've been looking for that gem for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

This is a clip from the recent UFC event. What is the song that starts about 4:20 in for the fighter Gonzaga??

Great tune. Classic. Just can't think of it! Thik it may have been in a GTA game before.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Gabriel_Gonzaga_vs__Josh_Hendricks_UFC_91?vid=10002145&tid=100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Fizman wrote: »
    This is a clip from the recent UFC event. What is the song that starts about 4:20 in for the fighter Gonzaga??

Great tune. Classic. Just can't think of it! Thik it may have been in a GTA game before.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Gabriel_Gonzaga_vs__Josh_Hendricks_UFC_91?vid=10002145&tid=100

Danzig -Mother

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone help me with this one

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=1dkJecd2zTw

*Edit youtube thingy didn't seemto be working.

• Advertisement

any1 know the song from the old guinness ad....i think its called blitscreig pop(sorry for the bad spelling)

any1 know the music played during the cafe on rte2 when the celebrity is about to throw the darts aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone help me with this one

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=1dkJecd2zTw

*Edit youtube thingy didn't seemto be working.

"Sirius" by the Alan Parsons Project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 captainb

Anyone know a song from the 80's that had lyrics that went something like

"How come the girl you fancy doesn't fancy you and the ones you don't, do".

For "fancy", possibly substitute "like".

The band were some one-hit-wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

coffey-16 wrote: »
    any1 know the song from the old guinness ad....i think its called blitscreig pop(sorry for the bad spelling)

Is it Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones? Or if ya mean that jazzy instrumental with that eejit dancing, that was on years ago, its called Guaglione by Perez Prado (dont ask!!)

Ive a couple of weird ones:

1. That epic piano thing thats in films and that when someone is strugglin to finish a race or somethin. Sounds something like the attachment:

2. The vodafone hold music, (think they might have used it on a TV ad aswell)
    Kinda boppy, with female vocals and the first few lyrics go somethin like "He'll be the one for me, even if he do me wrong....he's the one ill bend for, when i bend i break....ah ha ah ha" chorus is somethin like "move me, keepin on movin, keepin on move ah ha ah ha ah ha etc"

thanks for any help!

coyle

Vangelis - Chariots of Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

coffey-16 wrote: »
    Vangelis - Chariots of Fire

nice one, much appreciated!

Anyone know the Vodafone one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mojawoja wrote: »
    Folks, this one is wreckin' my head: Irish folk song, something to do with WWI, (not Waltzing Matilda), chorus goes a little like so:

:pac: Did you da da da daaa, did band play slowly
    Did they da da daaa, as they carried you away :pac:
    I think it's the "Green Fields Of France" but some of your lyrics are off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Anyone know the name of the tune on the Ad for the new channel 4 program Catastrophe with Tony Robinson

It sounds a bit like Roy Orbison

Anybody know the music The Sunday Times ad? Its a piano piece, sounds like Yann Thiesen but I thrawled through my itunes and can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Guys,
    There's a song Bill Bailey plays about 2.50 mins into this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrVhnRNZF4

It goes from then til 3.35. I know the song very well and it's killin me trying to think of it, the part I recognise best is the riff part around 3.11 til 3.16. It just different enough from the original to throw me.
    Apologies if it turns out to be Westlife or someone, but I have a strong feeling it's a good old Rock tune from someone like Led Zepp or Jimmy Hendrix

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Fantastic stuff but all I can make out is Dueling Banjos.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Some class stuff alright-that instrument your man has is unreal. I think it's some Afghan version of a sitar, which looks even harder to play

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

By your man, I take it you don't mean Bill.
    He's playing an electric sitar like Steely Dan used in Do It Again, I think.

Genealogy Forum Mod

No, I mean the instrument that the guy sitting down has, the Indian lad

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭osnoyl

any one know the song in the toyota yaris add on tv , at the end it says days like these,, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

can anyone tell me what song this is.... I only know a few lines from it...

"tell you want, if i can shake it, im going to make this something worth dreaming of. i can say i hope it will be worth, what i give up. i can stand up me, before the things that i belive."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

can anyone tell me what song this is.... I only know a few lines from it...

"tell you want, if i can shake it, im going to make this something worth dreaming of. i can say i hope it will be worth, what i give up. i can stand up me, before the things that i belive."

Santogold - L.E.S Artistes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Remember hearing on the radio a few years ago a country song. It was played along with Steve Martin's version of "Poisoning Pidgeons in the Park" so it was played as a kind of novelty section (Although I'm not sure if the song was intended to be a novelty song) It's a brilliantly bad song with lyrics along the likes of:

There's a soldier there in Belfast who will not shoot a child
    He's the hero of this song

The chorus was along those lines: S/he's the hero of this song. Or something similar but have had no luck so far finding any info online.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Emma08

anyone know the name of this song can only remember a few lines.... 'so what so hes 6ft tall so what so he plays football'...... anyone have any ideas??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

JæKæ wrote: »
    Guys,
    There's a song Bill Bailey plays about 2.50 mins into this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrVhnRNZF4

It goes from then til 3.35. I know the song very well and it's killin me trying to think of it, the part I recognise best is the riff part around 3.11 til 3.16. It just different enough from the original to throw me.
    Apologies if it turns out to be Westlife or someone, but I have a strong feeling it's a good old Rock tune from someone like Led Zepp or Jimmy Hendrix

Is it froggy went a courting??

Advertisement