Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

i heard a song 2day that was kinda rap, mixed with everything but the main hook was 'this hello hello'

'turned over the pillow and she said hello hello'

'i woke up to this hello hello'

it was amazing does it ring any bells for anyone? the hello was said in an unusual way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

This soccer Saturday theme tune thingy majig is still bugging me! anyone know the song??!! its the irish prog!!!! been trying to find it for months! thanks xxxx:pac:

Ok if I'm thinking of the right song it'll be a cover of a Republica song called "Bloke".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Gspeed wrote: »
    Hey looking for a song, all i know about it is the chorus cuz its always on in nightclubs,,everyone goes mad jumping up and down shouting"do da do da dah"(really catchy verse abviously) its a bit like a football song or sumtin but the music is kinda basshunter.ish sry for little info but its driving me mad :P cheers in advance

This?

looking for a series of songs that start off with quotes from films then cut into a song.There wasa nameon the series.Its killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 capslocked

anyone know the name of the dance tune at thea start of this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzDx5sEScA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Hey i have a really vague request here which will probably be impossible to figure out but here goes anyway.....
    There was this ad on tv maybe a year or 2 ago, i can't remember what it was for. The song on it had kind of a doo do doo do doo.... chorus and was kinda slow and alternative acoustic. There are female harmonies and the male is singing the main chorus.

I have no idea of the rest of the words. It was also on an episode of Scrubs (can't remember which one, grr!). I've tried humming the melody of it to lots of people but no one recognises it! If someone knows what song I'm talking about I'd be glad to know because its been annoying me for the last year or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Dunno if that has been asked before but anywho......

Anyone know song thats played as the intro to RTE's Anonymous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Hey i have a really vague request here which will probably be impossible to figure out but here goes anyway.....
    There was this ad on tv maybe a year or 2 ago, i can't remember what it was for. The song on it had kind of a doo do doo do doo.... chorus and was kinda slow and alternative acoustic. There are female harmonies and the male is singing the main chorus.

I have no idea of the rest of the words. It was also on an episode of Scrubs (can't remember which one, grr!). I've tried humming the melody of it to lots of people but no one recognises it! If someone knows what song I'm talking about I'd be glad to know because its been annoying me for the last year or so!

I like a challenge so i'm determined to get this one,would it be this one by any chance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKw6I5Idgns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ahyeah

Hi, could anyone tell me the artist and title of this song thats on the radio at the moment, its driving me nuts trying to find it! it goes:

"oh oh oh
    i really want to go to berlin
    that is a lie
    i wanna be under an amber sky
    where i can sip my margherita dry

oh oh oh
    why does it have to rain all of the time"...

....that's all i've got! can anyone help?

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    I like a challenge so i'm determined to get this one,would it be this one by any chance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKw6I5Idgns

Nope thats not the one! Thanks anyway! Good song it is though.....

Keep the suggestions comin folks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

capslocked wrote: »
    anyone know the name of the dance tune at thea start of this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzDx5sEScA

This is it
    Savage song

Nope thats not the one! Thanks anyway! Good song it is though.....

Keep the suggestions comin folks! :)

Prob way off with this but it was in a ad and a scrubs eppisode so.
    Jose Gonzalez - HeartbeatsIts the ad where all the bouncy balls are going down the street

Soby wrote: »
    Prob way off with this but it was in a ad and a scrubs eppisode so.
    Jose Gonzalez - HeartbeatsIts the ad where all the bouncy balls are going down the street

No thats not it either but thats a frickin amazing song too!
    *sigh* I'll never find out.

Can ya remember anything about the scrubs episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

My guess is it's one of these two:

Oh my god its the New Slang song! Thank you! You've put an end to my year or so of torment! :D:p:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah yes, I adore 'New Slang' by The Shins.

One of my favourite songs in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mariskalisa

I don't know if anyone will be able to help with this but I'm looking for a song that I've heard played on the radio in shops loads of times but I can't find out what it is. It's a woman singing.
    Here are the lyrics that I can remember, I'm not sure if they're in the right order or not.

I won't laugh at every word you say
    I won't let you break my heart
    I won't be somebody that i'm not
    I'm with the wrong guy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I don't know if anyone will be able to help with this but I'm looking for a song that I've heard played on the radio in shops loads of times but I can't find out what it is. It's a woman singing.
    Here are the lyrics that I can remember, I'm not sure if they're in the right order or not.

I won't laugh at every word you say
    I won't let you break my heart
    I won't be somebody that i'm not
    I'm with the wrong guy

I'm 99% sure I know the song. I used to work in a shop and that song was on a cd we had. The thing is though the cd was sent in from an airplay company, and it was all sort of unsigned musicians on it or something like that. It's a money saving thing because to play proper music you have to pay lisencing fees and that. So basically I've no idea who it's by, or how you'd find out.

I could try and find out the name of the company that makes the CD's but I don't work in the shop anymore.

Recently I've heard quite a few shops playing the same cd's, Dunnes and Tesco's for example. Obviously they're trying to save money too.

Gspeed wrote: »
    Hey looking for a song, all i know about it is the chorus cuz its always on in nightclubs,,everyone goes mad jumping up and down shouting"do da do da dah"(really catchy verse abviously) its a bit like a football song or sumtin but the music is kinda basshunter.ish sry for little info but its driving me mad :P cheers in advance

From your description these two spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dirtsurfer

http://ronaldinho10.com/en_accueil.htm

i'm trying to find out what the name of the song on this web page is.

there's a little box down the bottom right with the word playlist under it, when you run you mouse over it you should be able to hear the music

I've wanted to know this for about half a year:confused:

help

The same. Anyone knows the name of that song?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Have you tried emailing the site administrators and asking them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dirtsurfer

Cianos wrote: »
    Have you tried emailing the site administrators and asking them?

No, I don't. Good idea indeed. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

who sings the cover version of the beatles song all together now, its driving mad cause every link goes to the orignal, not the cover:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

freyners wrote: »
    who sings the cover version of the beatles song all together now, its driving mad cause every link goes to the orignal, not the cover:(

Do you mean on the Budweiser ad?
    If so, the Budweiser site says it's a group called 'The Hours'.
    Here on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

freyners wrote: »

The Farm have a song with the same name, but it is not the same song.

i heard a song 2day that was kinda rap, mixed with everything but the main hook was 'this hello hello'

'turned over the pillow and she said hello hello'

'i woke up to this hello hello'

it was amazing does it ring any bells for anyone? the hello was said in an unusual way

bump somebody must know it

bump somebody must know it

Do you remember anything else about it? Like where did you hear it? In a shop? on a radio station?
    Did they have accents when rapping? Like did the sound like Dizzy Rascall or Jay Z?

Do you remember anything else about it? Like where did you hear it? In a shop? on a radio station?
    Did they have accents when rapping? Like did the sound like Dizzy Rascall or Jay Z?

heard in on induction day in college (sound engineering course)

its not chart rap sounded verry diffrent to anything on the radio! all i remmeber was the 'hello hello' ive googled it so much and still cant find it

• Advertisement

Was it someone at the induction day playing it? Maybe you could ask them, it could be something they're working on themselves?

It doesn't ring any bells with me at all. Sorry.

Advertisement