Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Y2J

Hi Guys Just Wondering the name of the song at the start of this concert. Its the opera kind one . Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQ9KooHt20

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Y2J wrote: »
    Hi Guys Just Wondering the name of the song at the start of this concert. Its the opera kind one . Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQ9KooHt20

Cheers

According to the second comment beneath the video, it's Craig Armstrong - O Verona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cruzzo08

Live version of Cosmic Love from O2 Ad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Z9XUI7fB4&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Scien wrote: »
    If anyone finds the radio edit/album version please PM me thanks!
    Cant appreciate it from that bad audio youtube live version.
    Cheers.
    I'd love it also.. but not a sniff of it anywhere.

Probably we'll have to wait for the album in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That song is fantastic, I've been searching for ages now for a decent version but nothing! If anybody does happen to find it please please PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I've done a search of the thread but can't seem to find a post related to it. The GAA U-21 Championship ad with the guys doing sit ups has an instrumental track. Think it's Damien Rice. Anyone know the track?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

basquille wrote: »
    I'd love it also.. but not a sniff of it anywhere.

Probably we'll have to wait for the album in July.

This thread is great. I came on here a year back looking for a song. The one from the Dublin city ad. Someone had already asked about it and I found out the name of it. It turned out to be You You You You You by the 6ths.

Anyway I came on here today for this o2 one. The minute I heard the ad, I thought wow thats class. I saw comments on youtube that siad you can only get a live version at the mo and that the album isn't out til the 5th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

looking for the name of this song lyrics go like: and i run and i run to the bright and burning sun. It was on an ad for a bank i think a few years ago:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

hoff1 wrote: »
    looking for the name of this song lyrics go like: and i run and i run to the bright and burning sun. It was on an ad for a bank i think a few years ago:)
    The Walls - To The Bright And Shining Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 djscarr

looking for the name of the song in the current csi ads, it has the lyrics "what goes around comes around" and its not justin timberlake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Haven't seen the ad but I reckon this might be the tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No0wEyyGkeY

Timo Maas - To Get Down

• Registered Users Posts: 3 djscarr

Wertz wrote: »
    Haven't seen the ad but I reckon this might be the tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No0wEyyGkeY

Timo Maas - To Get Down

Nah it aint it, it sounds like the raconteurs or something like that kind of sound,
    thanks for trying though cause i havnt heard that tune in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Does anyone know who sings a song called Candy (I think that's the name of it) that's played a lot lately on the Ray Darcy show? The dude sounds like he's missing a load of teeth and I think his name is Colm something or other?

Does anyone know who sings a song called Candy (I think that's the name of it) that's played a lot lately on the Ray Darcy show? The dude sounds like he's missing a load of teeth and I think his name is Colm something or other?
    Hmmmm... think it's the new song by Paolo Nutini (but "Colm something or other" is close enough!)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Anyone know what that song they play in the final sequence of the last episode of 90210 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

im looking for the name of a sad piece of music,the main instrument is a harmonica which gets lower and lower
    and it always seems to come on when there is a film of some grim north of england town i thought it was the hollies or something but it does not seem to be

any ideas?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

It wouldn't be the theme from Midnight Cowboy?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

thats the one many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Hunty wrote: »
    Anyone know what that song they play in the final sequence of the last episode of 90210 is?

I found it!

It's by Band of Horses and it's called 'The Funeral'

Its a great song. You should check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This song is on the tip of my brain, but I can't find it.

It's current and is played on radio but is also an ad for bottled water or something.

It goes like this"I can dream the rest away. na na na na na" etc

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It goes like this"I can dream the rest away. na na na na na" etc

:)

"Neopolitan Dreams" by Lisa Mitchell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

Hey :D

The other nite me and a few drunkin mates were watching the music channels and this video came on ...for in joke purposes I have to find the name of this!
    There's three women in their 30s, one kind of overweight with black hair, the other two were blonde i think...Ya definitely couldn't call them sexy....They were sitting and singing on a beach. It's horribly cheesy early to mid 90s stuff...probably was on the channel magic?
    any help with this would be great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Waaahhh wrote: »
    Hey :D

The other nite me and a few drunkin mates were watching the music channels and this video came on ...for in joke purposes I have to find the name of this!
    There's three women in their 30s, one kind of overweight with black hair, the other two were blonde i think...Ya definitely couldn't call them sexy....They were sitting and singing on a beach. It's horribly cheesy early to mid 90s stuff...probably was on the channel magic?
    any help with this would be great:D

It sounds like Wilson Phillips - Hold On

looking for a song that was on an irish independent ad a few years ago there were no lyrics from what i can remember it just showed pictures with the tune playing in the background sounded like a piano and at the end it said a "day in the life"

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

spurious wrote: »

Thanks Dude, spot on.

"na na na na na, na na na na" :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

hoff1 wrote: »
    looking for a song that was on an irish independent ad a few years ago there were no lyrics from what i can remember it just showed pictures with the tune playing in the background sounded like a piano and at the end it said a "day in the life"

Might be it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tEgzGnzojc

ya thats da one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The song from the O2 ad with all the people at the concert? Any ideas? I can't even pick any lyrics out to search them...

• Advertisement

The song from the O2 ad with all the people at the concert? Any ideas? I can't even pick any lyrics out to search them...
    Top of page 155..

Florence and The Machine - 'Cosmic Love'

Advertisement