Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Anyone know the name of the song on the Sky 1 HD advert. It's a real catchy tune! :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

If it's the ad I'm thinking of it's "Close To Me" by The Cure, but I think they use the version that Lady Soverign sampled for her song "So Human"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6twJRaDnFM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's the Cure version. Thanks, I was going to on here and ask about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

Anyone help me find the artist and name of a song i've heard on tv once and heard it in college the other day. I taught and was pretty certain it was Republic of Loose but can't seem to find it on youtube or their myspace. Its very like them.. not much details to work with but hopefully someone knows what I'm on about..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mattyhislop

Does anyone know what song is used in the RTE ad for "The Byrne Ultimatum"? Its a guitar based song (I think) and it sort of repeatedly builds to climaxes if that makes any sense. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mrs.vandoorn

Hi, was anyone tuned into club educate on spin last night (12/9/09) ? Gibbons played a tune in the first hour of it and i didnt catch the name of it .
    The lyrics were something along the lines of "i know what i want" "you know what i want" and it was mostly sort of hoovers with a heavy pumping bass line. Any help much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

Does anyone know what song is used in the RTE ad for "The Byrne Ultimatum"? Its a guitar based song (I think) and it sort of repeatedly builds to climaxes if that makes any sense. Thanks

Buy it, Sell it - The Blizzards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

Namlub wrote: »
    Whoever can tell me the song that starts at 1:23 gets a cookie-

*Disclaimer* They won't really...

Can you post another link? I wanna cookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mattyhislop

Emmsy wrote: »
    Buy it, Sell it - The Blizzards

Thanks Emmsy, I couldn't find that anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jagerluvinliamo

Apologies for the lame attempt to describe this phoentically.
    There is this dance tune thats been around for a few years and its kinda similar to flat eric by Mr. Oizo. I heard it at the arcadia stage for the first time in ages at the picnic and i am dying to figure out what it is.

For the whole tune there is this oscillating " wong --- wong --- wong --- wong" sound as if a volume dial for a continuos low note is repeatedly been turned up and down.

In typical fashion this sounds speed up before a deep bassline and beat kicks in. And then drops back to normal speed. The beat isn't your typical dance beat, its kinda similar in rythym to "wheres your head at" by basement jaxx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bart.simpson

can anyone get this song...

it starts off like this...

''doo doo doo doo doo DOO doo doo doo doo doo doo

you lied to the game... you lied to fool us..
    you lied to the gammme... you lied to fool us''

its a dance song in the 80s or 90s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Anyone know what the song thats played in this video is?

It's an episode of Top Gear where Clarkson tests the Koenigsegg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EorVSKF0JnM

any help would be appreciated.

Not exactly the worlds greatest song :) But does anyone know what the sample featured throughout this Limp Bizkit song is...I know its quite a popular tune,but the name seems to be eluding me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MingeyBingey

The cover is by Letters To Cleo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

It is Jan Hammer - "Crockett's Theme"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pacman23555

There was an ad running all week for the Sunday Game and the all ireland final and im just wondering does anyone know what it is, theres piano in it, it only lasted a few seconds, there was no singing but i recall hearing the song before and i think there's a girl on vocals.
    Any suggestions appreciated, its for a wedding DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 slimerjigae

i heard a song 2day that was kinda rap, mixed with everything but the main hook was 'this hello hello'

'turned over the pillow and she said hello hello'

'i woke up to this hello hello'

it was amazing does it ring any bells for anyone? the hello was said in an unusual way

it's by the cat empire

It wasn't Escala was it? They're the only group that spring to mind.

Don't know what song it would've been but here's them doing Children by Robert Miles.

Not exactly the worlds greatest song :) But does anyone know what the sample featured throughout this Limp Bizkit song is...I know its quite a popular tune,but the name seems to be eluding me

It's "Crocket's Theme" by Jan Hammer from the 80's TV show Miami Vice.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Thanks for the response - Absolutely no idea if it's them or not but I'll be sure to pool over their stuff once I can and see if it rings any bells!

No problem, there's another similar group called BOND. Not sure if they're around any more though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭King Ian

Hi does anyone know what the song from the "Positive Options" ad by the Crisis Pregnancy Agency is? (yeah I know, weird ad to be asking about!)

It is a ubiquitous cinema ad, but seems to have made a re-appearance on RTE in the last few days.

It has a nice gentle uplifting piano sound - and it has bugged me for ages, wondering what the song is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I heard a country song a few years ago on the radio. The chorus went something like "S/He's the hero of this song". The lyrics were absolutely terrible (Hopefully on purpose). Along the lines of "There's a soldier there in Belfast who will not shoot a kid.... he's the hero of this song". It was played directly after Poisoning pidgeons in the park so I presume it was a comedy double or something.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Theres a song out at the moment with "next generation" sang a lot in it.Does anyone know the name of the song,it was a pop/dance song if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

This may have been answered already, but I honestly couldnt be bothered reading every post so here goes..
    Everytime I go into River Island I hear this song, the chorus goes like "Hey you what's new, I know you're famous.."
    Have tried googling it and couldnt find anything!!
    I really like it and would love to find out the name of it/who its by!
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 premiumblacktea

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

There was a song on the Ray Darcy show today, intro starts with a subtle guitar ringing and has the lyrics "Id be all that I could be" in it. Its wrecking my head cause I couldnt listen to the whole lot as was late for work. It was on at about 09:15 if thats any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

weedhead wrote: »
    There was a song on the Ray Darcy show today, intro starts with a subtle guitar ringing and has the lyrics "Id be all that I could be" in it. Its wrecking my head cause I couldnt listen to the whole lot as was late for work. It was on at about 09:15 if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ruby_Lang

Hi people,
    I really need help finding out the name of this song :*(
    Its been haunting me since I was travelling last summer around europe...

Its a very holiday song! Kind of sounds a Spanish.
    Its fast and has like harmonicas and stuff.

I just heard it on the Ad for the 'Couples retreat' movie...

If any of you know this song it would be great to finally know :)

Thanks a mill x x

Advertisement