Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

TedDiBiase wrote: »
    Oh my god, you are the biggest legend ever!! Seriously!!

I've been looking for that song for absolutely years!!! Did it take you long to find it???

It's taken me as long as the last time I heard it on the radio! And I'm nearly 100% positive the first time I heard it was on Uaneen Fitzsimons show, now she was a legend.:)

No I remembered that track and wanted to find it so from reading your post to finding it took about 1/2hr.
    The key was the typewriter sound - stuck that into google along with some other key words (Scottish) and guess what I found;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52629724&postcount=286

Then I had the name and I found the myspace. Then I was happy:D

Anyone know this song.

It's a duet sung by Irish singers, one guy and maybe the girl out of the Corrs. It isn't Summer wine. The basis of the song is about them falling in love. It was def 5 years ago or more.

Bono and the Corrs did 'When the stars go blue' which is a Ryan Adams song I think?
    but I have a feeling you may be referring to something else...
    Any other clues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

kerash wrote: »
    Bono and the Corrs did 'When the stars go blue' which is a Ryan Adams song I think?
    but I have a feeling you may be referring to something else...
    Any other clues?

Cool... got myself the top investigator:D

Thats not it, it is a soft sweet song/ballad, it's about how they fell in love but are unsure how the other feels, I can only remember the theme. I've looked for it a few times with no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭TedDiBiase

It's taken me as long as the last time I heard it on the radio! And I'm nearly 100% positive the first time I heard it was on Uaneen Fitzsimons show, now she was a legend.:)

No I remembered that track and wanted to find it so from reading your post to finding it took about 1/2hr.
    The key was the typewriter sound - stuck that into google along with some other key words (Scottish) and guess what I found;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52629724&postcount=286

Then I had the name and I found the myspace. Then I was happy:D

If you were a girl I'd marry you!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Does anyone know the song out of the Muller ad with the two lads dancing?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thats not it, it is a soft sweet song/ballad, it's about how they fell in love but are unsure how the other feels, I can only remember the theme. I've looked for it a few times with no joy!
    Would it be Friends in Time by The Golden Horde?

Genealogy Forum Mod

barnicles wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song out of the Muller ad with the two lads dancing?

Thanks
    There's one with 2unlimited - no limit and another has EMF - Unbelievable...I think!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Whats ths one: its a kid of dancy tune, ibiza anthem type song and the tune is real cool, could be played on a sax maybe? but some bloke kinda ruins the song by talking/singin in a deep voice, i think the main word he says is "relax". I think it was out before but ive heard it on the radio a few times recently!

I can play the bloody thing on my guitar right now but i need the name arrrghhhhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LowEndFreq

king-stew wrote: »
    Whats ths one: its a kid of dancy tune, ibiza anthem type song and the tune is real cool, could be played on a sax maybe? but some bloke kinda ruins the song by talking/singin in a deep voice, i think the main word he says is "relax". I think it was out before but ive heard it on the radio a few times recently!

I can play the bloody thing on my guitar right now but i need the name arrrghhhhh!!

Think it's called infinity? by Guru Josh project... check it out to see if that's it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

LowEndFreq wrote: »
    Think it's called infinity? by Guru Josh project... check it out to see if that's it...

Thank you my good man, you are quite right!

However my little sister beat you to it thanks to my fine guitar skills :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Looking for a Smiths song were they are on bicycles cycling through a housing estate / flats area in the video

Cheers

Trilla wrote: »
    Looking for a Smiths song were they are on bicycles cycling through a housing estate / flats area in the video

Cheers
    Stop me if you think you've heard this one before

hmm......I started something I couldnt finish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Started_Something_I_Couldn%27t_Finish
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LowEndFreq

anyone know the song with Akon and Rick Ross? the video looks as if they're in a city, and there's a few other rappers in the song.. it's a fairly gangster-ish song!

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before

hmm......I started something I couldnt finish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Started_Something_I_Couldn%27t_Finish
    :P

I've seen the same video used for a few songs - possibly What difference does it make too, which may have been the original.

Hermy wrote: »
    Would it be Friends in Time by The Golden Horde?

Thanks, thats a great song, but not the one.

Sorry on lack of info, looked for it last night but don't have much to go on. Only that they are falling in love and the words and all i want(ed) is you. Maybe:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm looking for a music video which features a mime robbing a bank.

Does anyone know it?

Thanks, thats a great song, but not the one.

Sorry on lack of info, looked for it last night but don't have much to go on. Only that they are falling in love and the words and all i want(ed) is you. Maybe:confused:

Omg, I badly want to know what it is you're on about!!
    Lyrics are a good starting point.
    Can you rule out any artists ie. is it bono or definitely not bono.
    fast or slow, guitars, anything identifiable, was it play on the radio a lot, a hit or more obscure? etc.

from the lyrics the first thing that comes to mind is U2-all I want is you, it was covered by Bellefire(Irish girl group) but that wasnt a duet afaik so....
    :confused:

Omg, I badly want to know what it is you're on about!!
    Lyrics are a good starting point.
    Can you rule out any artists ie. is it bono or definitely not bono.
    fast or slow, guitars, anything identifiable, was it play on the radio a lot, a hit or more obscure? etc.

from the lyrics the first thing that comes to mind is U2-all I want is you, it was covered by Bellefire(Irish girl group) but that wasnt a duet afaik so....
    :confused:

very slow and soft. the mood is one of uncertainty, they have never been together before, but are falling in love. Very similar in style to D Rice but before his time. I thought it may have been Brian Kennedy but couldn't find him singing any duet that fitted.

Heard it on the radio a couple of times only. it's not Bono. It's a head wreak

THis has been wrecking my head for a while.

That Thin Lizzy song in the Brennan's bread ad. It's not on their greatest hits & I cant remember the bloody name! Help!

THis has been wrecking my head for a while.

That Thin Lizzy song in the Brennan's bread ad. It's not on their greatest hits & I cant remember the bloody name! Help!

Running Back, I think.
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=U05cmlY7E78

• Advertisement

very slow and soft. the mood is one of uncertainty, they have never been together before, but are falling in love. Very similar in style to D Rice but before his time. I thought it may have been Brian Kennedy but couldn't find him singing any duet that fitted.

Heard it on the radio a couple of times only. it's not Bono. It's a head wreak
    I'll bet my house its 'I hope that I dont fall in love with you' pretty sure Juliet Turner and Brian Kennedy did a cover. :D

high five?:cool:

:eek:High five :D your house is safe>

That is amazing, do you possess some sort of super mind searching ability?, come on I didn't even know what I was thinking.

Thanks mate, goggled it and am listening to it now, lovely song.

I'm big time impressed, nice 1 and thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Does anyone know the name of the person that sings a song called change. It starts off with some - la la la la type of words. I think its a new song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Did a thread search for HIBERNIAN and nothing came up.
    Does anyone know the tune they play on the current Hibernian advert?

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Think its laura izibor and a song called shine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Just heard it on Spin but missed the name. Its an old kinda dance song probably from the 90s. Goes like this:

Down down down d-down,
    down down,
    down down down d-down,
    down down,
    down down down d-down

and so on.........

Anyone have any idea?? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

whats that classical piece that they use for sky sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Hunty wrote: »
    Just heard it on Spin but missed the name. Its an old kinda dance song probably from the 90s. Goes like this:

Down down down d-down,
    down down,
    down down down d-down,
    down down,
    down down down d-down

and so on.........

Anyone have any idea?? Thanks

Get Down by Paul Johnson perhaps?
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=DDwxhHwJ66M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Yep! Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The song currently being used in the ad for little miss sunshine on RTE 1.
    Its driving me feckin mental.Think it may have featured in Scrubs too but not 100%

Advertisement