Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddy power Q

Options
  • 14-04-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

what would happen if you canceled your cc and owed pp money?:D
    would they bring the men in white suits over.

just wondering.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

legs11 wrote:
    what would happen if you canceled your cc and owed pp money?:D
    would they bring the men in white suits over.

just wondering.......

how can you owe them money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

they take money from your bank account dont they......
    i mean my cc.
    was just wondering some lads in england lost thousands on betfair over the carling cup, dont know what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

don't think u can close ur cc account until all tranactions have been processed

hard luck wish i had the self power to close my acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

yayamark wrote:
    don't think u can close ur cc account until all tranactions have been processed

hard luck wish i had the self power to close my acc.

as yayamark said all pending transactions are processed when you cancel....

my only suggestion if they lost money they can't afford and don't have is to talk to http://www.gamblersanonymous.ie/ I remember hearing before if you tell pp you have a problem and you want help they will close your accounts and put you in contact...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

legs11 wrote:
    they take money from your bank account dont they......
    i mean my cc.
    was just wondering some lads in england lost thousands on betfair over the carling cup, dont know what they did.

It impossible to owe money to PP and all other bookies. What happened with the Betfair incident was betfairs fault. BF had to cancel the debt as legally they arent allowed to give credit to customers.

Spread firms are a different story though, and they can go after you if you owe money. Paddy, lads betfair etc will not allow you exceed the money in your account.

Betfair have since suspended the first goal scorer market(the one which people ran themselves in debt with) as it allowed users go into debt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

of course you can 'owe' pp money, when my acc is empty you just 'top up' by entering the security code of the cc.

then all the 'top ups' are credited on your cc next bill.
    i own pp like 230e godddamnit.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sorry, i meant you cant ruin you PP balacne into a negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

legs11, deposits are made instantly. they don't take a few days like withdrawals.

there is one way to owe bookmakers money.. but I’m not telling :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

Go on manwiththeplan. Enlighten us. PM if you feel you must keep it under wraps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Shocking thread. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It impossible to owe money to PP and all other bookies.

When Laddies first introduced the lodge to online account through shops there was a nice little loophole where if you had a sterling account they didnt realise so any euros you lodged showed up as sterling, they copped on eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

What happened with the Betfair incident was betfairs fault.

Was away for last few weeks, any details of exactly what happened?
    of course you can 'owe' pp money, when my acc is empty you just 'top up' by entering the security code of the cc.
    then all the 'top ups' are credited on your cc next bill.

Surely when you credit your PP account, you CC card is automatically debited.
    I presume there are checks to make sure it's all legit before you get credited.

You would end up owing the money to the CC company who would come after you looking for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

A few idiots on a website called MoneySavingExpert.com (or something) noticed that the book for first goalscorer could be layed on betfair for around 200%. Using dutching calculators they layed the field for thousands in the belief they were all green. One guy even posted up a screenshot showing he was +3k on each ooutcome.

What none of them realised was that the players who hadn't played by the time the first goal was scored weren't included and all bets became void. I think one lad ended up "owing" €11k. Betfair decided to wipe thos losses away

There's more on this topic here and in other gambling forums

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

PADDYPOKER wrote:
    Was away for last few weeks, any details of exactly what happened?

Have a read of these couple of threads if you've an hour to spare. Watch how the glee ('I'm dutching the market for £50 every 20 seconds, easy money') turns to despair and anger when they realise what a hole they've dug themselves.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=386063

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=386241

Some basic knowledge of exchanges, overrounds, etc necessary to get the full flavour.

Advertisement