Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deceitful

Fanning announced that it's by Elliot Smith. Can't remember the song title. You could try the XO album for starters.
    fionnmar wrote: »
    Used to be fleetwood mac oh well but dave fanning changed signature tune recently and its doing my nut in to know what it is. Anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Looking for a song which I think has been in lots of tourist board adverts for few different countries (Scots/Welsh/Ire).

Despite not knowing it myself, reckon its quite well known and reasonably old.

To me the lyrics sound like.... 'light of my head, you in my heart whoo hoohoo'

Any sugestions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

recycle wrote: »
    Looking for a song which I think has been in lots of tourist board adverts for few different countries (Scots/Welsh/Ire).

Despite not knowing it myself, reckon its quite well known and reasonably old.

To me the lyrics sound like.... 'light of my head, you in my heart whoo hoohoo'

Any sugestions please?

Is it The Waterboys - Fishermans Blues?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ha ha ha ha... staying alive, staying alive.
    Ha ha ha ha ha... staying alllllliiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeee.

Anyone got any ideas :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Simply Red wrote: »
    Is it The Waterboys - Fishermans Blues?

Ahh jaysus it is!

Whats more I already have it - palm face moment:pac:

Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭eddie.fandango

FearDark wrote: »

I believe that was off Slayer's seminal '86 cut, Reign in Blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

FearDark wrote: »

In v high pitched voices? The Bee Gees - Staying Alive

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

anyone know the background music played on pride of the parish at the start where their introducing their parish?
    starts playing at 0:36
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GffMJ9CR0ao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Trying to find the name of a track...it's a hip hop track and in the chorus it goes "Hip HOP hip HOP (blah blah blah) Hip HOP Hip HOP". I realise this is very vague :o

From what I remember it doesn't have much lyrics, It has a kinda garage feel to it with a big meaty bass line.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Fago_25 wrote: »
    what's this song in this clip?

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=708

If you know ANYTHING, tell me.

Cheers.

That sounds like it was produced for the show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Ok,I want to know who originally sung the great 30s/40s song "I'll be seeing you"
    Because there's alot of covers...

(I'l be seeing you in all the old familar places
    That this heart of mine embraces...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

wixfjord wrote: »
    Hi guys Im looking for two songs both if which were used on sky sports rugby coverage over the weekend.

One is a relatively new song as I heard it on today fm last week too. It sounds like gary lightbody singing it but its not snow patrol, the chorus goes something like "girl your makin me scream" and i think the first line is something "in the morning.

The second is something about on the radio makes us feel like were alive. I think its used by sky for lions coverage ad and their summer schedule. If anyone could help itd be great cos theyre wreckin me head!

The first song, I'm guessing is Rubber Lover by Marmaduke Duke.

Not sure about the second one though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

anyone know the background music played on pride of the parish at the start where their introducing their parish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Cianos wrote: »
    That sounds like it was produced for the show

I was hoping no one would say that.

Thanx anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

anyone know the song used after the opening credits (the animated part) in this clip?

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/7226/rpm-circuit-of-ireland-rally-2009-part-1

sounds like the kooks or strokes or something??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

hoff1 wrote: »

could it be something from Badly Drawn Boy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

teednab-el wrote: »
    Hey anybody know the artist and song name of this piece of instrumental music i am trying to find. It sounds like sigur ros or amiina and before we start it is not hoppipolla by sigur ros.

At the end of the song a harp, string instruments and a xylophone can be heard simultaneously and the lyrics "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (held note) can be heard to the effect of a choir. Im convinced its sigur ros but im not sure of the song title.

The song was used on RTE documentaries such as Charlie's Arctic Journey and Axel Foley's Heineken cup journey DVD.

anybody know it?
    sorry thats the best description i can give of the song.

Sigur Ros have a song from their latest album called 'Ara Batur' which is sung with a Choir? Youtube link is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nightwinge

does any1 know the theme music RTE2 are doing for all the CSI`s series now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Cianos wrote: »
    Trying to find the name of a track...it's a hip hop track and in the chorus it goes "Hip HOP hip HOP (blah blah blah) Hip HOP Hip HOP". I realise this is very vague :o

From what I remember it doesn't have much lyrics, It has a kinda garage feel to it with a big meaty bass line.

cheers

Is it this? --->

More lyrics in this tune than you mentioned tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Can anybody tell me who sings the beautiful song that is featured on the recent(ish) ad for Crown Paints? It's a gentle female voice, accompanied by practically no music, and she sings softly "what colour will tomorrow be -- wait and see..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paddyp87

Does anybody know the name of the song used in the new Visit Scotland ad. The lyrics go something like:

"...outta my head, with you in my heart,
    Whoo-hoo-hoo..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's a trad song anyway. I can't think of the name of it though.

Anybody know the song played in Bingo ads on Comedy Central. It was also in an Eli Stone ad a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

paddyp87 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the name of the song used in the new Visit Scotland ad. The lyrics go something like:

"...outta my head, with you in my heart,
    Whoo-hoo-hoo..."

Not sure I've seen the ad but think you might be talking about the Waterboys 'Fishermans Blues' -the lyrics go "light in my head, you in my heart":)

Not sure I've seen the ad but think you might be talking about the Waterboys 'Fishermans Blues' -the lyrics go "light in my head, you in my heart":)
    Fionnmar, you're absolutely right! I had the lyrics completely wrong. Thanks a million :)

Ok here's another one, which someone will hopefully know the answer to. The only line i can remember is:

"Reflections in shop windows tell me exactly who i am"

I've googled it but haven't had any luck so maybe the words are slightly off. Anyway, thanks to anyone who can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Can somebody please tell me what the name of the song is at the end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojVTyYWGds

Everyone will recognise it, I'm sure it's from a film but I can't think of the name of it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Can somebody please tell me what the name of the song is at the end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojVTyYWGds

Everyone will recognise it, I'm sure it's from a film but I can't think of the name of it at all!
    Pink Project - Disco Project

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Does anyone know the song used in the Sony Bravia ad that has Kaka messing around with a football on some rotating screen on a street somewhere.

It sounds a little like Noel Gallagher but doesn't sound like him, if you know what I mean.......?

Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Furet wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me who sings the beautiful song that is featured on the recent(ish) ad for Crown Paints? It's a gentle female voice, accompanied by practically no music, and she sings softly "what colour will tomorrow be -- wait and see..."

The song was specially commissioned. It is thought the girl singing is Tine Reymer of the Belgian group Flowers for Breakfast.

Got this info from http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080406084321AAYpxZA

Wouldn't want to steal their thunder on the answers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

TriceMarie wrote: »
    Ok,I want to know who originally sung the great 30s/40s song "I'll be seeing you"
    Because there's alot of covers...

(I'l be seeing you in all the old familar places
    That this heart of mine embraces...)
    Just ask google.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement