Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Disclaimer - The missus told me that, I swear I haven't seen it :o

Ha me neither but i saw the video of the song on youtube recently and practically all the comments were from twilight fangirls saying "OMG!!!! i luv twilit! Dis song is Klas!! Robert Pattinson is sooooo hot! lollololololololol!!!!"

Dear God:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Thanks guys, it was my missus asking the question by the way not me, just to let you know..... not really my question....honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

mr.snrub wrote: »
    Hey all,

I cannot find the name of this song anywhere. Its trance/dance btw. It was out around the time of Mauro picoto - komodo, and Darude - calm before the storm, so 1998-2002 I reckon.

I originally thought it was called "calm before the storm" but it could be "storm before the calm" even.

I think there is a like a digery-doo sampled in it. And it goes like (sorry bout this)
    di di duh, di di di di di di duh, di di di di di di duh. (very fast)

I also think the music video is like a storm approaching a beach. I remember that been on mtv dance hits (I think around the time Russell Brand hosted the tv show)

Dunno if any of that is of use to yous. Mates are sick of me asking them if they've found it.

Thanks guys.

Is it this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I need help to identify a song I heard earlier this week, but I've got very little to go on...

All I really know is that the chorus starts with the line 'I don't wanna...' then two more words that increase in pitch from the first three. Think the second line of the chorus starts with either 'I don't wanna' or 'I just wanna'.

Not much to go on really...

I believe it's a recent song. It's a ballad if that helps. A guy sings, accompanied by a piano I believe. Good harmonies behind the chorus too. I suspect that it's a band, rather than a solo singer with backup, but not 100% on that.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Does anyone know the name of the song on the new samsung ad? It sounds a bit like prince?

• Advertisement

king-stew wrote: »
    this one is very vague so i apologise!

I can only remember the video...its of two blokes and one has long hair and they are singin a song (streets of philidelphia, save tonight kind of feel) outside in some american city i would say and one is playing an acoustic, i just cant remember the tune at the mo to even get some lyrics!

90's ish i would say
    anyone???

Extreme - More Than Words...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Hey anybody know the artist and song name of this piece of instrumental music i am trying to find. It sounds like sigur ros or amiina and before we start it is not hoppipolla by sigur ros.

At the end of the song a harp, string instruments and a xylophone can be heard simultaneously and the lyrics "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (held note) can be heard to the effect of a choir. Im convinced its sigur ros but im not sure of the song title.

The song was used on RTE documentaries such as Charlie's Arctic Journey and Axel Foley's Heineken cup journey DVD.

anybody know it?
    sorry thats the best description i can give of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Does anyone know the name of the song on the new sony tv ad with Kaka in it, I'm fairly sure it's by Kasabian but don't know the name of the track.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does anyone know the name of the song on the new sony tv ad with Kaka in it, I'm fairly sure it's by Kasabian but don't know the name of the track.
    'Underdog'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dlite wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song on the new samsung ad? It sounds a bit like prince?

Artist: Juvelen
    Song: They Don't Love You
    Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Does anyone know the name of the song of the theme song of invisible walls.
    Its at the beginning of the song

you can hear it here
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47900.html?type=flv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

hi iv been looking for this song name for ages..its in this video if anyone can help me thanks alot.its been used in a few programs on tv.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOcG2G_6uC0

thanks alot people if you can find me the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

demakinz wrote: »
    hi iv been looking for this song name for ages..its in this video if anyone can help me thanks alot.its been used in a few programs on tv.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOcG2G_6uC0

thanks alot people if you can find me the name of it.
    If you mean the intro, it's 'The X-Files Theme' by Mark Snow.

If you mean the song in the actual video, it's Rob Dougan 'Clubbed To Death'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

thanks a million mate you wouldnt believe how long iv been looking for that...:D:D:D
    its a serious bit of music..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Hi guys Im looking for two songs both if which were used on sky sports rugby coverage over the weekend.

One is a relatively new song as I heard it on today fm last week too. It sounds like gary lightbody singing it but its not snow patrol, the chorus goes something like "girl your makin me scream" and i think the first line is something "in the morning.

The second is something about on the radio makes us feel like were alive. I think its used by sky for lions coverage ad and their summer schedule. If anyone could help itd be great cos theyre wreckin me head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Fol20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song of the theme song of invisible walls.
    Its at the beginning of the song

you can hear it here
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47900.html?type=flv

I tried tagging it on Shazam but no result - could be generic library music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's from Braveheart, could be wrong though.

Ding ding. Thanks man, I realised it myself when I listened again a few moments ago, then remembered this thread. **** me though it was doing my nut in - cheers for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

In the film 50 Dead Men Walking, there is a song played at the end. It is to the tune of "She moved through the fair" and "Belfast Child" by simple minds, the only lyric that stood out for me is where he said "The Hero put his guns down" or something like that....

Anyone know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the song is in this video:

[URL]mms://video.premiumtv.co.uk/volvo_ocean/News/2008/Dec/081202_puma_fifth.wmv[/URL]

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

Used to be fleetwood mac oh well but dave fanning changed signature tune recently and its doing my nut in to know what it is. Anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

I know this is a bit old but does anyone know the song from the beginning of The Panel? You just hear the guitar riff and it sounds a bit like coldplay? Thanks:)

I know this is a bit old but does anyone know the song from the beginning of The Panel? You just hear the guitar riff and it sounds a bit like coldplay? Thanks:)

It's called "Waterfall" by The Stone Roses from their eponymous debut album "the Stone Roses".

btw you should listen to the whole thing, brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

the stone roses sound like coldplay......................

Thats a first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

gscully wrote: »
    I need help to identify a song I heard earlier this week, but I've got very little to go on...

All I really know is that the chorus starts with the line 'I don't wanna...' then two more words that increase in pitch from the first three. Think the second line of the chorus starts with either 'I don't wanna' or 'I just wanna'.

Not much to go on really...

I believe it's a recent song. It's a ballad if that helps. A guy sings, accompanied by a piano I believe. Good harmonies behind the chorus too. I suspect that it's a band, rather than a solo singer with backup, but not 100% on that.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like Freewheel by Duke Special.

jackncoke wrote: »
    the stone roses sound like coldplay......................

Thats a first

+1 no-one should mention The Stone Roses and Coldplay in the same breath

Stargal wrote: »
    Sounds like Freewheel by Duke Special.

Thanks for the reply Stargal. I'm not in a position to confirm that right now, but will do so later and update this post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

what's this song in this clip?

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=708

If you know ANYTHING, tell me.

Cheers.

gscully wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Stargal. I'm not in a position to confirm that right now, but will do so later and update this post!

Yep, Duke Special - Freewheel is the one! Good job Stargal, especially considering I had the lyrics a bit wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭eddie.fandango

eamon234 wrote: »
    I tried tagging it on Shazam but no result - could be generic library music.

They confirmed this on the show. They get their music from a provider, and it's used in videos where game audio is not available. They said they cannot release the full version of it, due to licensing issues.

Here's one for you guys: does anyone know the music that plays at the start of Dave Navarro's Dark Matter podcast, after the Steven Hawking dialogue?

Advertisement