Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Admiral

Hi,
    I was watching this program on the 16th. They played a song in the background about 40 minutes into the program. I believe the artist singing the song is Alexi Murdoch but I cant quite pick out the song.
    Any help out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

Admiral wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was watching this program on the 16th. They played a song in the background about 40 minutes into the program. I believe the artist singing the song is Alexi Murdoch but I cant quite pick out the song.
    Any help out there?

Just had a look there and the song at 41.20 is The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJo_klmPcA&feature=related. Is this the one or is the quiet musical piece in the background before this?

enner43 wrote: »
    Just had a look there and the song at 41.20 is The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJo_klmPcA&feature=related. Is this the one or is the quiet musical piece in the background before this?

Yeah it the one before this. Im pretty sure its Alexi Murdoch but just can pin it down to the song title.
    thanks
    Admiral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steveo 1892

CJTobin wrote: »
    Hi guys, could anybody match these lyrics to a song/artist please?

"One two three four, I am addicted to the sound let me hear more,
    Happy people passing by take away my blues"

There's plenty of whistling in there, and the song itself is a very happy one.

It's been on the radio a lot recently, I just haven't actually caught the name.

Thanks in advance!
    Hey CJ that song is by an Irish Singer, Luanne Parle and it's called The Parade.

Admiral wrote: »
    Yeah it the one before this. Im pretty sure its Alexi Murdoch but just can pin it down to the song title.
    thanks
    Admiral

Correction the song is actually right on 46:00 minutes in. This is driving me crazy. I'm even begining to think it might not be Alexi Murdoch.

Admiral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

Hi Guys,

Trying to ID a song doing the rounds on i102-104 at the moment! I know it's an Irish band and the only lyrics I know from it (and assume is the title) are "this time..."

Any suggestions!?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

found it! codes - this is goodbye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 laoisek20

Hi,

Theres this one song that is always played on sunday mornings on spin103.8 on the Irish Alternative show. Its real catchy but I'm normally far too lazy/ hungover to get out of bed and check spin for it. Its a really upbeat indie pop song. The lad who's singing it had a real gravelly voice and a really defined dublin accent. Any chance anyone would know it?

Um I've googled the lyrics I can remember and got nothing probably cos its an unsigned band. What I can vaguely remember anyway is "just one look is all it took. I read you like a childrens book." "And you talk too much about roots and hair and big bones big bones." something about :confused:"on an animals brain."

Real sketchy I know but if anyone could help I could get back to college work (or find another way to dodge said work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tonykc

I have been trying to find a copy of this song, done by Gerry McArdle, I heard on the radio, but no one seems to have it, will it ever be released again, or where might I find a copy.
    Cheers
    Tony Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Can Somebody please tell me the name of the Song On Stephen Ireland episode of Scannal it comes in at around 17:50

Thats a link to the prograame

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1060803

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Can Somebody please tell me the name of the Song On Stephen Ireland episode of Scannal it comes in at around 17:50

Thats a link to the prograame

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1060803

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Theres a Nivea Visage ad on Tv I just saw it on C4 a mins ago,is that Modest Mouse,Float On or something very similar!? I was in a different room couldnt really hear it

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Does anyone know the name of the irish song on an ad on the radio. Its kind of an irish ad. irish traditional song. I've heard it on today fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

I've seen people help with the most vague of clues on here. So by any chance would anyone know the song i'm talking about? Its on an ad at the moment. (i can't even remember what it's an ad for) but the song is by Harry Belafonte. I've googled it but any time i google anything to do with him i just get the banana boat song and its definitely not that.
    It was on fix it friday on Ray Darcy maybe two weeks ago. And he read it out at the same time as another question that was looking for Just a Gigolo by Louis Prima. Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

does anyone know the song thats being used on the ad for where the wild things are?the song plays for the whole ad,its driving me crazy trying to figure it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

does anyone know the song thats being used on the ad for where the wild things are?the song plays for the whole ad,its driving me crazy trying to figure it out
    If it's the same one as the one being used in the Theatrical trailer, it's "Wake Up" by The Arcade Fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

basquille wrote: »
    If it's the same one as the one being used in the Theatrical trailer, it's "Wake Up" by The Arcade Fire.

thats the one!i knew the song but for the life of me couldnt remember who it was!cheers!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

teednab-el wrote: »

Nope, but cool song :D thanx for tryin.

It was a male singer, really spaced out sounding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

What's the music to the Armani Code advert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

thats the one!i knew the song but for the life of me couldnt remember who it was!cheers!:D

They did a one off re-recording of it just for the trailer, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ejvilla

Hey, I heard a great song on scuzz over the weekend but can't remember the name of the band. The leadsinger/leadguitarist was playing a red, double necked electric. He was a pretty big guy with long, crazy hair that covered most of his face. The song had a similar chord progression to Zeppelins kashmir, but more stretched out. It looked like a low budget video with 90's visual effects. The real clue is the double neck lead guitar, high squealling solos. Any ideas? :o

Edit: Nevermind found it two pages back, coheed and cambria :)

Fidelis wrote: »
    What's the music to the Armani Code advert?

Dont have sound in me comp :mad: but one of the Armani ad's has Slow Hands by Interpol.Quality song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Sonic Boom Boy - Westworld

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DMUnhfOQo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Gillington wrote: »
    Dont have sound in me comp :mad: but one of the Armani ad's has Slow Hands by Interpol.Quality song.
    Nah that's not it, it's a techno/drum n bass tune, but thanks for the suggestion! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Plug wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the irish song on an ad on the radio. Its kind of an irish ad. irish traditional song. I've heard it on today fm.
    Its an irish independant paper advert.
    anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Does anyone know the song used in the Assassin's Creed 2 ad?

Does anyone know the song used in the Assassin's Creed 2 ad?

Song is Genesis by Justice.Quality song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Does anyone know the name of the tune from the Heineken Green Spheres ad with the Daft Punkesque robot dancers. It has an electro sound to it. Sounds a little like this tune.

*Awaits impatiently*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

The latest Rice Krispies ad anyone? Female vocalist, making flowers out of rice krispies in the garden?

Advertisement