Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

anyone know a piece of ambient music that sounds very similiar to Brian Eno's track " An Ending". This piece of music im looking for features in the very beginning of the Munster rugby DVD "The Brave and the Faithful". I have been looking for this track title for a very long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

any body know the piece of music used on the ads for the Jameson Film festival?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Ladytron's Ghosts.
    Cheers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Colm and jimjim (2fm in the mornings) Have been playing this song as their recommends in the mornings this week, Its called "rocket" apparently, dont think they mentioned the artist this morning. It starts off quite like several 80's songs, with lots of synth etc.

Their website or podcast doesnt have it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Does anyone know this song, it was played by some band at electric picnic at the stage that was a ship :)
    Its chorus went " i am a punk and i have a kid and he wants to do all the things i did"????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

anyone know the song on the tv3 ad where they're just showing loads of random clips?cant hear the lyrics too great cos they're talkin over it:rolleyes: and the song on the xpose ad?kind of acoustic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

ooh found the xpose one!haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spookie

Does anyone know the name of song / artist been used on the VW Polo advert, currently running on RTE ?? ( and its not PINK )

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

There is a song that starts "I want to see your house from mine, I want to see your house from mine" - a female vocalist, it then goes into something like "bloody lows, bloody highs...."

Anyone know it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Hey, I heard this song while at a nightclub but I managed to record it on my phone. Shazam isn't able to pick it up though :\

http://student.dcu.ie/~gaffnem7/Recording(4).amr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Hey, I heard this song while at a nightclub but I managed to record it on my phone. Shazam isn't able to pick it up though :\

http://student.dcu.ie/~gaffnem7/Recording(4).amr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Is it this tune, Fago?

That's the one. Thanx cap'n. :)

One more.

anyone know this? it's on a paramount comedy ad that's doing the rounds. It's an instrumental funky piece. Kinda repetetive "doo, do do do do, doo do do do". god knows what instrument it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

engrish? wrote: »
    There is a song that starts "I want to see your house from mine, I want to see your house from mine" - a female vocalist, it then goes into something like "bloody lows, bloody highs...."

Anyone know it?

The Tycho Brahe - Your house from mine

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Tom1991

heres a vague one.basically im unsure on the lyrics but its a song about a singer who sells out n there are lines anbout his whip etc n how he loses fans.the voice of one singer is a carribean/jamacan? kind of voice kind of like will i am or wyclef jon and an english voice kind of david gray ish or coldplay slightly.i know im being extremely extremely vague but if anyone can think of it.if it helps it was on fm104 around 2 o clock today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kanye West - Homecoming(feat.Chris Martin)?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Tom1991

no definatly not kanye.im not holdin out hope for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone know the name of the tune vodafone have on their new ad for the €200 off a prepay phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I think it's Barcelona by the Plasticines (the knitting ad song?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Great first post :D

Here it is indeed, not a bad bunch of birds either :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMy7DRLlDaE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

cson wrote: »
    Great first post :D

Here it is indeed, not a bad bunch of birds either :pac:

Yeah I came across them when I was googling 'hot birds' one day : P.
    Them, and the KFC website : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DaisyAD

This song was in Episode 3, season 4, of Skins.
    It's not listed on the E4 website, and i tried searching the lyrics online.
    All I have is this recording from the episode.

anyone have any clue?

thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

DaisyAD wrote: »
    This song was in Episode 3, season 4, of Skins.
    It's not listed on the E4 website, and i tried searching the lyrics online.
    All I have is this recording from the episode.

anyone have any clue?

thanx

Near Town - The Amazing Broken Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gc14vk-d2g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DaisyAD

Emmsy wrote: »
    Near Town - The Amazing Broken Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gc14vk-d2g
    Thanks a bunch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

does anyone know the song used in the current Lost ad on rte2, has the lyrics ' i was blind' in it, sung by a man?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

OK, people were looking for the Jameson film festival ad song...

Bad news I'm afraid, I emailed my sister (she works for Jameson, in the marketing dept. or something, was involved in the film festival stuff anyway), here's what she said:

"the music was composed especially for the ad. so its not by a band or anything and there doesn't seem to be a name for it either."

The song is Ghosts by Ladytron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

OK not much info to go on here:

this song has been around years, its kind of chillout and sound like something fatboy slim would produce, not him though.

the only lyrics i can think of is a bit of the verse has a woman saying "in my deams i something something something..." then a little descending piano part, then an african sounding guy shouts "woman" in an african accent.

the song has heavy synth use and piano part.

Please help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

king-stew wrote: »
    OK not much info to go on here:

this song has been around years, its kind of chillout and sound like something fatboy slim would produce, not him though.

the only lyrics i can think of is a bit of the verse has a woman saying "in my deams i something something something..." then a little descending piano part, then an african sounding guy shouts "woman" in an african accent.

the song has heavy synth use and piano part.

Please help :D

Moby - Porcelain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

BaZmO* wrote: »

I love you, thats been in my head 4 days all because i played that piano bit on my keyboard accidently!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Anybody know the song that plays in the south park ad on comedy central? thanks :)

Advertisement