Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Heard an old dance tune on Kiss a couple of hours back and hit the Track ID option in my phone to get the name. It came up with Summer Jam '03, Underdog Project, DJ Franks Summermix. So I looked it up on You Tube and it is not the track that the ID came up for. However it maybe a dance remix Im after that uses the same melody but the Track ID got mixed up.

Anyway the tune I'm after has a nice bit of a sax tune in it and no lyrics... does anyone know the version ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

The add where theres 2 children and there eyebrows are dancing and theres funky robotic music on it.

What music is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Whats the name of that song, they play it on the Radio a lot these days. The chorus goes "Hey you.......(something or another)........Hey You....etc"?

It has guitars and the chorus echos on the "hey you" part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

nedtheshed wrote: »
    The song currently being used in the ad for little miss sunshine on RTE 1.
    Its driving me feckin mental.Think it may have featured in Scrubs too but not 100%
    Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

kerash wrote: »
    Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

A millions thanks mate.HMV for me in the morning!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Joebits wrote: »
    The add where theres 2 children and there eyebrows are dancing and theres funky robotic music on it.

What music is this?

Don't Stop the Rock by Freestyle.

kerash wrote: »

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

does anyone know whats the classical piece they use on sky sports news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Whats the name of that song, they play it on the Radio a lot these days. The chorus goes "Hey you.......(something or another)........Hey You....etc"?

It has guitars and the chorus echos on the "hey you" part.

The Blizzards' The Reason? Chorus goes 'Hey, you, how do i qualify for, hey, you....'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Ideo wrote: »
    The Blizzards' The Reason? Chorus goes 'Hey, you, how do i qualify for, hey, you....'

Yep thats it. Nice one:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

freyners wrote: »
    does anyone know whats the classical piece they use on sky sports news

Not sure but here's a few they've used recently:

Moloko - The Time Is Now
    Deepest Blue - Shooting Star
    Escala - String Quartet (used for new season promo)
    Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Thank you so much
    It was the Clint Mansell one i was looking for:D
    Although they're all class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

hey guys

long shot but Im looking for the artist and song I came across on youtube, it was a cartoon about a lady seeing a stranger in a bar and some other thug takes her away and she thought he was gone for good but the thug has a fight with her in a car later and this stranger meets her again and rescues her...blah di blah......!

so the lyrics mention stranger...duh:cool: its actually a really good song, be damned i cant remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

hey guys, can anyone figure this tune out for me. Follow the instructions below

click on Episode 2 (26th Jan) of the link below then go to exactly 44min:37sec on the media player http://www.rte.ie/tv/charliebird/av_index.html

The tune is played after the part where your man is counting down 10..9..8..7 etc with the microphone and its the part when they land the ship precisely on the North Pole point. Thats the tune im looking for. Its definately not hoppipolla but the tune sounds like something that Sigur Ros would produce.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anybody know the music played in the background to Premier Soccer Saturday.

Nice kind of indie music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

lad12 wrote: »
    Think its laura izibor and a song called shine!

That's the one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Unusual request but

I think it was Larry Gogan or someone I heard play this on the radio a few years ago

It was an unusual song- called Electricity. The word Electricity was rampant throughout, and all else I can remember is "Electric shock is ecstatic...electricity...."

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

I have been humming this all day but i can't remember what it is!

I created an mp3 with a bit of the melody so if any of you recognise it please please please tell me!

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/33258071/file.html

I'm goin mad at this stage!
    It's a more modern classical song thats definitely been in ads and movies.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I have been humming this all day but i can't remember what it is!

I created an mp3 with a bit of the melody so if any of you recognise it please please please tell me!

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/33258071/file.html

I'm goin mad at this stage!
    It's a more modern classical song thats definitely been in ads and movies.

Thanks in advance!

Carl Orff version
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=-tEgzGnzojc

Hanz Zimmer version
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=6ab1l2TwFp8

can anyone figure this tune out for me. Follow the instructions below

click on Episode 2 (26th Jan) of the link below then go to exactly 41min:37sec on the media player http://www.rte.ie/tv/charliebird/av_index.html

The tune is played after the part where your man is counting down 10..9..8..7 etc with the microphone and its the part when they land the ship precisely on the North Pole point. Thats the tune im looking for. Its definately not hoppipolla but the tune sounds like something that Sigur Ros would produce.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I downloaded realplayer and had a look, but there was no music playing at the time you stated, and I'll be damned if I'm watching Charlie Bird for long enough to figure out what you where talking about.

sorry its 41mins 37 secs. when you watch it on the RTE link watch out for a lad in a blue jacket with a microphone counting down 10..9..8..7..6 and song sounds like (string instruments, harp, guitar) it sounds joyful.

I hope someone can figure it out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

Doc wrote: »
    There was a song on just after the Munster v Sale game playing over the clips showing upcoming games. It was a kind of inde rock song with a girl singing. Part of it went something like "Oh my God ____ _____ control, Oh my God ____ ____ control"

Anyone know the song Im on about?

I think its Oh My God by Ida Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

Does anybody know a song out at the moment, its kind of a dance tune, its called or by Popbell or something, it has a little short acoustic guitar bit at the start of the chorus and a guy sings "Hoooooooooold yourrrr (something)"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Evo wrote: »
    Does anybody know a song out at the moment, its kind of a dance tune, its called or by Popbell or something, it has a little short acoustic guitar bit at the start of the chorus and a guy sings "Hoooooooooold yourrrr (something)"..

I think that's "The Potbelleez" with the song "Don't hold back"

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

Fago_25 wrote: »
    I think that's "The Potbelleez" with the song "Don't hold back"

thats it! thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

can anyone tell me what the name of the song is played at the end of the entourage episode called oh mandy

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

brmccfc wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what the name of the song is played at the end of the entourage episode called oh mandy
    From: http://www.hbo.com/entourage/music/season02/episode16.html
    Song: Victim Of Love
    Artist: The Eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

ray d'arcy played a song this morning at about 11:10

lyrics seems to repeat "you already know"

it was pretty melancholy (but good). when i google those lyrics all i get is a rap song which it isn't. please help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paddyp87

Hi, this is kind of a long shot, but does anybody the know the name of the song that was used in the ad for last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy. No lyrics I'm afraid it was sort of like a chant. It's been driving me crazy, thanks to anyone who can help :)

Advertisement