Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books on Mandarin

Options
  • 14-04-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

I have recently moved to Hong Kong and would like to start learning Mandarin. I know they speak Cantonese here btw.

Can anyone recommend books,audio cd's, or software that can help me out?

Any help is much apprecitated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Valehru

Hey Fenian,

I moved to China 2 years ago. I found that initially that Pimsleurs guide to mandarin helped me an awful lot. Rosetta stone is not bad either. Living in Beijing right now. Best of luck with the Mandarin, its not that hard to learn. You should be able to get a tutor in Hong Kong fairly easy. If not, perhaps you could take a weekly trip over the border to Shenzhen to get a grasp of the lingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Fenian

Thanks Valehru for the advice.
    I'll start with the Pimsleurs program I think. Seems to be the most effective.
    My application for the HK ID was approved today so I won't have much hassle going to the mainland.

Advertisement