Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 morawa

Sorry guys, I don't pay too much attention to the charts and I've had a look through the chart listings + YouTube. What's that song on the radio with some young lady singing about New York. Apparently she's a classical artist or something?

Edit - Just found it, Alicia Keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ya, whats the discover ireland song called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

mink_man wrote: »

ARE YOU TALKING BOUT THE DISCOVER IRELAND OR DISCOVER NORTHERN IRELAND AD?CAUSE THIS SONG IS DEFINETALY ON ONE OF THEM ADS AT THE MOMENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ya, found it after a while that is is remember when by the heathers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Anyone know what the song was at the end titles of Famous, Rich and Jobless the other night? Sort of classicy with violins but it's modern too (I've heard it elsewhere recently).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CrazyMel

Anyone know this one slow enough of a song..scruffy dude sings it and then close to the end a girl with long red hair sings "did i say that I loved you did i say that I wanted to" bout 8 years ago when it was out and when she's singin it she's at a beach (I think)

His wearing a green jacket (I think) lol

He sings then or kinda talks "until i find someone else"

Cheers :D

mink_man wrote: »

Chicane - Saltwater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Anyone know the song on the Denny Ad for the girl who is getting married? Its kind of a country-style song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

CrazyMel wrote: »
    Anyone know this one slow enough of a song..scruffy dude sings it and then close to the end a girl with long red hair sings "did i say that I loved you did i say that I wanted to" bout 8 years ago when it was out and when she's singin it she's at a beach (I think)

Pearl Jam - Just Breath, is what it sounds like!

Nah its not them! Drivin me insane tryin to think of your man's name tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ok this one has a nice base line, it's used in sitcoms for romantic moments, it says 'it feels so good' at some point... my friend that wants to know says that it is sung by a 'delicious black man' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

Just to embellish Tar's description, it's only a really small clip always used in a humourous manner.

There's about 4 or 5 seconds of a bassline, a pause where said chocolately black man half-sing half-whispers "feels so good" followed by a descending bassline for another 3 or 4 seconds.

I'VE NEVER WANTED TO KNOW ANYTHING MORE THAN I WANT TO KNOW THIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Anyone know the song that's in the Ford Focus Diesel ad? It sounds kind of like Mika.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

CrazyMel wrote: »

That deffo sounds like 'The Blower's Daughter' by Damien Rice With Lisa Hannigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

DáireM wrote: »
    Just to embellish Tar's description, it's only a really small clip always used in a humourous manner.

There's about 4 or 5 seconds of a bassline, a pause where said chocolately black man half-sing half-whispers "feels so good" followed by a descending bassline for another 3 or 4 seconds.

I'VE NEVER WANTED TO KNOW ANYTHING MORE THAN I WANT TO KNOW THIS.

That really sounds like a Barry White song. Which one, I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

ok this one has a nice base line, it's used in sitcoms for romantic moments, it says 'it feels so good' at some point... my friend that wants to know says that it is sung by a 'delicious black man' lol
    DáireM wrote: »

There's about 4 or 5 seconds of a bassline, a pause where said chocolately black man half-sihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wlz_bKHi9sng half-whispers "feels so good" followed by a descending bassline for another 3 or 4 seconds.
    My guess is it's "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby" by Barry White (of course). It's a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

My guess is it's "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby" by Barry White (of course). It's a great song.

I love you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Does any one know the name of the mish mash of Santana Smooth and a Lady Gaga song that was played on Today FM on Saturday about 1!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I think this is what you're looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

eamon234 wrote: »
    I think this is what you're looking for

Sound thanks :D

• Advertisement

Bootsy. wrote: »
    That deffo sounds like 'The Blower's Daughter' by Damien Rice With Lisa Hannigan.

Yup yer right!!! Yer an absolute LEGEND...Thanks for that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

www.hersenscheet.com/loi/hitler1.swf

Anyone know the name of the song in the link, sounds scandanavian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I remember a song a long time ago and as far as I know it was sung by Brendan Shine or some other piano Box player. Basically the song was unaccompanied and was about the singer when he was young and poor and could not afford instruments so they used to lilt the tunes, diddleiya type of thing. Its an solo song and I would love to know the name of it so I can revive it as my partypiece.
    Please put me out of my misery.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ended up with a pop song stuck in my head and of course, I cannot find it anywhere - heard it once on one of the pop stations and only once. Need to find it so I can overplay it and get it out of my head :D

Girlgroup - basically the song is something "oh, get your swagger on if you wanna meet somebody........or get out of my sight". Something like that. My searches have revealed Kanye or a girl group called Fenix. Unfortunately, neither are correct.

Help me out please!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Ended up with a pop song stuck in my head and of course, I cannot find it anywhere - heard it once on one of the pop stations and only once. Need to find it so I can overplay it and get it out of my head :D

Girlgroup - basically the song is something "oh, get your swagger on if you wanna meet somebody........or get out of my sight". Something like that. My searches have revealed Kanye or a girl group called Fenix. Unfortunately, neither are correct.

Help me out please!

could it be kesha - tic toc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

for anyone looking for it - song from new VHI advert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    www.hersenscheet.com/loi/hitler1.swf

Anyone know the name of the song in the link, sounds scandanavian?
    LEEKSPIN :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

could it be kesha - tic toc

(Un)fortunately not. Thanks though...Damn. Don't even know how to describe it as it's the usual girl group setup. Whole chorus is about getting "swagger / swagga" on

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

There's a song i've heard a few times in nightclubs recently, but always have been too drunk to remember to record it for shazam, its electronic and hardly no lyrics and the main melody is kind of a French sounding piece(sounds kinda accordion like maybe). I know i'm being fairly vague but i'm sure its a new tune, but looked at all the dance charts i could find and still cant find it. Can anyone put me out of my misery:)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Help me out please!

Heard these today...its a long shot

:confused:

Advertisement