Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

doubletalk wrote: »
    pull shapes by the pipettes perchance?

I'm so impressed. Thanks a million :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i need help finding a song..im almost certain its called i will love again' its a dance tune but cant for the life of me find it anywhere..youtube has loads of different versions of it..the way the woman says 'i will love again' is wrong..maybe if i give you an example of the song its like then it might help

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbbdoDX0Po

cheers for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cortor

Ok....please no judgement on this one....

But theres an ad running on MTV at the moment for new episodes of The Hills....anyone know the music played in the ad? It's mainly a piano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Is it disguise by jag star?

Thats for the season 3 trailer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    i need help finding a song..im almost certain its called i will love again' its a dance tune but cant for the life of me find it anywhere..youtube has loads of different versions of it..the way the woman says 'i will love again' is wrong..maybe if i give you an example of the song its like then it might help

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbbdoDX0Po

cheers for the help!

This it? Its kind of a shot in the dark!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=3kFUbaiGCHs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cortor

Is it disguise by jag star?

Thats for the season 3 trailer:D

Ya that's it!!! Thanks a mill!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

croucher wrote: »
    hi, this has been wrecking my head for ages . . there is a overlay song on a newstalk 106 barack obama montage at the moment, i can hardly pick up any of the lyrics bit I think "it's a beautiful day" is in the chorus, I also heard it on the telly on that program called Secret Millionaire as another overlay song. The song has a big string section in it as well (heavy on violins) . . thanks

Could it possibly be "One Day Like This" by Elbow?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Does anyone know what film the music at the start of this is from? Or who it's from?

http://www.jinglenews.com/audio/secret/boards_rw.mp3

Its the theme from forrest Gump by Alan Silvestri

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

There's an ad on ITV 2 for its new year line up, trying to find out what the music is in the background. Stuck in my head now.
    Not sure if its a real song or a bed track, but it sounds too good to be a bed track...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

whats the name of this piece of music, its used in the episode where homer gets his hair back using a hair product, it was an old episode. When he gets "the key", theres some very interesting music being played in Mr. Burns hall. The episode is called simpson-and-delilah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Hi. Im trying to find a piece of music from Top Gear. I know that the artist name is Hybrid and the the name of the tune is Finished Symphony but the only version I can find is a dance remix. The version I want is called the soundtrack edit so im told but I cant find it anywhere. Help please....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is for identifying music only, not offering BT links ...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Hey,

I'm looking for a song which was a sort of hit a few years ago. I thought it was by morcheba but I can't source it online.

It was acoustic and the only lyric I can remember is the chorus where the girl is singing "I love you-u, I love you-u"

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

trying to find a song that was a theme tune to a english produced kids programme on the den in the late nineties/early nouties,from what i remember it was about these kids who where in a soccer team,it was also on an ad promoting australia as a tourist destenation.

also looking for a song that was on the coors light ad last year (and its not saso type a jitters) the same song was on an ad for a tg4 talent show.
    please please help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

hoff1 wrote: »
    trying to find a song that was a theme tune to a english produced kids programme on the den in the late nineties/early nouties,from what i remember it was about these kids who where in a soccer team,it was also on an ad promoting australia as a tourist destenation.

also looking for a song that was on the coors light ad last year (and its not saso type a jitters) the same song was on an ad for a tg4 talent show.
    please please help:)
    Possibly
    Manic Street Preachers - Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

ya thats the song thanks alot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Anybody know the music used in the Eli Stone ads on Bravo/Hallmark and Sci-Fi when George Michael was appearing in one episode?

I've a feeling it's a George Michael song. It's just a pretty fast acoustic guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Just guessing, but I'd say it's probably the intro bit to Faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

No, it's definitely not Faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

engrish? wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking for a song which was a sort of hit a few years ago. I thought it was by morcheba but I can't source it online.

It was acoustic and the only lyric I can remember is the chorus where the girl is singing "I love you-u, I love you-u"

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Was on an episode of Prison Break. Lyrics like "faces all around me they don't smile" or something. Tried googling but no joy:S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

There was a song on just after the Munster v Sale game playing over the clips showing upcoming games. It was a kind of inde rock song with a girl singing. Part of it went something like "Oh my God ____ _____ control, Oh my God ____ ____ control"

Anyone know the song Im on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Was on an episode of Prison Break. Lyrics like "faces all around me they don't smile" or something. Tried googling but no joy:S

If it's this you really couldn't have googled and not found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

If it's this you really couldn't have googled and not found it!

Yes thanks :D I did find some lyrics but thought but didn't think that was it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭TedDiBiase

I'm trying to find both the artist and the name of a song from the 90's that I had heard several times on the Dave Fanning night time show and even recorded on tape, which has been lost over the years. I'll try my best to describe it...

The song itself was in a spoken monologue voice with a little acoustic guitar behind it, very like Arab Strap/Aidan Moffat's voice and was about a boy and girl and their relationship. I seem to remember him saying something about them walking on the beach and she turns to him and says "Do you want to take my hand" and then he says "Take it where??", something along those lines anyway - that was the main part of the song.

Does anyone have any ideas???? I've googled the crap out of the lyrics, trust me, there's no sign of it on the Internet!! :rolleyes:

TedDiBiase wrote: »
    I'm trying to find both the artist and the name of a song from the 90's that I had heard several times on the Dave Fanning night time show and even recorded on tape, which has been lost over the years. I'll try my best to describe it...

The song itself was in a spoken monologue voice with a little acoustic guitar behind it, very like Arab Strap/Aidan Moffat's voice and was about a boy and girl and their relationship. I seem to remember him saying something about them walking on the beach and she turns to him and says "Do you want to take my hand" and then he says "Take it where??", something along those lines anyway - that was the main part of the song.

Does anyone have any ideas???? I've googled the crap out of the lyrics, trust me, there's no sign of it on the Internet!! :rolleyes:

If it's this http://www.lyricsdownload.com/looper-impossible-things-2-lyrics.html
    http://www.myspace.com/looperama
    oy said, "Do you want to take my hand?" and the girl said, "Take it where?". And although he afterwards thought he should have said, "Everywhere", he only just mumbled.
    it's Looper Impossible Things #2, if not - thanks anyway because I was trying to remember that song myself for a long while:)

There's an ad on ITV 2 for its new year line up, trying to find out what the music is in the background. Stuck in my head now.
    Not sure if its a real song or a bed track, but it sounds too good to be a bed track...

I think it's Florence and the machine - Dog days are over

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭TedDiBiase

kerash wrote: »
    If it's this http://www.lyricsdownload.com/looper-impossible-things-2-lyrics.html
    http://www.myspace.com/looperama
    it's Looper Impossible Things #2, if not - thanks anyway because I was trying to remember that song myself for a long while:)

Oh my god, you are the biggest legend ever!! Seriously!!

I've been looking for that song for absolutely years!!! Did it take you long to find it???

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Anyone know this song.

It's a duet sung by Irish singers, one guy and maybe the girl out of the Corrs. It isn't Summer wine. The basis of the song is about them falling in love. It was def 5 years ago or more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

kerash wrote: »
    I think it's Florence and the machine - Dog days are over

Cheers, thats the one alright!

Advertisement