Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Anyone know the name of that song where the guy is dancing on the street on like a mat or piece of car board?

basically the title at the start goes something like "his only love left him and now he dances to bring her back"

The Music video cuts to him dnacing as a kid and then as a middle aged man.

its a 90's job

hard to google as there is no lyrics. its pretty much a dance song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

grahambo wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of that song where the guy is dancing on the street on like a mat or piece of car board?

basically the title at the start goes something like "his only love left him and now he dances to bring her back"

The Music video cuts to him dnacing as a kid and then as a middle aged man.

its a 90's job

hard to google as there is no lyrics. its pretty much a dance song.

found it!
    Dirty Vegas - Days go by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

CyberDave wrote: »

Also, this tune from another RTÉ show called 'Fresh From the Sea': http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1053523

The tune for the end credits is this

Not sure about the opening title. Could be bespoke.
    CyberDave wrote: »
    Anybody know the theme tune used on the new RTÉ programme 'Living The Wildlife'. http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1053798

This is original music by Shea Fitzgerald, a jingle writer. See http://www.musicmint.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Anyone know what the song at the end of the Sky Sports highlights for the Premiership games was?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

What's the song on Comedy Central's advert for the sloth South Park episodes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Does anyone know the music from the Rose of Tralee advert on RTÉ 1 atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

OK i got two songs

1. the one for the road safety awarness add where it goes " I cant take my eyes off you"

and another for the discover northern ireland add anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Discover Northern Ireland ad;
    John Shelly and the Creatures, Long may you Reign

http://www.myspace.com/whywalter

• Registered Users Posts: 43,926 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just for anyone whose wondering..

The Halifax ad with the lad climbing up on the pyramid of people to propose to his girlfriend in an office building a few storey's off the ground.

The song is "The First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

basquille wrote: »
    Just for anyone whose wondering..

The Halifax ad with the lad climbing up on the pyramid of people to propose to his girlfriend in an office building a few storey's off the ground.

The song is "The First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes:

Cute video.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,926 ✭✭✭✭Basq

spurious wrote: »
    Cute video.:)
    Yep.. it is actually.

Catchy little song.. I do remember the video when it was first out - it's one of those original videos that sticks with you.

This was when it was released back in 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

anyone know the song that played at the end of the final x factor audition last nite?
    At the end of that daniel guys audition?

It went like... what about love/life? what about today.. what if your making me more than im supposed to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Whoever can tell me the song that starts at 1:23 gets a cookie-

*Disclaimer* They won't really...

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

anyone know the song that played at the end of the final x factor audition last nite?
    At the end of that daniel guys audition?

It went like... what about love/life? what about today.. what if your making me more than im supposed to be?

Yes please..Anyone????????

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Yes please..Anyone????????

Ah just answered me own Q! Tis Chris Daughtry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gspeed

Hey looking for a song, all i know about it is the chorus cuz its always on in nightclubs,,everyone goes mad jumping up and down shouting"do da do da dah"(really catchy verse abviously) its a bit like a football song or sumtin but the music is kinda basshunter.ish sry for little info but its driving me mad :P cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gspeed wrote: »
    Hey looking for a song, all i know about it is the chorus cuz its always on in nightclubs,,everyone goes mad jumping up and down shouting"do da do da dah"(really catchy verse abviously) its a bit like a football song or sumtin but the music is kinda basshunter.ish sry for little info but its driving me mad :P cheers in advance
    Either...

Dario G - Carnaval de Paris which was used for one of the World Cups

or....

Planet Funk - Chase the Sun which is used on the Darts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gspeed

no its not any of them xD thanks anyway...i'll have to listen out for it again some night when i'm not drunk and try to remember more of it:rolleyes:

but if any1 else thinks they no the one im looking for......:P
    its a typical dance style club tune its always played

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Ya may remember me raving about some tune I couldn't remember anything about.
    Strangely I found it!

thought Id post it here in case anyone else is lookin for it.

the dance version is chicane - poppiholla
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X63paaK1lks&NR=1&feature=fvwp

The original is in icelandic, its sigur ros - hoppiholla
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L_DQKCDgeM

Yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Anyone know the song in the Goal ad on RTE2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I have snippets of a track I heard recently in a shop. If anyone can name it I'd be grateful.

The lyrics weren't easy to hear, they were lost in the music a bit. There weren't many either, I noted at the time the "lyrics were sparse", and there was "a long instrumental outro".

As for the lyrics, they included the line "you've got summers to see". At least that's what it sounded like. There was also a "to be" in the track somewhere. Vague I know!

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

gonna go out on a limb and say this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2dgEUOhY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Starts 7.17 in – speech from the Great Dictator put to instrumental.

Is it a well known piece someone can identify for me, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Caroline868

hi guys, does anyone know who sings the theme tune to Soccer Saturday on rte2? its driving me crazy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Niamhyy

Yeah the song is called " Long May You Reign" by John Shelly And The Creatures.

Amazing song =D

Firstly Mods, i was unsure as to where to place this request so if it's mucking up the thread, please move!

Right my Q is this, an oddie i'm sure to you guys, i'm looking for song lyrics from any genre of music, that pertains to Love, missing someone, distance etc.

What i'm trying to do is write a letter to the fella who's working on the other side of the world, and use song lyrics to eh, show my feelings, i know i'm gonna get the urine extracted but be nice!!

So if anyone can help, i'll fecking love ya forever

Cheer's ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

Firstly Mods, i was unsure as to where to place this request so if it's mucking up the thread, please move!

Right my Q is this, an oddie i'm sure to you guys, i'm looking for song lyrics from any genre of music, that pertains to Love, missing someone, distance etc.

What i'm trying to do is write a letter to the fella who's working on the other side of the world, and use song lyrics to eh, show my feelings, i know i'm gonna get the urine extracted but be nice!!

Cheer's ..

homethoughts from abroad by clifford t ward perhaps?

pass me a bucket!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Cheer's ..

Arcade Fire's Cars & Telephones?

I walked
    To get the mail today
    I guess...
    Your letter never came.
    I'll just check again tomorrow.

Best of luck. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

'Chelsea Dagger' by The Fratellis, maybe?

I saw an ad on the Sky News channel a few times over the last couple of days for a hair restoration/transplant clinic. The song is a really mellow piano piece. I think I heard it in a movie before. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Caroline868

This soccer Saturday theme tune thingy majig is still bugging me! anyone know the song??!! its the irish prog!!!! been trying to find it for months! thanks xxxx:pac:

Advertisement