Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Would any please know the name of this tune:

It is ripped from the latest Pantene Pro V ad currently shown on RTE at the moment. If anyone knows the name of tune and singer please let me know. Thanking you loads in advance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

when the four of them come out to recieve there award what Queen song it that in the backround?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Does anyone know the song in this ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ng2LhYOrs

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gnxx

mle1324 wrote: »
    when the four of them come out to recieve there award what Queen song it that in the backround?

That would be "Killer Queen"

• Advertisement

barnicles wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song in this ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ng2LhYOrs

Thanks,

Bjork It's Oh So Quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

anyone know a piece of ambient music that sounds very similiar to Brian Eno's track " An Ending". This piece of music im looking for features in the very beginning of the Munster rugby DVD "The Brave and the Faithful". I have been looking for this track title for a very long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Scien wrote: »
    Really starting to irritate me now.
    It's all over RTE at the moment, footage of Lionel Messi & Wayne Rooney are also in the Ad!
    Help!

email sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

teednab-el wrote: »
    anyone know a piece of ambient music that sounds very similiar to Brian Eno's track " An Ending". This piece of music im looking for features in the very beginning of the Munster rugby DVD "The Brave and the Faithful". I have been looking for this track title for a very long time now.

anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Hi
    Setanta are running a promo for Documentaries they'll be showing over the coming weeks and theres a song that plays over this ad that Im trying to find the name of.
    The ad finishes with a clip of Barry Mcguigan jogging in his heyday. Anybody have any idea what the song is and who the artist is?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Scien wrote: »
    Really starting to irritate me now.
    It's all over RTE at the moment, footage of Lionel Messi & Wayne Rooney are also in the Ad!
    Help!

If its the one im thinking about its definitly yeah yeah yeahs. I cant remember what song is on the ad though but i think its runaway- yeah yeah yeahs. Ill look out for the ad and get back to you if its wrong.

Now a song im looking for is its kinda of like eletro pop type thing i duno how to describe it. Its a female voice. The lyrics of the chorus are some like all the boys? And all the girls...? And then its repeating "never gone be the same again". I have a feeling it might be on Fifa 10 or it sounds like it would be.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Now a song im looking for is its kinda of like eletro pop type thing i duno how to describe it. Its a female voice. The lyrics of the chorus are some like all the boys? And all the girls...? And then its repeating "never gone be the same again". I have a feeling it might be on Fifa 10 or it sounds like it would be.
    Thanks
    There's a good chance this is waaaaay off the mark but....?

Namlub wrote: »
    There's a good chance this is waaaaay off the mark but....?

No thats not it. Thats what i kept getting back when i did a search on google. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

No thats not it. Thats what i kept getting back when i did a search on google. Thanks anyway.

Andy Williams-Watch the girls go by.

Thanks

This is a long shot really but try the Ting Tings "Great DJ"

Try this linky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-_6tLyA24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I was listening to fiday night 80's on Today FM the other night and heard this song.
    It goes a bit like this..."and i was lost in the city of love, duu duuu duu du dun dun dun"

Its the best I can do sorry:pac:
    please help as I love this song but never could get the name, I even used google and its not Micheal Bolton:(

Plug wrote: »
    I was listening to fiday night 80's on Today FM the other night and heard this song.
    It goes a bit like this..."and i was lost in the city of love, duu duuu duu du dun dun dun"

please help as I love this song but never could get the name, I even used google and its not Micheal Bolton:(

Long shot .... "Living on the ceiling" Blancmange

Linky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxBATDQqE98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Hi all, am trying to find the name of song that ends in what sounds like two guys saying "boooooow" twice, high pitched and descending, kind of like an afterthought. I know that's really vague, but if anyone could help it'd be great!. Thanks!

gnxx wrote: »
    This is a long shot really but try the Ting Tings "Great DJ"

Try this linky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-_6tLyA24

No thats not it but it does fit my description well. I think i have the lyrics wrong and i forgot the tuneso i have kinda given up looking for it. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

No thats not it but it does fit my description well. I think i have the lyrics wrong and i forgot the tuneso i have kinda given up looking for it. Thanks anyway.

Not one to give up ... try this :-)

Metric "Gold Guns Girls"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYLjHhSOE7s

gnxx wrote: »
    Not one to give up ... try this :-)

Metric "Gold Guns Girls"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYLjHhSOE7s

Ah sound man. Ye thats it fairplay. Im impressed. I knew I had all the lyrics wrong. I got the Fifa bit right atleast although i went through it to check must of missed it. Cheers again.

Ah sound man. Ye thats it fairplay. Im impressed. I knew I had all the lyrics wrong. I got the Fifa bit right atleast although i went through it to check must of missed it. Cheers again.
    No problem. Good track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its not "Living on the ceiling" Blancmange , thanks anyway gnxx.

I heard it on an old tape my dad had, it had British and Irish artists.
    It actually goes a lot like this song, very similar tune

PLEASE HELP:P

Its not "Living on the ceiling" Blancmange , thanks anyway gnxx.

I heard it on an old tape my dad had, it had British and Irish artists.
    It actually goes a lot like this song, very similar tune

PLEASE HELP:P

Based on the lyric "Lost in the city", the only thing I can thing of from the early 80's is Billy Idol Hot in the City.

Any other clues? When did you hear it on Today FM? Is the it a male vocal? What is the main instrument in the song? Is the "In the city" part of the chorus? Is it actually an 80's song? Have you heard it in a film or similar?

Are you sure that the lyric "lost in the city of love" is correct? Any ideas on other possible lyrics?

I hate not guessing these :-) Must not give up :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Anyone know what the song in the most recent guinness ad is? The one that starts off with a rocket going off, winter scenes and there are animals running across the landscape?

Cheers :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Anyone know what the song in the most recent guinness ad is? The one that starts off with a rocket going off, winter scenes and there are animals running across the landscape?

Cheers :)

Mason Williams - Classical Gas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

K people i need a hand finding out a song!, its been stuck in my head for the last few days!

Its from the new ad the the new canon camera the IXUS 200IS!
    There running around in a forest tryin to take pictures of each other...

All i can remember from the song is....." Im a little blackbird sittin in a tree ...nananan anaananaa.... lalalalalalalalalaala " and so on...theres guitar playin in the background,

So ye ANYONE KNOW IT? :rolleyes:

Iancar29 wrote: »
    K people i need a hand finding out a song!, its been stuck in my head for the last few days!

Its from the new ad the the new canon camera the IXUS 200IS!
    There running around in a forest tryin to take pictures of each other...

All i can remember from the song is....." Im a little blackbird sittin in a tree ...nananan anaananaa.... lalalalalalalalalaala " and so on...theres guitar playin in the background,

So ye ANYONE KNOW IT? :rolleyes:

Haven't heard the advert but would guess at this:

"Blackbirdsong" - Ben Cocks

Few songs would have the lyric "hey mr blackbird sitting in a tree" :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

What's the song to the english lottery add?

Advertisement