Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

May have been asked before but cannot be arsed trawling through entire thread:

Song from the 'never drink and drive' ad where the boy in the yellow shirt is playing football in the garden before being hit by a car driven by a drunk driver
    It begins with "shall I tell you about my life"

Song that plays at the end of RTE's Monday Night Soccer over clips of goals and fans from the weekend's matches

Thanks for any help!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

May have been asked before but cannot be arsed trawling through entire thread:

Song from the 'never drink and drive' ad where the boy in the yellow shirt is playing football in the garden before being hit by a car driven by a drunk driver
    It begins with "shall I tell you about my life"

Song that plays at the end of RTE's Monday Night Soccer over clips of goals and fans from the weekend's matches

Thanks for any help!! :)

Never Drink and drive ad is Fleetwood Mac - Man of the World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWbapyU2K2c&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

On a recent iPhone add it shows the features of the iPhone like viewing house prices and Facebook, the song is a kind of bassy, dance song its been on a few ads before. Anyone know it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

unkymo wrote: »
    Never Drink and drive ad is Fleetwood Mac - Man of the World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWbapyU2K2c&feature=related

Thanks for that! It's nice to be able to listen to it in a less harrowing, non-car crash context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Zonda999 wrote: »
    There's a song i've heard a few times in nightclubs recently, but always have been too drunk to remember to record it for shazam, its electronic and hardly no lyrics and the main melody is kind of a French sounding piece(sounds kinda accordion like maybe). I know i'm being fairly vague but i'm sure its a new tune, but looked at all the dance charts i could find and still cant find it. Can anyone put me out of my misery:)?

is this it by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Rud wrote: »

Thanks, but no that aint it, have'nt heard it since i posted but i have been looking at some of the charts but still no luck. I'd say its only been out a couple of months max

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crouchimus

Hi all,

Anyone know what the song is for the HMV ad - its there BOOM sale ad, has lady gaga offer and a dvd I think and guitar hero.
    Cheers - it's driving me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

crouchimus wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone know what the song is for the HMV ad - its there BOOM sale ad, has lady gaga offer and a dvd I think and guitar hero.
    Cheers - it's driving me mad!

It's Justice - Genesis from their Cross album

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crouchimus

Thanks a million - absolutely class tune, straight onto the playlist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Scien wrote: »

Or it could be this version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

whats the name of the song that does be played on galway bay fm, the singer is from mayo i think and the song hes singin is a cover, and the words "shooting star" are near the end of it...i aksed some1 who sang the original and they said aslan, jupiter but i cant find it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

mink_man wrote: »
    whats the name of the song that does be played on galway bay fm, the singer is from mayo i think and the song hes singin is a cover, and the words "shooting star" are near the end of it...i aksed some1 who sang the original and they said aslan, jupiter but i cant find it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEAqBwDTTFU Not that by any chance?

Anyone know the song in the newish Ford Focus Diesel Ad? EDIT: See it's posted above, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SQUINTING WINDO

Can anyone identify the song name and band name from the little information that follows...
    Words and phrases that I remember..."hey mamma "..."and Im awful seasick ,you know I hardly know my name"
    This song is from the late 70s early 80s and I think it was as far as I know a 1 hit wonder , the bands name was a single word ! (I think).
    New to Boards.ie and this has been bugging me for years .

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

anyone know the song from the new Denny ad on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

anyone know the song from the new Denny ad on TV?

Which ad exactly?

EDIT :

This?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Which ad exactly?

EDIT :

This?

thats the one! cheers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEAqBwDTTFU Not that by any chance?

Anyone know the song in the newish Ford Focus Diesel Ad? EDIT: See it's posted above, cheers.

afraid not....thanks anyway...i think the fella could be from mayo possibly???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

There's a song i've heard a few times in nightclubs recently, but always have been too drunk to remember to record it for shazam, its electronic and hardly no lyrics and the main melody is kind of a French sounding piece(sounds kinda accordion like maybe). I know i'm being fairly vague but i'm sure its a new tune, but looked at all the dance charts i could find and still cant find it. Can anyone put me out of my misery:)?

This was it in the end! :)

anyone know what the music is from the e4 ad for stardust? piano music sounds a bit like rachmaninoff style
    sorry if wrong place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

bluewolf wrote: »
    anyone know what the music is from the e4 ad for stardust? piano music sounds a bit like rachmaninoff style
    sorry if wrong place

I dont know the song but I think i heard that take that are doing the stardust stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Does anybody know the name of that song in the new Galway Tourism ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

anyone know the name of the theme tune to globe trekker and where i can download it

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

"Hi guys,

I'm trying to remember a song, its either sung by bruce springsteen or someone that sounds like him. It's a reallly quiet song and i think some of the lyrics are "she let him in her heart" (not too sure about this). Anyone have any ideas because its driving me crazy!!

Thanks"

Edit - It literally popped into my head a minute after posting this. It was Bruce Springsteen Secret Garden. Thank God, I can now go to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the name of that song in the new Galway Tourism ad?
    Heathers - Remember When
    I think this is what you're talking about two girls singing yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I dont what exactly "Kinda Accordian Like" is but this might get a few plays around the place, practically no lyrics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Here's one thats been driving me nuts, the vodafone iPhone 3GS add has a great backing track, recording below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Hey sorry if its been asked before but does anybody know the name of the song that's on the e4 promo for 90210 at the minute.

Sounds really good and I'd love to hear a full version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Does anybody know the name of the song in which there is a guitar and drums playing and the guy keeps saying ay ay ay ay. It could well be an english band. Kind of vague I know but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the name of the song in which there is a guitar and drums playing and the guy keeps saying ay ay ay ay. It could well be an english band. Kind of vague I know but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like A-punk by Vampire Weekend to me.

Advertisement