Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delays with eircom.....

Options
  • 14-04-2007 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey guys, i'm on eircom broadband now for about a year after our exchange was upgraded. But about 4 weeks ago my connection suddenly "disconnected". I called eircom who assured me that the fault was "fast-tracked"! 4 weeks later it's stil not solved and was only evetually fixed by an irrate phone call to some customer service idiot who sorted the thing out. We were told it was some "port issue"... I have no idea what that means, and i'm just wondering would changing providers stop it happening again? What shocked me most about the whole debacle was the lack of communication within the company! The engineers dont' seem to be communication with the customer service people at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Seek a rebate for the downtime.

Porting is a transfer of service to/from eircom. A port usually refers to the physical connection between your phone line and the equipment in the exchange (and management there of, such as your speed settings, etc.). So it could be that you were accidentally physically disconnected, or a software error caused your disconnection.

There is no ISP in Ireland who have a reputation of calling their customers back (even when they say they will). eircom are no better or worse, in my experience, than any other. Sad state of affaris, for sure.

Changing providers is more likely to cause more downtime and headaches than anything else, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Yeah, you should get money back from eircom. They do tend to mess up quite a bit. I myself was told the router would arrive in mid march but they started billing me from the point onwards, i had to pay for a month where i had no broadband.. they're tech staff is pretty hit and miss.. hang up and recall you eventually get a smart one.. another time when we were on 56k, they accidentally added a second billing account to our account.. and we were getting billed twice.. once with flat rate and once without.. took ages until we finally found someone who didnt just send us off somewhere else.. or pretend they fixed it.

Anyhoo, enjoy contacting eircom.

Advertisement