Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

whats the name of the song advertising serious crime, like csi on rte?
    Does anybody know this song?? Its doing my nut too, cant find it anywhere.....

Asked and answered previously;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59045219&postcount=2068
    Anybody know the song used on the new Sky HD ad's on radio and tv?

Post-rock, possibly Sigur Ros, for some reason though I think it may be British Sea Power?
    Found this http://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/tag/sky/
    Says the music is Bloc Party - SRXT

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

''Doo doo, do, do, do, do, do, dooo,
    do, do, do, do, do, do, do, doo,
    do, do, duh do do do doo,,
    dah do do do do duh, da duh do, dah do,''...it's whistled...
    (yiz have no idea, how painful that was to type!) :D

And no its not The Great Escape, searched U tube and its quite similar s its whistled, but it is from a war movie and its wrecking my Dad's head!

He's thinking ''Kelly's hero's'', but ive checked and no...

Any Ideas oh divine ones?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

MonicaBing wrote: »

And no its not The Great Escape, searched U tube and its quite similar s its whistled, but it is from a war movie and its wrecking my Dad's head!

Bridge on the River Kwai!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

the new explore northern ireland ad...

any ideas?

gerk86 wrote: »
    the new explore northern ireland ad...

any ideas?

It might be highs and lows by the laundry shop, if its the same ad I'm thinking of.
    http://www.myspace.com/thelaundryshop

Further googling tells me this
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=103591764&blogID=468442245
    "Long May You Reign" has been chosen by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board to feature in a major tv and radio
    campaign which goes live in Ireland on 9th February. It will be
    screened on UTV, Channel 4, RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3, Sky 1, Sky News, Sky
    Sports, Setanta, E4 and MTV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Anybody know this?

Chris Moyles on BBC radio 1 played a version of Beyonce - All the single ladies, only the normal music behind the vocals, was replaced by a kind of... Funny/happy/upbeat whistling theme. It sounded like it was from a kids cartoon show. After a minute of this the normal music kicked in.

I thought it was hilarious. I want it.

Help?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

Hey Guys,

This ones been wreckin my head for years, it crops up every so often and then its gone again! I've started on the first page of this thread and am now on page 50something and still no avail, so i'm hoping you gus can help me before i troll through another 50pages of posts!

First off, its an upbeat instrumental song.
    Sounds similiar-ish to Sebastien Telliers La Ritournelle cept the piano sounds a bit more on helium. its a kinda constand loop of music.
    It has defnately featured on RTE Sports coverage, specifically i noticed it during Peter Collins' coverage of either recent world cups or european championships. Its when he says something like lets take a look at the current leader board/results and then the music starts playing. its real background music.

"be-do-be-do, pause, be-do-be-do-do-do" loop

the loop plays a bit quicker than telliers ritournelle loop.

around midway through the song, the loop changes slightly to a higher/different key.

there might b a tiny tiny bit of background drumming (not prominant at all) in it.

piano could be a electric guitar

Also pretty sure its featured on Dustin the Turkeys DDN at some point in time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I'm losing my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

I found it!!! It's Trickster by Juliet Turner, I heard it on Country Mix last night and recognised it immediately!!!

Thanks for helping, Kerash and Eglinton, I've thanked both of your responses.

Here's the song, for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5FHhUsqp_M&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

There's an ad about, it could be for butter or something with everything getting all drawn over and made more cartoony, but the song is spread a little happiness. I was just wondering if anyone knew who did that particular version, the other versions I found are a bit faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

MonicaBing wrote: »

Is that "The Entertainer" by "Scott Joplin". It's in the film "The Sting" not a war film though

• Advertisement

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Is that "The Entertainer" by "Scott Joplin". It's in the film "The Sting" not a war film though

I guarantee its Bridge on the River Kwai!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Fago_25 wrote: »
    RichTea wrote: »
    I guarantee its Bridge on the River Kwai!

Yep it's bridge over the River Kwai, thanks for the input:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Anyone know the name of the instrumental on the current Guinness ad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Ray d'Arcy played a tune at 10.55am this morning and being the annoying DJ he is, didn't bother to mention the name of it. Any help???

Female vocalist

Lot of bass guitar

"Johnny" mentioned in the lyrics over and over

Sorry for the lack of information but blame d'Arcy

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ray d'Arcy played a tune at 10.55am this morning and being the annoying DJ he is, didn't bother to mention the name of it. Any help???

Female vocalist

Lot of bass guitar

"Johnny" mentioned in the lyrics over and over

Sorry for the lack of information but blame d'Arcy

Thanks
    Imelda May - Johnny Got A Boom Boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Johnny Blue

hi does anyone know the name of the song off the concern ad?? the one were there showing the kids and how skinny there arms are

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

hey, just caught the end of a song today on Radio na Life about 2.30-3 o clock, sounded very much like Zeppelin, and they played "ramble on" straight after it, but i didnt catch much of it at all.

I think the last lyrics were somethin about an ocean, and it sounded very much like somethin off Zep I, i.e. loads of organ, arpeggiated rhythm guitar, super lead guitar like in "you shook me" and overall kinda like a slow version of "babe im gonna leave you".

Deffo not on I-IV or physical graffiti cos i know them albums well, but im thinkin it might be a b-side or outtake (not that they had many singles i know)

Anyone got any ideas?!

hi does anyone know the name of the song off the concern ad?? the one were there showing the kids and how skinny there arms are

thanks

its not "fields of gold" by Sting is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Johnny Blue

coyle wrote: »
    its not "fields of gold" by Sting is it?

YES!!!! THANKYOU!! I heard this song a few days ago on the radio and it just popped into my head today and i couldnt even remember a couple of lyrics from it..... thanks alot man

no worries! its not sting in the concern ad though i dont think, female voice if i remember right, but im sure ya could find who covered it on wikipedia or somewhere easy enough.

• Advertisement

coyle wrote: »
    hey, just caught the end of a song today on Radio na Life about 2.30-3 o clock, sounded very much like Zeppelin, and they played "ramble on" straight after it, but i didnt catch much of it at all.

I think the last lyrics were somethin about an ocean, and it sounded very much like somethin off Zep I, i.e. loads of organ, arpeggiated rhythm guitar, super lead guitar like in "you shook me" and overall kinda like a slow version of "babe im gonna leave you".

Deffo not on I-IV or physical graffiti cos i know them albums well, but im thinkin it might be a b-side or outtake (not that they had many singles i know)

Anyone got any ideas?!
    Could be 'The Ocean'
    ;)

nah its not, i thought it might be alright but its quite different, much slower and stuff. Anyone have a clue? now im not even sure it was zep but it sounded way like them, plus the fact that they played Ramble on straight after...anyone?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This is a bit of a long shot but does anyone know whats that tune that RTE use when they fade out to an ad break during their Champions League coverage?? Nothing like the Actual Champions League tune mind. Its not so much of a song but a nice piece on piano. Anyone have any idea what tune i'm on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Imelda May - Johnny Got A Boom Boom

That was quick!!. Many thanks

<SNIP>

*Cough* spam *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What's the song that starts from 1.50? Is it The Wiseguys - Ooh La La?

Yep, sounds like the wiseguys/enter sandman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Uh, music on the ad for Film4's Scifi season?

Sounds kinda Twin Peaks-y?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mr. Brightside

Re the RTE Champions League coverage I believe its Melee: Built to Last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Zonda999 wrote: »
    This is a bit of a long shot but does anyone know whats that tune that RTE use when they fade out to an ad break during their Champions League coverage?? Nothing like the Actual Champions League tune mind. Its not so much of a song but a nice piece on piano. Anyone have any idea what tune i'm on about?
    Re the RTE Champions League coverage I believe its Melee: Built to Last

Thanks a million! Thats it for sure. Really was'nt expecting anyone to know!

Thanks again!:)

Advertisement