Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone know what the song was they used when o driscoll kicked the drop goal in the ireland rugby match on saturday. I know it but can't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone know what the song was they used when o driscoll kicked the drop goal in the ireland rugby match on saturday. I know it but can't place it.
    Come On Eileen by Dexys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Come On Eileen by Dexys

jaysus, i thought I knew that song like the back of me hand (i've playe dit enough times :))
    thanks bazmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loopyproducer

Uh, music on the ad for Film4's Scifi season?

Sounds kinda Twin Peaks-y?

Hiya

I think it's Empire of the Sun - Country

It's on their album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

RATM wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the instrumental on the current Guinness ad ?

This tune is still cracking me up- I just cant seem to find out the name of it anywhere. More info- at the start of the ad it says it was screened originally in 1994. Now that was the year that they also had the famous Anticipation ad ( the one with yer man jumping around like a looney waiting for a pint to settle ) and also when the Louis Armstrong 'We have all the time in the world' ad was out but it is neither of these.
    I even went to the trouble of emailing Guinness and the reply came :-

Many thanks for your email. The music is entitled 'Instrumental' by
    Slaughterhouse and was used for the GB version of Chain in 1994.

I hope this is of some help,

Kind Regards,

Fiona.

GUINNESS STOREHOUSE
    St James's Gate, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Tel: +353 1 408 4800
    Direct: +353 1 643 5910
    Fax: +353 1 471 4634

Well no movie called Chain was released in 1994 ( there was one in 2004 ) and Slaughter House are described on Wiki as a thrash metal band. Seeing as this is more like an operatic chill out kind of tune I ruled them out. I think they must be thinking of a different Guinness ad, one a bit more fast moving perhaps.

Ive searched all over YouTube but there is so much there it seems useless, using the terms 'Guinness advert 1994' doesn't bring it up, using 'Guinness Advert' brings up thousands=(

Anyone got any ideas, Im pulling my hair out !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Hiya

I think it's Empire of the Sun - Country

It's on their album

Aha.

Much obliged, as awesome as their album cover is, I've not heard it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

@ RATM
    What happens in the ad?
    The only current Guinness one I can think of is the one with all the little people being the fizz, where the song was Mr. Blue Sky by ELO which has a bit of operatic stuff, but I'm guessing that's not it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

sweetie wrote: »
    I thought it was Gino by Dexys being played after any Irish score.
    Well that's what they said over on the rugby forum.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

RATM wrote: »
    This tune is still cracking me up- I just cant seem to find out the name of it anywhere. More info- at the start of the ad it says it was screened originally in 1994. Now that was the year that they also had the famous Anticipation ad ( the one with yer man jumping around like a looney waiting for a pint to settle ) and also when the Louis Armstrong 'We have all the time in the world' ad was out but it is neither of these.
    I even went to the trouble of emailing Guinness and the reply came :-

Many thanks for your email. The music is entitled 'Instrumental' by
    Slaughterhouse and was used for the GB version of Chain in 1994.

I hope this is of some help,

Kind Regards,

Fiona.

GUINNESS STOREHOUSE
    St James's Gate, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Tel: +353 1 408 4800
    Direct: +353 1 643 5910
    Fax: +353 1 471 4634

Well no movie called Chain was released in 1994 ( there was one in 2004 ) and Slaughter House are described on Wiki as a thrash metal band. Seeing as this is more like an operatic chill out kind of tune I ruled them out. I think they must be thinking of a different Guinness ad, one a bit more fast moving perhaps.

Ive searched all over YouTube but there is so much there it seems useless, using the terms 'Guinness advert 1994' doesn't bring it up, using 'Guinness Advert' brings up thousands=(

Anyone got any ideas, Im pulling my hair out !

I think the Louis Armstrong song that was used on the ad in Ireland went by the name of chain.
    So the advert is called chain is probably what they mean.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Y9D0af-uA
    You/we/someone needs to find the GB version of the ad they are referring to and take it from there?...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

coyle wrote: »
    hey, does anyone know that oul blues song on the yoplait ad? it goes "ooh ee baby, i love you so" x2 Then "when i tell you baby, i never wanna let you go".

Google is not my friend!

if anyone cares, its called "Ooh Wee Baby" by Mickey Gilley, a cousin of Jerry Lee Lewis, and its on his album called "Rockin Rollin Piano"...so now ya know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 claire.k

:confused: song that is always on phantom something about rock and roll, and it sounds like dave grohls voice but im sure its not him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

claire.k wrote: »
    :confused: song that is always on phantom something about rock and roll, and it sounds like dave grohls voice but im sure its not him

Dinosaur Pile Up "My Rock N Roll"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 claire.k

Eglinton wrote: »
    Dinosaur Pile Up "My Rock N Roll"

:Dthank you

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

lookin for song chorus goes someting like "i want u bad ,bad bad" tink it cud be someone like sum41 or blink 182

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

hoff1 wrote:
    lookin for song chorus goes someting like "i want u bad ,bad bad" tink it cud be someone like sum41 or blink 182
    The Offspring - 'Want You Bad'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

kerash wrote: »
    I think the Louis Armstrong song that was used on the ad in Ireland went by the name of chain.
    So the advert is called chain is probably what they mean.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Y9D0af-uA
    You/we/someone needs to find the GB version of the ad they are referring to and take it from there?...

Yes, as kerash says, the Guinness Ad itself is called 'Chain'. The Irish Version of the Ad had the song 'We have all the time in the world' by Louis Armstrong. The English version ( for reasons best known to themselves ) had a different song, this one called 'Instrumental' by Slaughterhouse.

I first spotted this cos when I saw the Guinness Ad that's now running that shows the ad from '94, I knew it was a different song from how I remembered it...

The one that's annoying you is very familiar to me, I might even have it on a CD at home, I'll check it out...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

I was right, I did have the song at home. It's called 'Slip into something...' and it's by Kinobe feat. Ben & Jason. Here's a link to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oonHquCgFl4

I've no idea where the Guinness person got 'Instrumental' by Slaughtershouse from.

I prefer the Ad with the Louis Armstrong song, but that might be just because I heard it that way first...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

Plambey wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

This ones been wreckin my head for years, it crops up every so often and then its gone again! I've started on the first page of this thread and am now on page 50something and still no avail, so i'm hoping you gus can help me before i troll through another 50pages of posts!

First off, its an upbeat instrumental song.
    Sounds similiar-ish to Sebastien Telliers La Ritournelle cept the piano sounds a bit more on helium. its a kinda constand loop of music.
    It has defnately featured on RTE Sports coverage, specifically i noticed it during Peter Collins' coverage of either recent world cups or european championships. Its when he says something like lets take a look at the current leader board/results and then the music starts playing. its real background music.

"be-do-be-do, pause, be-do-be-do-do-do" loop

the loop plays a bit quicker than telliers ritournelle loop.

around midway through the song, the loop changes slightly to a higher/different key.

there might b a tiny tiny bit of background drumming (not prominant at all) in it.

piano could be a electric guitar

Also pretty sure its featured on Dustin the Turkeys DDN at some point in time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I'm losing my mind!

I FOUND IT!
    I think basquille uses it, the ipod app Shazam. was in a Dundrum an i heard it in house of frazier, i whipped out my nokia n95 an started recordin it (musta looked like an eejit standin der witmy fone up in the air!) then i got home an used Shazam (its free) on de oul ipod touch, an within a second, it had un-distorted my poor quality recording an gave me the name of the song!

Evryone should check this because u neva knw if you've been lookin for it or not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl4rwMZWATs Eple - Royksopp! AMAZINGLY ADDICTIVE TUNE!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Hi All ,

Looking for a song that was played in this mornings soccer am during the Trick Training section with Mehdi Taouil. you can see the video and hear the song following the link http://www.skysports.com/socceram/media/video/0,21631,,00.html

then if you go to page two youll see the Trick Training
    March 2009 video with the song.
    anyone any ideas ?

Thanks all,
    Trizo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Booka Shade Vs MANDY - Body Language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxJzW-0mAg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Wertz wrote: »
    Booka Shade Vs MANDY - Body Language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxJzW-0mAg

Thats the one , Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Right I've been searching google, the music forum and this thread for the last half hour and can't find an answer to this;

Was out last night and the DJ played an uber funky tune that was basically the old Late Late Show theme tune mixed into a dance song. T'was fecking deadly! Anyone know where I can find it?

Actually continuing on the Late Late Show theme, anyone know the name of that song this girl wrote about fantasizing to Pat Kenny or somesuch too?

cson wrote: »
    Right I've been searching google, the music forum and this thread for the last half hour and can't find an answer to this;

Was out last night and the DJ played an uber funky tune that was basically the old Late Late Show theme tune mixed into a dance song. T'was fecking deadly! Anyone know where I can find it?

Actually continuing on the Late Late Show theme, anyone know the name of that song this girl wrote about fantasizing to Pat Kenny or somesuch too?
    Would this be what you're looking for?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

That'd be her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mini Red Hot

does anybody know the name of that kinda spanish tremolo song used in an old guiness ad.
    It is something similar to a heavy fast version of spanish fly type of thing.

Which Guinness ad?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CheersDarlin'

Hey,

Has anyone here heard the new ad for Explore Northern Ireland, its been on the telly a lot recently.
    I can't find the song in the background at all though, and it sounds amazing!

The lyrics go something like:

"Find a place where the sun will always stay so theres no way I'll go,
    love me the rain ? till our minds cant contain all the thoughts"

and then the chorus is:

"I will go on, my heart is on the run.
    I will go on, see how I.. ??"

All searches come up with it bloody Celine Dion's Titanic song!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

does anybody know the name of that kinda spanish tremolo song used in an old guiness ad.
    It is something similar to a heavy fast version of spanish fly type of thing.

how old?? last year? could be the Pixies "isla de encanta"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Hey,

Has anyone here heard the new ad for Explore Northern Ireland, its been on the telly a lot recently.
    I can't find the song in the background at all though, and it sounds amazing!

The lyrics go something like:

"Find a place where the sun will always stay so theres no way I'll go,
    love me the rain ? till our minds cant contain all the thoughts"

and then the chorus is:

"I will go on, my heart is on the run.
    I will go on, see how I.. ??"

All searches come up with it bloody Celine Dion's Titanic song!

Thanks!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507049

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=103591764

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

song played on shameless last night on channel 4 near the end of the gallaghers party

Advertisement