Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Sorry if it's been asked already...

Does anyone know the song in the new Brylcreem ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

lisajane wrote: »
    What's the song to the english lottery add?

I think this is it. Barry Louis Polisar - All I Want Is You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

OK, here goes, very vague.

Looking for the song with a corus line that goes somthing like "my heart goes... dum, bum, da dum dum, da bum ... etc..."

Basically the singer (a she) is saying her heartbeat when she sees some fella or something is this weird beat that she then tries to mimic. Think it's a recent enough song as I just heard it in two shops and hadn't heard it before now.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone know the music in the latest O2 treats ad?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What's the song at 3:30

I know it's shut your mouth...and originally by garbage..who sings this version?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oh it says who remixes it..whoops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Anyone know the music in the latest O2 treats ad?
    Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭trentv

I really hope someone can help, its been years that i've been looking for this song. I came across a live concert one night on some obscure satellite German channel, the band look like they are from the 60s.
    The song was about a bassplayer who lived upstairs to a soprano, the chorus was the singer would start singing Ave Maria and the bass player joins in so that they are playing together in their own apartments.
    The result was an excellent song and i hope... but doubt, that someone can ID it for me?? Please....
    Forgot to mention it is an Electric Bass, not Double Bass and it is a rock song not classical, but soft rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

phasers wrote: »
    Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap?

That's the one, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

The song in the newest Guiness Ad? Kind of mandolin sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

The song starts about 1min 20sec into the video. Jezza is reviewing the Ascari a10.

It's also on the current ad for Smokin' aces that will be shown sometime soon on 3 or Rte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwJNORPgMyU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

anyone know a piece of ambient music that sounds very similiar to Brian Eno's track " An Ending". This piece of music im looking for features in the very beginning of the Munster rugby DVD "The Brave and the Faithful". I have been looking for this track title for a very long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 eoc2

Hi,

Have been trying to find or remember a song from MTV of the late 80's maybe early 90's. It featured a couple dancing old style on the streets of some European City, maybe Paris or Vienna. They were dancing old style a bit like Fred Astaire & Co. I think the song was instrumental or maybe had a few lyrics. It was a a very catchy toon and would love to dig it up. If anyone can remember it I would be mightily impressed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the latest o2 ad, any idea what the song is, has only been on air for about a week or so

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

irish-stew wrote: »
    the latest o2 ad, any idea what the song is, has only been on air for about a week or so

:confused:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64099064&postcount=2772

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Fago_25 wrote: »
    The song in the newest Guiness Ad? Kind of mandolin sound!
    Is it this tune, Fago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dendrenn

I heard this song years ago on a pension add and every now and then, it comes back to me and I spend another hour or two hopelessly googling d lyrics!!! :mad:

I just found a link to where it can be viewed online and any help on finding the name of the song/band would be very much appreciated!!!

Here is the web-address:
    http://www.pensionsboard.ie/index.asp?locID=366&docID=-1

Once there, download the fourth file:
    TV_ad_of_couple_20sec.mpg.mpg (3248 KB)

If you can't play the file for any reason VLC Media Player never fails!

Cheers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Coco pos dance tune name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 laochragaol

howya everyone. Ye've gotten some fantastic choon's with the minimal of information so i'm getting my 2 cents in.

Haven't a notion who sings this song at all. Cept that its a man

Its a feel good song that uses a string orchestra.

Heard it in work once or twice last year on todayfm but had to leave the area as the boss was giving me visual daggers so i never got the name of the tune.

The bbc orchestra also played it when going through the nominations for the sports personality of the year in 2009.

And for what it worth i heard it once on corks redfmpromoting some industry award that they'd won.

It sounds a bit like the universal but in a slower way.
    Any help will be immensely appreciated girls and gals.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 melaine2410

Does anyone know the name of the musician who plays the music on the vick's vapour rub ad where a hand uses vicks vapour rub as an eraser to rub out the words sore throat etc. It's classical guitar I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

WHAT A BANGIN TUNE.

What is it pleeeeease??

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Badly need to know a tune,been searching for it for ages now....and need it now more than even as im doin a project in college (music technology)...I even went and emailed BBC but got no reply...I was watching BBC motogp 2009 review on last broadcast on Sat, 14 Nov 2009, 13:10 on BBC One. and they had a wicked tune at the start when they were praising valentino rossi...if anyone had been watching it,do they know the name of the tune? I think RTE used it for one of thier hurling adds last when year when they went down through the years and at the end i think it was the hurler Joe Connolly screamed 'galway we love you!'

The song starts about 1min 20sec into the video. Jezza is reviewing the Ascari a10.

It's also on the current ad for Smokin' aces that will be shown sometime soon on 3 or Rte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwJNORPgMyU

Hey Crash Override, is this the song you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfhLpPLqmgk

Would any please know the name of this tune:

It is ripped from the latest Pantene Pro V ad currently shown on RTE at the moment. If anyone knows the name of tune and singer please let me know. Thanking you loads in advance :)

That's 'Fade Out' by Andi Teichmann I think!?

Anyone know what the song in the most recent guinness ad is? The one that starts off with a rocket going off, winter scenes and there are animals running across the landscape?

Cheers :)

I think the version of Classical Gas on the add is actually buy Area Code 615!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ynnSdBIda8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'm sure people know this one. I have heard the song plenty of times but dont know the name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

Badly need to know a tune,been searching for it for ages now....and need it now more than even as im doin a project in college (music technology)...I even went and emailed BBC but got no reply...I was watching BBC motogp 2009 review on last broadcast on Sat, 14 Nov 2009, 13:10 on BBC One. and they had a wicked tune at the start when they were praising valentino rossi...if anyone had been watching it,do they know the name of the tune? I think RTE used it for one of thier hurling adds last when year when they went down through the years and at the end i think it was the hurler Joe Connolly screamed 'galway we love you!'

It's not Aerials by System of a Down is it? I know RTE used that for one of their GAA promos in the last year.

Even if it's not it, i'll put up the link anyway, just a damn fine song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSiTbkpbnUs&feature=fvst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cadeansceal?

not sure if this thread is still active but anyone know the name of the song in the new denny's ad? only caught 2 seconds of it last night. sounds super familiar and it's really really annoying me.

it's acoustic, with a kind strum and slap the guiatr type vibe. caught the lyrics "birds sing". it's on the tip of my tongue but it's killing me!!!

some american singer/songwriter dude.

please help!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Richie..Galway

Anybody know the music played in the background to Premier Soccer Saturday.

Nice kind of indie music.

want to know this aswell, just heard it again tonight and it's stuck in my head.. premier soccer saturday on Network 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

No rich its not it but i found something on youtube,so somebody can please help.....What is the name of this tune?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2CievttorE

Advertisement