Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Buzz_Cagney

What is that one music video where they show nothing but shoes??

the music video starts off with boys shoes (red converse) and they show how he's having a bad day thru his feet and you see other peoples feet like a tough guy (that were some kind of boots) and a "sexy girl (whom wore heals) and then he meets a girl with pink converse.
    whos the band, and what's the song name???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    does anyone know what song is playing at around 1.20 in this video? Tis driving me crazy!!! Thanks :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hxv1QfQlnU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lBsZj1mhw8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

does anyone know this song?

Come on please catch my disease.....
    thats the way i like it....

heard on scrubs really wanna find out its name & stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

ok this one is very very difficult, it was from an ad in 2004 or 2005 not sure what it even was the scene was a little boybout six in a diner or restaurant and there was a girl bout 20 with shades either eating icecream or drinking somethin, anyway the boy is looking at her and she smiles back at him thats all i remember and there was a song in the background playing with some woman singing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,926 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Come on please catch my disease.....
    thats the way i like it....
    Ben Lee - "Catch My Disease"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2DK3UO4_UQ

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

Thank Yhoo =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tobias Funke

Hey does anyone know a piece of music, mainly piano, that was used in tg4's 125 years of the gaa documentaries and their ads ? I think it was in an insurance ad as well a few years ago.

Thanks for any help you could give me !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭goldenwonder

anyone know a band/singer. all i know is that its a girl singing, electric guitars, its been about 8 years since i heard it first and the only line in the chorus i remember is "its easy to see". good song. wanna hear it again

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

Whats the name of this song?
    fairly well known i think but i cant think of the name.

" from here to the wrong side of the moon ??"
    "meet you again at the worng side of the moon??"

Think they are the lyrics :p:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 galwayfeen

galwayfeen wrote: »
    evergreen health store had a radio ad on i102-104 recently that has some instrumental song on it....anyone?:confused:

still lookin' for this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

What is that one music video where they show nothing but shoes??

the music video starts off with boys shoes (red converse) and they show how he's having a bad day thru his feet and you see other peoples feet like a tough guy (that were some kind of boots) and a "sexy girl (whom wore heals) and then he meets a girl with pink converse.
    whos the band, and what's the song name???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzyys6kW8yg

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Buzz_Cagney

Emmsy wrote: »

AHHH my hopes were so high there before i clicked that link!!:P i asume it was a joke..the song im lookin for was a sorf of an electronic punky sort of sound..out in the early 00's

AHHH my hopes were so high there before i clicked that link!!:P i asume it was a joke..the song im lookin for was a sorf of an electronic punky sort of sound..out in the early 00's

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JenK

If you could solve this puzzle i will be very greatful,

ok so its a tune from Entourage, think its series one. basically its Ari Gold driving off in his car to this song. if i remember(vaguley i might add) its a song by a man, soulful kinda tune, fairly old and its about love( arent most songs). but seriously its about loving yourself i think,

basically its a great tune, that i need to have on my ipod but its bugging me.

happy friday!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MarcusTheCarcus

ehh does anyone know much trad? The thing in me head is real fast, very minor scale, the type of thing people dance to in talent shows (including Glas Vegas- that's where I saw it)
    I realise this doesn't prune much out, but if anyone could post a list of fast, flowing minor scale irish dancing peices id be pretty appreciative... Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

jenk, entourage song, is that the one in season 2 at the end of exodus, ep 21. Song i recognise is stevie wonder, For once in my life?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JenK

mondymike wrote: »
    jenk, entourage song, is that the one in season 2 at the end of exodus, ep 21. Song i recognise is stevie wonder, For once in my life?
    Bingo! cheers for that cause i was fairly vague. great song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

What's the music used in the simpsons scene (Flushing Meadows)?

Aye? It's a classical piece. Please. Driving me crazy so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ok I've a few so any help would be appreciated...

Mourinho Sky ad about the new season being special ( goes like "A moment, a Laugh, a ...." Along does lines) and it's also on a 4music ad about summer music?

This one is more difficult.. it's more of a score.. On a sky ad about the new season again. It basically all about the fans and the effort they make to support their team, real epic feel off it...

And finally one which prob won't be too hard to find... it's on the meteor ad about the man traveling Ireland... really good song...

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

tok9 wrote: »
    And finally one which prob won't be too hard to find... it's on the meteor ad about the man traveling Ireland... really good song...
    From Wikipedia...:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

Mourinho Sky ad about the new season being special ( goes like "A moment, a Laugh, a ...." Along does lines) and it's also on a 4music ad about summer music?

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hermy wrote: »
    From Wikipedia...:)
    Emmsy wrote: »

Thanks lad...

lets keep this roll going!:D
    This one is more difficult.. it's more of a score.. On a sky ad about the new season again. It basically all about the fans and the effort they make to support their team, real epic feel off it...

tbh i'd say this will be very difficult to find..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tobias Funke

Also does anyone know a song with the chorus "we get over things way too fast round here" ? And "wait for me by table eight, I'll be there I won't be late" ?

It's like Bush-sounding song but i think they're Irish. It used to be on phantom a fair bit years ago.... It's been driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Ok, i know a decent amount of the clancy brothers stuff but this one eludes me. I think they sung it at their Reunion Live in Belfast-Saw a snippet on TG4 at xmas. The song is a bit shocking in that its about murder or suicide-a husband and wife where one of them hangs themselves and the other slits their throat but the rub comes at the end in that while the knife does its job cos its Irish made, the rope snaps cos its Belfast made. :confused: Slightly republican song but really good for shock value, would love to hear it again.
    Any help would be great!!
    Thanks folks,
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

aliocroc wrote: »
    Ok, i know a decent amount of the clancy brothers stuff but this one eludes me. I think they sung it at their Reunion Live in Belfast-Saw a snippet on TG4 at xmas. The song is a bit shocking in that its about murder or suicide-a husband and wife where one of them hangs themselves and the other slits their throat but the rub comes at the end in that while the knife does its job cos its Irish made, the rope snaps cos its Belfast made. :confused: Slightly republican song but really good for shock value, would love to hear it again.
    Any help would be great!!
    Thanks folks,
    Al

The Ballad of William Bloat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i heard a song in ayia napa on hols. the lyrics are somethin like "lean forward, go back, kick to the right..." i've put those into google but got nothing of note back. any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Dlite wrote: »
    The Ballad of William Bloat ?

Dlite, you'ra legend! Thanks a mill! that was really botherin me!
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Anybody know the theme tune used on the new RTÉ programme 'Living The Wildlife'. http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1053798

Also, this tune from another RTÉ show called 'Fresh From the Sea': http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1053523

Advertisement